Topic: Forrest Griffin

Amazing and yet unforgotten

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.07.2011 | 10:19 AM ET

So after watching ufc 126 on the weekend I must say, Forrest vs. Rich was an amazing fight that no one really gushed about but was seriously a fight of the night if they had fought in any other fight card. This was so amazing with such a good grappling match there was like 3 different reversals in the third alone. Forrest has definetly earned his spot as a fan favourite as Rich has as well. And really humble to boot, i mean all he said after he had a unanimous decision was that he was rusty, rusty. Good man and i'm definetly proud to be a forrest fan

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Forrest Griffin

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Forrest Griffin
  • Pro MMA Record: 19-7-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: July 07, 2012 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 204.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Xtreme Couture
  • Height: 6'3" (191cm) | Reach: 77.0" (196cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,288,000 USD
  • Born: Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • Fighting out of: Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.09.2011 | 5:18 PM ET

I see both your points about this and RWLawman has a good point that a fight first and then them meeting up would be the best thing, however what we are missing is that this is a business as well and I think Dana may go with my idea becuase although not deserving they would sell tickets and be the bigger draw. However, I agree with RWLawman and how about if Kenny fought Chris Horodeski or the loser of Aldo/Hominick and Tyson fight Gamburyan or vice versa? Now the other thing, this is very hypothetical and we are only speculating on if they both cut down to 145 of course

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

02.09.2011 | 5:22 PM ET

What Johnson vs. Yamamoto was way better in my eyes.

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.09.2011 | 7:08 PM ET

I was impressed with Mendes, but not sure I saw anything from him that said he is the fighter to dethrone Aldo.

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.10.2011 | 3:57 AM ET

Absolutely not, Mendes won't beat Aldo - i think Hominick has a better chance of doing that - but he is worthy of his shot being i can't think of anyone else to fight Aldo when he beats Hominick.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.10.2011 | 7:10 AM ET

@lilspyder they both confirmed they are moving to 145 so i think it will happen.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

caymanfighter
caymanfighter
  • Predictions:  43  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 80

02.10.2011 | 7:34 AM ET

awesome thread! I am dreaming of all the match-ups mentioned, except for Mike Brown. He needs to take time off and rest and get a nice comeback fight to boost his confidence, would hate to see him cut. If Cerrone joins the featherweight crew like he has been hinting at I would love to see him and Mendes for a # 1 contender. I don't think Mendes is quite ready for the skill set Aldo posses. Hominick is the biggest threat for Aldo right now. I also don't see Mendes being ready for Hominick right now either. Mendes is undoubtedly a great talent but there is no need to rush him into a title fight, if he loses now he could end up in the same situation as Fitch and Okami, the guy to beat to get a title shot. On to Kenny Florian. @lilspyder the cut to 145 isn't too outlandish. I recently did a seminar with him. As you know I fight at 165 (because the lightweight pool here is thin). I have already made  practice cuts to 155 and they went smooth. At the seminar Kenny said he was walking around 170+. I was surprised to see how much bigger I was than him. He looks so much bigger on TV. He shouldn't have a problem making the cut if he does it over a reasonable period of time. Kenny is coming off a loss and should have to fight once at FW before title shot. I would like to see him against Nam Phan because of the similarities in style but Nam still has a few fights before he reaches contender status. I was happy with the Griffen vs Franklin fight. Was surprised it wasn't a bit more bloody. I was hoping that Jones would be facing Griffen but thats definitely not happening. Now with the Thiago Silva controversy brewing (might be dropped from Rampage fight) there is a mad dash to sort out the 205 division all of a sudden. Rampage vs Evans 2 might be on the way but a Griffen rematch with either would do just as fine. Hopefully they sort everything out soon. Speaking of 205ers can Phil Davis get some love? He should be fighting a top 10 opponent next, any suggestions?

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

02.10.2011 | 8:19 AM ET

@caymanfighter on wiki (I no unreliable) it says Thiago Vs Rampage is still on ... In fact all 3 of them denied claims rashad stepping in was the case or even that thiago is injured...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

02.10.2011 | 8:23 AM ET

Nevermind this ^ i hadnt refreshed the page it got my hopes all up!! :(

caymanfighter
caymanfighter

02.10.2011 | 8:35 AM ET

its not an injury and yeah never use wiki for upcoming fights lol. There is a on going investigation into the sample he submitted for drug testing for his fight against Vera. http://mmaweekly.com/thiago-silvas-ufc-125-drug-test-being-scrutinized-others-clear. The UFC cant afford advertising another match like Anderson vs Chael 2 and later finding out one of the fighters is suspended for doping. They will take him off the card before they risk losing the fight altogether. Reshad has also stated he wants to fight Rampage.  http://mmaweekly.com/rashad-evans-steps-in-to-face-quinton-rampage-jackson-at-ufc-130.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

02.10.2011 | 8:41 AM ET

If thiago was on drugs i will freak the ******* bean. I hope all is well and he can still fight rampage. at least Thiago is not injured. PLEASE PLEASE GOD LET THIS FIGHT GO AHEAD. It will be so much more entertaining.

