Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 11

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,081  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

03.05.2013 | 10:21 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

@RamJam420

GSP actually has very solid standup. He looked ******* beastly against Condit and was pretty much outstriking him quite easily (yes, Condit had a nice kick)... but it doesn't matter in this fight. GSP will most likely dominate the **** out of Diaz and after, people will wonder why this fight even happened.

* Edited at 03.05.2013, 10:21 PM ET *

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

DelRose
DelRose

03.05.2013 | 10:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Gsp never had condit in any trouble.

Condit almost finished George with that head kick. He probably would have won if he just stayed on top and continued landing GnP. 

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.05.2013 | 10:28 PM ET

@RamJam420 Being from Montreal has nothing to do with it. Georges St-Pierre has shown excellent striking in every UFC fight he's ever been in. His base is in striking for ****'s sake, GSP is one of the best karatekas on planet Earth.

He resorts to wrestling in all his fights, but his wrestling is used to compliment his striking, not the other way around.

Nick Diaz is a good boxer but he is a ridiculously limited striker with awful footwork. GSP is a better boxer than Nick Diaz, the evidence is in the fights. 

"الله أكبرl"

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

03.05.2013 | 10:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I see GSP beating Nick down until the ref stops it from cuts.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.05.2013 | 10:55 PM ET

@Ram: He out landed Alves in every round by a significant margin, out leg-kicked the best leg kicker in the division, and knocked him down with a right cross ... Anything else regarding GSP you'd like to be disproved on?

GSP also knocked out Jay Hieron in the first round, a solid kickboxer, made BJ look like a fool on the feet in 2009, and out-struck Condit. Other than his KO loss in 2007 and his first fight with BJ, he's never been out-struck.

* Edited at 03.05.2013, 11:04 PM ET *

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.05.2013 | 11:55 PM ET

@Ram  GSP has the best striking in the division, bar NONE.  He will get in Nick's face with his jab and there will be absolutely NOTHING Nick has that will keep GSP off him.  

Nick doesn't kick as often as he should.  His 3/4 power punches in bunches will be so slow that he'll take 3 jabs to every slow hook he delivers.  GSP doesn't win all his fights by his strikes or his ground game.  He wins because he is the best-rounded guy in town.

He has good power in his strikes despite not knocking people out.  He jabs and uses combinations.  And he spices his combos with kicks.  A GSP combination is jab, jab, kick, superman punch, right.  He presses in and doesn't go back.

If you really think GSP will be out-struck by Nick Diaz, Ramjam, you are believing what you want to happen, not what the past evidence indicates.  GSP outstruck Condit, Koscheck, Alves, Penn, Sherk, Parisyan and everyone else.

Also, Nick normally walks his opponent down until the opponent is against the fence, then goes into left/right hooks to the body to wear them down.  Firstly, he will never walk GSP down.  Never.  So, he won't get GSP against any fencing.  It will stay in the center and GSP will BACK NICK UP!  Not the other way around!

I seem to see the fight unfold before my eyes.  Nick is getting shelled by all kinds of incoming, doesn't know what to do, is faltering, and finally has to retreat in confusion.  His eyes are confused, his facial expression is bewildered and he has absolutely no idea what to do next.

Hate to be right all the time.  It's lonely at the top.  

War GSP!  

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 12:01 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.06.2013 | 12:12 AM ET

GSP has the best striking in WW.  Period.  

Why?  Simple.  Simplicity itself, my dear Watson.

GSP incorporates hard kicks, both high and low, into his offensive combinations better than anyone else in WW, and perhaps in MMA.

When other strike, they punch, then they kick.  Most separate their punches and kicks.  But not GSP or MacDonald.  They blend their punches and kicks so seamlessly, that they are just one combination.  

That, my dear friends, is how combinations could and should be done.  Combined and blended into one organic whole.  Not separated to let the opponent parry each in turn.  

Just another of his many areas of his superiority.  

