Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,769  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,646
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 13

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.06.2013 | 2:59 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

I always want to win, however ugly.  But I do hate boring wrestlers, like that guy who won TUF tonight, or Colton Smith.  Wrestling exclusively isn't fighting and I hate it.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.06.2013 | 3:04 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Why would I pick my favorite fighter even though he's the underdog?...do I really need to explain.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.06.2013 | 3:06 AM ET

Naw, I understand only too well.  This has actually turned out to be a great sparring session between buddies.  Shows that people who are deeply divided in their opinions and even their philosophies can stay civil and respectful. 

We've proved it can be done!  Who knew?

RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

03.06.2013 | 3:08 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

ya way to make me feel like chopped liver
Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

03.06.2013 | 3:10 AM ET

Agreed, I'm always up to discuss opinions like this...it's when people have no back-up info/reasons or real connection to what they are saying when I feel the need to systematically destroy them via words and wit haha.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

03.06.2013 | 3:11 AM ET

I don't see GSP finishing the fight but I don't see Diaz winning either. Then again GSP actually beat Condit (and I'm not trying to apply MMA math here) I'm just saying that there was no question who won that fight. Yeah Condit had his moments or moment rather, but GSP had just came back after a major injury and surgery and, something like a 19 month layoff has a title fight with one of the best WW in the sport and won. Plus after re-watching Diaz vs.Condit a few times there is no doubt in my mind that the judges made the right call. Diaz just didn't fight a smart fight that night if he had taken the fight to the ground more than once things would have been a lot different.(it may have been more than one takedown but all I'm saying is I think he could have finished the fight from the ground) 

You know the old saying about forgetting history and being doomed to repeat it? GSP fights his best when he is motivated by his opponent. Especially when his opponent gets under his skin. Anybody remember what happened to Koscheck or Penn after they pissed St. Pierre off? 

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.06.2013 | 3:12 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

GSP comes into this fight with more emotion than normal. I see him trying to stand with Nick to prove a point and getting TKO'd.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

03.06.2013 | 3:16 AM ET

Rofl, sorry my opinion is different than the majority of you. Thanks for the down votes **********s.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

03.06.2013 | 3:20 AM ET

using game plans on the Diaz brothers works well. Nick just comes out and fights with no real plan and fight as you go type. If GSP wishes to box with him for 5 rounds it would favor Diaz, but it is not gonna happen. It is obvious there that he logical gameplan is  to shut down Diaz and keep him on his back for majority of the fight. The Diaz brothers bring exciting fights and give a villain type characteristic, but I don't ever see them being UFC champions. GSP is just too well rounded n my mind.

@CthulhuJones I agree on the emotion and that it could get him in trouble, but GSP will be focused though, He's not gonna pull a Cerrone.

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 3:23 AM ET *

darth_nanners
    darth_nanners
    • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
    • Forum Posts:  619
    • Post Score: 170

03.06.2013 | 3:26 AM ET

@CthulhuJones you may very well be right but GSP does very well at channeling all that emotion into some form of focused rage. I can't disagree with what you are saying because Diaz has some weird ass punching power that seems to come out of no where but, I guess if you land as many punches as he normally does your ass is going nighty night!  But I can disagree with your pick. I really can't stand waiting for this fight it is driving me nucking futs. I'll probably have have ******* heart attack watching it or some ****.

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

CthulhuJones
    CthulhuJones

03.06.2013 | 3:29 AM ET

What happens if Diaz pulls the **** he did against Condit and ***** slaps GSP in his face? Given all the things Georges has said leading up to this fight it seems that Diaz is in his head a bit. He's one of the best, smartest, and well prepared fighters on earth, but has he ever fought anyone he truly dislikes this much?
    amp112
    amp112
    • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
    • Forum Posts:  5,588
    • Post Score: 208

03.06.2013 | 3:44 AM ET

One of 2 things will happen. Either GSP will use that as positive motivation and be fight with smart aggression, or he makes a fatal mistake and Diaz capitalizes on it. I'd say both are equally possible. GSP has good self-control, but we've also never seen anyone remotely get into his head like Diaz has.
    DelRose
    DelRose

03.06.2013 | 4:06 AM ET

I think Nick has learned from his mistake. Not every fighter is going to fight his fight. He'll fight with a new gameplane. I'm not worried about GSPs wrestling either. Nick isn't know to be held down in fights, especially with his excellent ground game & BJJ. My honest opinion, and though i have him by TKO (which I'm hoping for) i believe without a doubt he'll pull off a SP maybe Unanimous.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

yossgold
    yossgold
    • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
    • Forum Posts:  14,550
    • Post Score: 295

03.06.2013 | 6:17 AM ET

@DelRose, what has Diaz ever said or done to give you the fainest hint that he'd gameplan or change his style? Nick Diaz doesn't do gameplans and doesn't change his style and his BJJ will most likely be nullified by arguably the best top control in the business.

His constant forward motion means that even if by some chance he is getting the better of the stand up (which I doubt he will, but I can see it happening) he'll just be taken down with ease and dominated.

GSP is basically unsubmittable (the only reason he got armbarred by Hughes was because he went for that weird Kimura from the bottom. That was a long time ago and won't happen again. Ever.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, of course, I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
    yossgold

03.06.2013 | 6:22 AM ET

@CthulhuJones, GSP was also pissed off at BJ Penn and Josh Koscheck ... he may stand to prove a point, but if that point doesn't get proven he'll make no bones about going to what he does best ... he's not the stand-and-bang and see who falls first kind of guy and he doesn't claim to be ...

