Topic: Silva vs. Weidman

Silva vs. Weidman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

02.27.2013 | 10:31 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Weidman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 14

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

07.07.2013 | 10:29 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I've never seen anyone so anally butt hurt than Deep theory.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

deep theory
deep theory
  • Predictions:  522  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  132
  • Post Score: 29

07.07.2013 | 10:31 PM ET

Gimme a break!

Weidman's punching technique looks completely amateur there, irregardless of the KO. If Anderson wasn't the guy to cover up, or jab/slip/counter, there are plenty of guys at 185 that will be.

"You talk too much. Things will happen."

deep theory
deep theory

07.07.2013 | 10:34 PM ET

@Brazilian Jitz

**** jokes? C'mon dude, not cool

I'll be the first to admit 1. Silva deserved to get schlooped the way he was fighting 2. I am super-disappointed in the fight last night and 3. I'm probably the biggest AS fan on tapology.

All that aside, I challenge any of you nay-sayers to put up or shut up. Lets get a bet of some type going.

deep theory
deep theory

07.07.2013 | 10:37 PM ET

But seriously in regards to me being upset, I am a grown-ass man I have no problems admitting that.

Anderson Silva getting KO'd-- feels like your parents divorced or something. It's a possibility that was always in the back of your mind, but when it happened nothing could feel more surreal.

PS -  only in 2013, and only in America can standing up for something/somebody you believed in be perceived as being "anally butt hurt"

* Edited at 07.07.2013, 10:41 PM ET *

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

07.07.2013 | 10:42 PM ET

@deep just because Weidman won't go on a title reign like Anderson did doesn't mean he isn't a really good fighter.  His foundation is grappling, not striking. When it comes to grappling he's nasty.  Remember how awesome Mark Munoz looked against Boetsch last night? Weidman completely tooled Munoz in grappling.

Perhaps Anderson will beat him in a rematch, but there are not plenty of guys at 185 that can handle Weidman. He won't become the GOAT but who does? He's still championship-level material.

"I live, I die, I live again."

deep theory
deep theory

07.07.2013 | 10:51 PM ET

@G

wise word sir. and you've touched on exactly why this event has been so hard for me to wrap my head around. why im posting tons late in the evening, in a way completely out of character for this account.

my familys from up top. I love NJ/NY. I really liked Weidman before the fight. As a person more than a fighter, but still.

Had he won in a different fashion my hat would have been completely off to him. There would be nothing more to say. But the fact remains that ending killed me as an AS fan and completely alienated me as a potential CW fan.

And these "Weidman" fans that have been rearing their ugly heads in the last 24 hours, theyre doing a disservice to Weidman themselves talking all this jibber-jabber that half the time isn't even rational thought.

pac336
pac336
  • Predictions:  3,164  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 179

07.07.2013 | 10:52 PM ET

Silva deserved to be KOed for not taking Weidman more serious. I mean Silva was still dancing even when Weidman first rocked him.

"I like to party!!!"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

07.07.2013 | 11:06 PM ET

I'm not American, Deep. I'm just calling as it is. You're making excuses up, and you're making ridiculous hypotheticals, and you can't accept than Weidman was better.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.07.2013 | 11:07 PM ET

Idk. I think people be trippin regarding this fight.

Did I think Weidman was going to KO Silva on the feet? Hellz to the no, but did I think he was clearly winning the entire fight? Hellz to the yes. 

Silva had nothing for Weidman on the ground. Weidman said as much between rounds to his corner and Silva said as much by goading him into striking in the second. 

In the first round, Silva landed some nice leg kicks, but came up short on most of his punches. Everyone overlooking the end of the first? Where Anderson lunged at Weidman with a two-punch combo that missed, only to be hit solidly by a right cross counter at the bell.

Silva stuffed one TD in round 2, and yes, Weidman looked a bit tired to me, but I think Silva was actually getting stunned by some of those shots he was clowning on. Then the fact that he got knocked out while clowning doesn't take anything away from the victory in my eyes. It enhances is. 

Silva uses those moves to draw opponents in and force them to overcommit. When they don't commit, we wind up with Leities, Cote and Maia-level performances. When they do commit, we're left with Vitor, Griffin, Irvin, Franklin, Henderson, Bonnar, and Sonnen-level performances, especially Vitor, Griffin and Bonnar. Weidman just wasn't playing the game with him and when he finally did commit, Anderson simply misjudged Weidman's range, speed and obviously power. 

Themz the rules. Personally, I think Silva fights very differently in a rematch, but I think Weidman takes it again, especially with the added confidence of knowing he just KTFO'd the GOAT.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

WorstPredictionMan
WorstPredictionMan
  • Predictions:  1,156  |  35.6%
  • Forum Posts:  343
  • Post Score: 675

07.07.2013 | 11:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

* Edited at 07.07.2013, 11:14 PM ET *

"There goes WorstPredictionMan, the greatest predictor who ever lived."

deep theory
deep theory

07.07.2013 | 11:16 PM ET

@Brazilian Jits = Hockey? = Canadian?