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 12:14 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.06.2013 | 12:19 AM ET

@Bill Stop.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.06.2013 | 12:21 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

@Bill

"Hate to be right all the time.  It's lonely at the top."

******* hilarious

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.06.2013 | 12:24 AM ET

GSP's the best striker in the division...care to tell me the last fight he finished standing?..

Try 2006 vs Matt Hughes...just stop it. Nick Diaz KO'd Paul Daley...You wanna talk about Nick having trouble vs wrestlers and his level of competition...ok, but please don't act for a second like GSP is gonna stand with him. 

Swickotine
Swickotine

03.06.2013 | 12:25 AM ET

@Bill You have GSP by KO in the 1st?...please for the love of God just stop.

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

03.06.2013 | 12:44 AM ET

Swick do you really think Diaz is going to win or is it just wishful thinking? Just curious.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

03.06.2013 | 1:07 AM ET

I can see Diaz knocking out GSP. Unlikely, but not impossible. (See avatar for logic behind statement)
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

03.06.2013 | 1:11 AM ET

GSP is not the best striker in the welterweight divison, however he will outstrike everyone in the welterweight division simply due to the fact that he will always land a solid very powerful takedown in the beginning that will throw off everyones striking, yes, he will do that to Nick Diaz, and Nick will get jabbed after jabbed after jabbed, but Nick is probably one of the toughest people ever and i dont think GSP can discourage Nick with jabs, Nick will constantly move forward with strikes because Nick is quite frankly stubborn as hell, which will make GSP take him down constantly and ground and pound Diaz possibly to a finish, but i see a very dominant ground and pound from GSP to a decision, hope im wrong though, cause i love the diaz brothers and hope one will one day hold a ufc belt.  
I think that in a pure boxing match Nick would destroy GSP, imo 
as well as a few other welterweights, GSP's bread and butter will always be the fact that his wrestling is the best i personally have ever seen and that the threat of his wrestling alone allows his striking to excel on superior strikers 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Cuggy X
Cuggy X
  • Predictions:  1,044  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 157

03.06.2013 | 1:18 AM ET

St. Pierre is just gonna take him down and destroy his face. I haven't really ever seen GSP this angry.

"He wont be able to handul my riddum" - Georges St-Pierre

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

03.06.2013 | 1:21 AM ET

GSP's anger could be a negative. Especially given that a substantial part of Nick's gameplan is to get into his opponent's head.
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

03.06.2013 | 1:24 AM ET

No doubt he is in GSP's head, 
gsp even said he was lol
he has no idea how dark i am inside my head sometimes lol
sounds scary

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

03.06.2013 | 1:35 AM ET

Goerges does well when his opponent is in his head.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

03.06.2013 | 1:41 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Hahaha GSPs dark place is taking a **** in the handicap stall of an empty bathroom.
I don't think mind games will work against him. His fight against Kosheck showed that at least for me. 
I know GSP has good standup, but for me it's not as strong as Nick's. We all know GSP turned a corner for the safe side after his loss to Serra, and even if he has shown good standup against Fitch, Alves, Condit, I think it's generally been a very low risk style of standup. The fight that he took the most risks standing was his last one, and even though he won that fight I don't think Condit was ever hurt as bad as GSP after the kick. Nick's style of standup is the complete opposite, totally fearless no matter what. No matter how many leg kicks he lands or how much blood is in his eye he just keeps coming forward. That might be a difference between Nick and Nate, if you look at how Nate coped with the blurry vision against Bendo and how Nick coped with it against Noons. 
@Bill yeah GSP has outstruck all those opponents but do you really think GSP could do what Nick did against Daley? Of course he wouldn't do that but I say he couldn't. He'd get knocked out if he tried
RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

03.06.2013 | 1:45 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

@ Bill and I agree that Nick probably won't be able to back GSP down, but that's because GSP will shoot for the takedown, if he doesn't he will get outboxed eventually... after Nick walks through all of his strikes

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 1:59 AM ET *

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'