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,496  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

02.10.2011 | 9:08 AM ET

Mendes vs Poirer and Omigawa vs. Mike Brown sounds amazing somebody twitter Dana stat
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.10.2011 | 9:21 AM ET

Sounds like 1 of 2 tests came back positive for Thiago, but he's denying anything and has already offered to do a blood test.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

02.10.2011 | 9:28 AM ET

oh please thiago be telling the truth **** my life if hes not.

caymanfighter
caymanfighter

02.10.2011 | 9:41 AM ET

I admire Thiago and hopefully he is telling the truth. We all know he has had various injuries lately so maybe what showed up maybe something that was prescribed that he didn't declare or something that lingered in his system while testing. Either way it would be a shame to see another good fighter fall to doping. It would suck for Vera as well if Silva was doping. Seeing as how he now has no job thanks to a fighter that might have been on PEDs. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.10.2011 | 10:03 AM ET

@caymanfighter I totally agree about Phil Davis he is the quietest prospect out there (thanks to bones) he's scheduled to fight Matt Hamill @ 129, If he dominates that fight he should be Top 8-10 and even though they don't pair guys coming off losses with guys coming off wins very often I'd like to see him against Franklin. Would love to see him against Bader as well, but I don't see the UFC giving Bader a fight he could lose next as they'll want to keep him just outside contendership status.  

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.10.2011 | 2:30 PM ET

I wasn't a big fan of the Griffin/Franklin fight, I guess I was expecting too much, but neither of them really went for it, i think they both should have tried harder for the finish, especially Franklin, who was behind on the scorecards going into the third.
As far as this Featherweight stuff goes, Omigawa vs Brown or Grispi would be great! I'd pick Omigawa in both of those fights. I'd like to see Florian and Griffin tested by top guys in the division, rather than getting immediate title shots just because they were in the UFC before the merger (I'm sure that will happen as theyre both coming off losses. Florian vs Griffin at FW would definitely be a great fight, I'd pick KenFlo. 

"We Are All One"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.10.2011 | 2:36 PM ET

I really enjoyed Griffin vs. Franklin if for no other reason than my upset Griffin Decision pick got me my first full card perfect pick on a major UFC event. I thought he looked the best he has since his title run back in 2007-08 and I honestly would pick him right now against many of the top men in the division, including Rampage and possibly Evans, though I'm not sure about that one.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.10.2011 | 2:40 PM ET

I actually agree with minotauro11.  Griffin vs Franklin was a good, entertaining fight, but I had really high hopes for it and was a tiny bit disappointed.  There were just no points in the fight that I can think of where I really got excited anticipating a finish.  Was one of those fights where I was able to just sink back into the couch and enjoy it.  Not one of those "edge of your seat" fights like the Silva/Belfort fight was, for me anyway.  Overall Griffin/Franklin was a good fight, just not FotN.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.10.2011 | 2:43 PM ET

@LynxGuy, well said.

"We Are All One"

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.10.2011 | 3:49 PM ET

For @thiagosilva finger's crossed man! I mean you only have him as part of your screen name and I love thiago as well and pray that he does not test  positive, especially because it did cost Vera his job. Now the thing about Florian I was mentioning @Caymanfighter is that he seems almost really really skinny already at 155 not in the i cut a lot of weight to make 155 but in the sense of it looks like he's pretty malnourished in his fights. Though in his last couple of fights he looks more comfortable. I just think that he's definetely gonna have to do a trial cut, which I guess will happen anyways. Besides this looking over all the fights at 126 I will have to retract my statement of this fight having a chance to be a FotN in ANOTHER event. It wouldn't be even if it was the main event in another event. Lynxguy you put it best by saying it wasn't an edge-of-your-seat type of fight but it was a good fight none the less. Finally I really do hope that Thiago vs Rampage goes through because that has tonnes of potential!

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Preview: 26 Random Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with title fight headliner, Jose Aldo's return, more
  • MMA Mania : The King Of Rio Returns ... But Why?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jones’ callout for ‘massive’ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White to roast Tom Brady in upcoming live Netflix special
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now