I'm not making excuses, I watched the fight again this morning. I just see it differently. And I can't believe I'm in such a huge minority.

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.07.2013 | 11:23 PM ET

There's no reason to get that upset when your favorite fighter loses. It's just a fight. And what has Silva done for you personally? Nothing. He doesn't care. We're just fans. Nothing else.

He's my favorite fighter too, but equating that to your parents getting divorced is absurd. I just watched the Spurs (who I've followed for most of my life) throw away an NBA title. You get bummed, then get on with your life because it doesn't really matter.

Get on with your life, pay attention to your family, friends, and things that directly affect your life rather than being bummed about something completely out of your control.
bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

07.07.2013 | 11:23 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Decision  

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

deep theory
deep theory

07.08.2013 | 12:08 AM ET

@amp

I wouldn't say all that mang.

Silva does mean something to me. I've been watching him fight since at least my senior year in high school ('06ish) and he's basically the reason I fight and train. No anderson silva = no martial arts in my life. And I really shouldn't have to explain why or how martial arts has helped me and changed my life.

In a lot of ways I've predicated many of my movements in the gym after Anderson. I know I'm not the only one... and to see someone you basically consider a teacher lose in such a juvenile way...it's world-rocking.

Makes me think if GSP was judging Anderson purely mentally when he said Weidman would win the fight no question. I think I still have a lot to learn about respect, mental aspects of the game, drive, desire, etc. after witnessing that.

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

07.08.2013 | 2:08 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Decision  

As much as I hated his infantile behavior in the octagon against Leites, Griffin, Maia and most recently Weidman, it does seem like only yesterday when I watched him put that savage beating on Leben.

I'd never watched SIlva fight before since I was not a fan of Pride, but I remember thinking....that was the most technically perfect, artistically orchestrated asskicking I've  ever seen.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

07.08.2013 | 2:11 AM ET

LOL. Did not catch this on the telecast:

https://twitter.com/GamblingFury/status/353928521959227393

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.08.2013 | 3:05 AM ET

David Robinson was the reason I picked up a basketball. And that sentiment resonated through Tim Duncan and the rest of the Spurs players when he retired.

No one is perfect. He's a human being with faults too.
ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

07.08.2013 | 3:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I wonder if Anderson will put his hands up next time he defends a combo

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

DelRose
DelRose

07.08.2013 | 3:52 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

No offense to weidman but come on.. Silva gave it to him. I don't even think he'll get past belfort.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

07.08.2013 | 4:00 AM ET

I think Silva didnt give him ****. Weidman took it regardless of what Silva wanted. I remember a lot of people saying the same stuff about Edgar after he beat Penn. If only BJ was motivated, if only Anderson wasn't clowning. It's BS and very disrespectful to Weidman as it was to Edgar.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: Mac Wages Mental Warfare At Muhammad Ali Levels
  • Jits Magazine : Four More ADCC 2024 Invites Given To Grapplers All Around The World
  • Jits Magazine : Excellent Australia vs Brazil Lineup Confirmed For Subversion Origin 2
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Smiley Mac Confounds Fans With Latest Update
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Ricky Turcios no longer upset at Raul Rosas Jr. for last-minute withdrawal: 'I put the past behind me'
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Confident Islam Makhachev Will Be a ‘Very Easy Fight’ for Him After Seeing Him at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. slighted by Ricky Turcios' criticism of his withdrawal, confident he'll 'put him out' at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Jared Cannonier still make a title run or will Nassourdine Imavov end the dream at UFC Louisville?
  • MMA Mania : White Lie: Power Slap ‘Has More Viewers Than Any Taylor Swift Video Ever Posted’
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira: Everybody talks about Magomed Ankalaev's grappling, 'but they don't know my ground'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 poster released featuring champs Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Mania : FIGHT LIFE! Poirier Details Extent Of Multiple Injuries
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Marcos: UFC on ESPN 57 a great opportunity to stop John Castañeda, close in on rankings
  • MMA Junkie : Nassourdine Imavov: Jared Cannonier won't hit me like he did 'punching bag' Marvin Vettori
  • Middle Easy : There is ‘Great Positivity’ That the UFC 303 Headliner Between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Will Move Forward
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC antitrust settlement agreement includes new contract provisions for fighters
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Would Have Been ‘Very Easy Fight’ For Tsarukyan At UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC antitrust settlement agreement submitted to the court for approval
  • UFC.com : BRAD KATONA: ADDRESSING THE BOTTLENECK