Topic: Silva vs. Weidman

Silva vs. Weidman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

02.27.2013 | 10:31 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Weidman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 10

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.05.2013 | 11:52 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

@SoccerKick I said all Anderson Silva haters are fat, I never said only Anderson Silva haters are fat.

So the theory still works out amigo.

"الله أكبرl"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

07.05.2013 | 12:03 PM ET

Seems like a legit argument. . .

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

jimmoser
jimmoser
  • Predictions:  36  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

07.06.2013 | 3:03 AM ET

Weidman will take a note out of Chaels book and try to engage Anderson early to take the initiative. He looks like a sucker for a counter punch though. He will get caught in round 2.
TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

07.06.2013 | 3:09 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Naw, he is gonna take Silva down early in the 1st round, and do some damage to him. 2nd round, he is gonna take him down, do more damage, hurt him, and submit him with a RNC

"3HUNNA"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.06.2013 | 5:15 AM ET

They really seem to like each other...

Or that was just the kiss of death and Andy is gonna kill him via some super hero matrix ****...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,482  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

07.06.2013 | 5:28 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

when the kiss happened the song heat of the moment popped in my head haha

It was the heat of the moment
Telling me what your heart meant 
The heat of the moment shown in your eyes

and silva seems to like to kiss the guys he knows he's gonna lose to

* Edited at 07.06.2013, 5:29 AM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

07.06.2013 | 5:30 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

I will be sure to have some Teddy P playing for this fight

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.06.2013 | 9:35 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@ian729:  No I see the fight going more like the second chael sonnen fight.  Leites was a weird fight because he just sat around pulling guard for the majority.  I'm not gonna fault Silva for not jumping into his guard just to please the crowd and try to finish. I don't put any stock in the first chael fight either because Anderson's rib was messed up.  You could see he wasn't right the whole fight because he was charging and lunging in.  Silva is at his best when he attacks off the counter.  Even in the second sonnen fight he came out too aggressive and over emotional which led to him charging forward and getting taken down. The second round he kept his weight back, stuffed the takedown, and that's that.

Even when guys do get the occasional takedown on Silva,( Hendo, Franklin, Sonnen, Luter), they don't do a damn thing with them because Silva never allows them any clean shots with his head and hip movement off the back).

On a final note: I can only remember one fighter who showed zero fear of Silva in the UFC.  That was Chris Leben......
StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

07.06.2013 | 10:28 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

Man, what an intriguing fight we have here. We've heard all the talk on Weidman, how he's a terrible matchup for Silva (and that can be a gamechanger), we've heard about the injury rumors (which I assume/hope are fake), and we've heard that Weidman hasn't done anything to deserve the praise he's getting. One thing I want to address real quick is that the talk that Weidman hasn't beaten anybody that great is rubbish. Beating Maia on 2 weeks notice (and after dropping 30 lbs in that time), and destroying Munoz is impressive. For those wanting more, keep in mind that the last two guys Silva beat before his title shot against Franklin, he beat Tony Fryklund and Chris Leben, a decent, though also unspectacular duo. Sometimes, it just comes down to the matchup and talent you have. That said, I still take Silva. For such a veteran, he hasn't shown signs of slowing down yet,and his striking is just at another level. Weidman will make this tough, but in the end, I think the Spider will continue his title reign.

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,863  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.06.2013 | 12:32 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

The last time Anderson Silva kissed his opponent before the fight it was "The Joker" Luiz Azeredo. And we know how it ended.

Edit: gunn, INDEED!

* Edited at 07.06.2013, 12:33 PM ET *

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

07.06.2013 | 12:46 PM ET

I think Weidman matches up well against Silva but I doubt I will ever pick against Silva as long as he holds that title.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

07.06.2013 | 1:15 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Rushed........

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,786
  • Post Score: 273

07.06.2013 | 2:20 PM ET

I got two 2nd round KO perfects with Anderson Silva so I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say he KO's Weidman with a flying knee in the 2nd round.

I like Weidman, he is very respectful and quite confident in his abilities but I think this is too big a test for him, and it's really soon. Anderson Silva has been here before, 16 times in the UFC and was victorious in all of those fights, finishing 13 of them via tko or submission. Some of his opponents may not be considered top10 quality or earning of their shot, but he's fought every one they could find to put in front of him. There isn't much going on at 185.

When I saw Anderson Silva destroy Rich Franklin for the first time, it didn't cross my mind that this guy would go on to become one of if not the most dominating Champion in MMA.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

07.06.2013 | 6:17 PM ET

So, so tempted to pick Weidman. I think he can win this fight via takedowns and dominant positional control on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. But I can also easily see Anderson connecting with lethal strikes and Weidman not having the speed and sophistication in his standup game to deal with it. Silva via KO/TKO, but by no means am I confident in it.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Joker313
Joker313
  • Predictions:  34,431  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 215

07.06.2013 | 6:46 PM ET

Weedman will fall into the spiders web.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.06.2013 | 7:01 PM ET

The best case scenario for the UFC's growth is a Chris Weidman win, I mean look at what happened with Chael Sonnen. The man didn't even WIN and he was able to grow into a massive commodity for the company and Chris Weidman could do that too if he either wins, or Chael Sonnen's his way to a loss.

I think Anderson's gonna win it though, Weidman just isn't fast enough in my eyes.

"الله أكبرl"

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476
  • Post Score: 268

07.06.2013 | 7:16 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Weidman is the future of the division, but I don't think a win right now would be beneficial in terms of money. If the UFC is fixed, Silva would win an exciting close fight. Make Weidman make a name for himself in this lost. Then you have Weidman win the eventual rematch after Silva/Belfort II and a potential Silva/GSP or Jones/Silva.
jojoman
jojoman
  • Predictions:  3,045  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 220

07.06.2013 | 8:19 PM ET

leg kicked to death!! nice!

"“he stood a few feet away from an unresponsive Munoz and watched as Weidman tried to resuscitate him with right hooks” -Ben Fowlkes on Josh Rosenthal "

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

07.07.2013 | 12:38 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Decision  

Damn!

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

07.07.2013 | 12:39 AM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   correct Round 2  

Yes.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'
  • MMAFighting.com : One-time WBC title challenger Artur Szpilka has wild walkout at KSW 94, then gets iced in 14 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Confirms Jon Jones Will Face Stipe Miocic Not Alex Pereira, Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Sets New Record In Gate Sales
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Joaquin Buckley after UFC on ESPN 56 win?
  • Bad Left Hook : Grading the Fury vs Usyk PPV undercard
  • MMA Mania : Khabib’s Next Opponent: The Russian Tax Service?
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Askren: If Alex Pereira fights Jon Jones, ‘there’s a chance it’s over in like two and a half minutes’