Saying that GSP will let his emotions get the best of him is completely disregarding everything you know of him and his character ... he's just not that guy ... especially when he's had nearly 2 years to calm down since he got pissed off at Nick Diaz.

I can assure you, he may be saying otherwise to sell the fight, but this fight is pure business to him.

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 8:25 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Anik
    Anik
    • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
    • Forum Posts:  17,508
    • Post Score: 160

03.06.2013 | 8:36 AM ET

oh my ******* GOD you people are boring. 

"While I humbly respect your opinion I believe that I am correct because of these reasons..."
    "I agree with what you should but may I add that..."
    "Excellent point fine gentlemen."

UGH. This is nowhere NEAR as entertaining as the GSP/Condit thread, you guys suck.

And heads up to Bill, don't try to do the ****y thing. The only reason why people like you on this site is because of your humbleness, that welterweight expert **** won't fly.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
    Bill Burgess

03.06.2013 | 9:51 AM ET

Counter heads up back to Anik.  Learn to read.  I said I was using the satirical style to get his attention.  Swick and I sparred as allies and friends.

And since I've never been officially forgiven for a temporary, 48-hour abandonment of Fitch, I assume I'm still on your poo-poo list and we're still not friends or allies.  You just like to beat me up.  But since you said I have nothing to fear from you as long as I'm right, by definition, I always think I'm right.

You scold that people are boring, but when I'm not, you scold me?  Make up your mind.

And who said I'm humble?  If you're ever read my GSP posts, it should be plain that when I write about HIM, I believe I am divine.  I can actually see him fighting in my mind as I write.  It's when I go outside my limited area of expertise that my blindness shows.  Which is why I so seldom post outside of GSP.

I've tried to avoid incurring your mighty wrath, immortal, but scolding me as an ally is different than scolding me like itdoesn'tfigure.  

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 10:20 AM ET *

yossgold
    yossgold

03.06.2013 | 10:31 AM ET

mind=blown, what have I just read?

Bill Burgess
    Bill Burgess

03.06.2013 | 11:08 AM ET

The finer points of 'Striking'.

Some people seem to limit one's striking to how many finishes one has.  Others refer to how many KOs one has on their resumes.  That is too limited a definition for an old-timer.

Let me draw a baseball comparison, if I may.  I think it is apt.

MMA striking is very similar to baseball hitting.  

KO - Home Run

But hitting is so much more than just home-run hitting.  It is also single, doubles, triples AND homrers.  

In the same way, striking is so much more than finishes or KOs.  It is kicking, jabbing, rights and lefts, back-spinning fists, back-spinning kicks, knees, hammer fists, and so much more.

The best strikers are the most effective strikers.  Those who use their strikes to the best purpose.  

Striking is wider and broader than some people think.

Just like htting is wider and broader than just power hitting.  

The purpose of striking in MMA is to win the fight, and all strikes to that purpose should be included.

The purpose of hitting in baseball is to get hits, runs and win the game.

Let's not limit ourselves unnecessarily here.

wolfmanhowl
    wolfmanhowl

03.06.2013 | 11:13 AM ET

i just hope that diaz beats the zhit out of george and breaks his jaw in two places so i see the x-ray of it. peace

@bill keep writing your posts. i up arrowed everything and even though your a gsp fan i still think your posts are the best.

* Edited at 03.06.2013, 11:15 AM ET *

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia responds to positive 'B' sample with social media outburst: 'I F*CKING LOVE STEROIDS'
    • MMA Mania : Hill Gets New Opponent For UFC 303
    • MMA Junkie : With Khalil Rountree out, Carlos Ulberg steps in to face Jamahal Hill at UFC 303
    • MMA Mania : Updated! UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
    • MMAFighting.com : Ben Askren confused what Chael Sonnen is doing against Anderson Silva: ‘I don’t know why you’re boxing’
    • MMA Junkie : Bassil Hafez eager to 'beat the sh*t out of' Mickey Gall at UFC 302, show he's better than debut loss
    • Middle Easy : PFL Founder Donn Davis Disses Kayla Harrison’s Move to the UFC, Dubs Her a ‘Follower Who Needs Validation’
    • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia’s legal team responds to positive B-sample results for Devin Haney fight
    • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia’s B-sample also positive, legal team releases statement
    • MMA Junkie : Miranda Maverick: 'Pretty girl on Instagram' Tracy Cortez doesn't deserve UFC ranking
    • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Kayla Harrison, Comedian Che Durena
    • Middle Easy : Paddy Pimblett is Not Thrilled About Fighting ‘Sh*t Human Being’ Bobby Green at UFC 304 in Manchester
    • MMA Mania : Garcia Returns Positive ‘B Sample,’ Goes Nuts On Twitter
    • MMAFighting.com : BTL: McGregor speaks, Usyk beats Fury, UFC Vegas 92 and Bellator Paris, UFC star building
    • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
    • MMA Junkie : Paddy Pimblett accuses 'proper sh*t human being' Bobby Green of lying after UFC 304 booking
    • Bad Left Hook : Garcia’s B-sample also positive for ostarine
    • MMAFighting.com : Report: Ryan Garcia B-sample tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight; Garcia responds
    • Middle Easy : 20 Million People Illegally Streamed Oleksandr Usyk vs. Tyson Fury, Costing Broadcasters More Than $100 Million in Lost Revenue
    • MMAFighting.com : Belal Muhammad calls Leon Edwards ‘weak’ mentally, ‘easily broken’