Tapology Forums

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CHANCE TO BEAT MR.BONES!! ANY FIGHTER POUND FOR POUND

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

teaksmma
teaksmma
  • Predictions:  76  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  71
  • Post Score: 130

02.07.2012 | 7:23 PM ET

With Rashad having his chance against Johnny BONES finally on the way would this be the ending to the "BONES ERA" ??

With so many fighters looking as exciting from other weight classes is there anyone really out there to dismantle

the LHW champs crown?

-Any weight class 

-Any orginisation

"Tap ill snap!!" - Rousimar Palhares

Responses

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

02.07.2012 | 7:27 PM ET

I really thought it was Machida or no-one tbh. I give Evans a chance and Hendo a smaller chance, but I really dont see anyone else being able to take it from Jones. (Good job btw, this'll take the heat from Condit/diaz)

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

02.07.2012 | 7:34 PM ET

Gustafsson has great stand up,good BJJ and is training with one of the best wrestlers at LHW.He is also very tall and is built alot like Bones! 

He may not be able to beat Jones in the future but I expect big things from him and I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Jon one hell of a fight if/when he does fight for the title at some stage

* Edited at 02.07.2012, 7:35 PM ET *

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

teaksmma
teaksmma

02.07.2012 | 7:36 PM ET

i think if you keep him on his back alla:SilvaVsSonnen fighters might have a chance other from that his gameplans

are too strong he uses his strengths extremely well maybe a fighter similar G.S.P prime???

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

02.07.2012 | 7:47 PM ET

I think Rashad definatly has a chance to beat Jones, other than that i dont think really anyone at 205 has a chance, There are some HW that i think can beat him, Cain, JDS, and maybe Overeem, and if it were a few years ago I would say Anderson would have a chance

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

02.07.2012 | 7:59 PM ET

I don't think Rashad's gameplan will be good enough to beat Jones.

The only person I'd say has a chance is Hendo, because I'd never count him out.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

teaksmma
teaksmma

02.07.2012 | 8:02 PM ET

That right hand would dismantle a tank

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.07.2012 | 8:03 PM ET

who is going to keep him on his back teaks? Unlike Anderson Silva, Jon Jones is usually the aggresor with grappling, using takedowns of his own. I don't think he will let Rashad get in his head either, but i sure as hell want to see

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

teaksmma
teaksmma

02.07.2012 | 8:07 PM ET

Dont know?? If Hendo gets him down might be interesting

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

02.07.2012 | 8:07 PM ET

any fighter P4P?: Cain, JDS, Barnett, Cormier

LHW: Machida (rematch), Gustaffson (not yet), Shogun (rematch)

You have to consider that when Jones started beating top LHWs he was pretty much unknown, but as he has continued to fight, I believe his fights have been more competitive and less one-sided (Rampage, Machida) this is in part because his opponents have started to figure him out.

I don't think Hendo could beat him with other than a puncher's chance, and I also dont think Rashad is the man for the job but I do give him a fair chance. I truly believe that if he rematched Machida later this year he could take the gold away from JJ.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

02.07.2012 | 8:19 PM ET

P4P: JDS would destroy jones along with cain and a few other heavyweights. (Big Nog, Mir). IN my opinion.

Anderson Silva could do it but it will never take place
but realistically the best person to beat jones is going to be 1) Rashad 2) Machida 
3,4) Hendo/Shogun 4,5) Gustaffson and possibly Chael Sonnen if he ever decides what he is going to do 
:D
I just want Rashad to completely destroy Jones and embarrass him to show everyone he has a very long way to go before he is the caliber fighter that Anderson and GSP are. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

02.07.2012 | 10:00 PM ET

I don't think anybody at LHW is going to beat Jones unless we see another entrant into the division with the same physical gifts as Jones, but with the technique to back it up. Henderson has a puncher's chance, but I find it highly unlikely that he's fast enough to land it. If Jones were to move to HW, then anybody in the top ten would beat him. The shots he's taken at LHW have been enough to make him worried, and a HW's would flat take him out. 

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.07.2012 | 10:04 PM ET

At LHW? Lyoto and Rashad have the best chance.

Hendo also has that nuclear bomb that could KO Bones at any time in the fight.

The reason why Bones is so good is because he's so massive. That advantage gets chucked out the window once he goes to HW.

"الله أكبرl"

teaksmma
teaksmma

02.07.2012 | 10:06 PM ET

does anyone think sonnen could get close to beating jones?

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

02.07.2012 | 10:09 PM ET

@teaks I really don't think Sonnen would stand half a chance. His wrestling is his only weapon in that fight, and Jones is the better wrestler (even if it is only because of his size).

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.07.2012 | 10:09 PM ET

Top 3 in each weight class that "Could" have a shot.

Heavy: Cain Valasquez, JDS, Big Nog

Light Heavy: Hendo, Shogun "healthy", Lyoto (difficulty exposed some holes in his games)

Middle: ANDERSON SILVA, Vitor Belfort, Mark Moñoz

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

02.07.2012 | 10:12 PM ET

@hd Replace Munoz with Weidman and I agree with your MW's. 

Weidman would stand a great chance against Jones imo,He's tall,strong,has amazing wrestling to get Bones to the ground and has legit BJJ to keep him there!

* Edited at 02.07.2012, 10:14 PM ET *

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

teaksmma
teaksmma

02.07.2012 | 10:15 PM ET

ye sonnens chance after the bisping fight droped for me as a top 5 p4p contender he looked far from it or bisping just fought well but if the jones call out from sonnen would have been serious which i doubt it would have been MMA suicide for sonnen

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.07.2012 | 10:16 PM ET

I haven't seen Weidman fight at 205, but Mark does has his wrestling and i think if donkey konging has its ways it could help him.

@jaffa
who do you have?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

02.07.2012 | 10:16 PM ET

The reason why Bones is so good is because he's so massive. That advantage gets chucked out the window once he goes to HW.

And then what will be the next reason/excuse after he's smashing heavyweights?

"I live, I die, I live again."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

02.07.2012 | 10:18 PM ET

if he smashes heavyweights!!!!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Ilia Topuria Saying ‘No’ To Alexander Volkanovski And Other Top Contenders Is ‘Weird’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Paul Felder replaces Joe Rogan to join Daniel Cormier, Jon Anik in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Tom Aspinall agrees with unhappy U.K. fans about UFC 304 start time: ‘I think it is absolutely terrible’
  • MMA Mania : Welcome To The Top 5
  • MMA Junkie : Jimmy Smith slams Ronda Rousey for saying Joe Rogan, media turned on her: 'Don't give me this victim sh*t'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant reveals she signed multi-fight deal with Misfits Boxing, but BKFC ‘will definitely see me again’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Canelo vs Munguia preview, Paul vs Tyson rules, more
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner David Onama apologizes for weight miss: 'My body gave up on me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jimmy Smith goes off on Ronda Rousey: ‘She gets all the credit, none of the blame’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Been Fighting Old Slow Dopes’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Padilla 'lost hope many times' on long journey to UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Pans Manchester PPV Start Time: ‘It’s Terrible’
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Announces Brand New 3 Million Dollar BJJ Tournament
  • UFC.com : UFC Welcomes Anker As Its Official Charging Partner In The Middle East And Africa
  • Jits Magazine : Mo Jassim Announces Women’s Absolute Division For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest