Topic: Rose Namajunas

Thug Rose

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.10.2022 | 5:48 PM ET

Everyone wants to say how bad Namajunas vs. Esparza II was. But let us also remember that Rose's other 15 fights were amazing.
"Thug" Rose Namajunas

Fighter Details

• Name: Rose Namajunas
  • Pro MMA Record: 12-6-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Thug
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: March 23, 2024 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Flyweight | Last Weigh-In: 125.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 5'5" (165cm) | Reach: 65.0" (165cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $511,000 USD
  • Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • Fighting out of: Arvada, Colorado
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

05.10.2022 | 6:45 PM ET

it's okay to criticize someone for doing a ****** job

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.10.2022 | 7:07 PM ET

It’s okay to support someone when they lose. 
Areisius
Areisius
  • Predictions:  4,200  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  230
  • Post Score: 67

05.10.2022 | 7:11 PM ET

Nah

She fought a coward's fight. Ain't no respect in that.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.10.2022 | 8:35 PM ET

After all the battles she has overcome in the octagon, I wouldn’t call her a coward or disrespect her. She lost her last fight, but that doesn’t erase everything else she has done. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.10.2022 | 8:38 PM ET

She is still a beast and if she fights again it most certainly will be a banger! Esparza and Namajunas just made for a bad match up. To bad it was in a championship fight with all the eyeballs on it.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

05.10.2022 | 11:37 PM ET

and a lot of people had to pay $80 to watch two good fights that lasted barely two rounds. Rose and Carla spent months training for this and all they did inside 25 minutes was mostly throw feints at the ******* air. Fight was **** and on that given night they were both terrible fighters, neither showed they wanted to be champ, they just showed they can keep a good distance between their aggressor. These people sign up to be locked inside a cage for a reason then spend 25 minutes running around going "BUT LOOK AT MY DEFENSE" it's some of the stupidest **** I've ever seen. either they don't understand the rules they're fighting under (we only score aggression and damage, never "defense") or their coaching staff should all be fired for not properly preparing their fighter for a cage fight. they're not gladiators, but **** they're also not being paid to have a glorified sparring session. fighters who perform like this usually get "punished" by being put lower on the card, but with the "status" these two now carry, they'll continue to get put on top of cards, and if they don't get told that no one wants to watch a fight like their last one, then well eventually they'll get the point across when no one will want to spend money to go watch their cards. one bad fight like this one doesn't ruin their legacies or something, but it also doesn't help that they both came out complaining about how they fought great and everyone else shouldn't be criticizing them. With that kind of mindset it tells me we're about to see even more boring ass sparring sessions from them both.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.11.2022 | 7:09 AM ET

I was trying to start a positive thread about Thug Rose. There are plenty of other places to go **** on her.
KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,224  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

05.11.2022 | 7:19 AM ET

Yeah, let’s keep things positive. At least we don’t have to see Rose in a 5 rounder anytime soon.

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.11.2022 | 7:58 AM ET

I remember buying my first PPV with my own money. Arturo Gatti vs. Floyd Mayweather. Sadly the entertainment didn’t live up to the cost. But that’s the great thing about the UFC. You don’t pay for the PPV for one fight, even though one fight on the card always lives up to the cost. Luckily UFC 274 paid for itself with the main event and the featured fight. 

As for Rose, her very impressive past performance (for example versus Zhang Weili and JJ ) allow me to give a pass for one bad performance. I would also very much like a rematch so that Rose and Carla could redeem themselves. I think they have given enough to the division and the company where they deserve a shot to put on a better fight if they wish. 
KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,224  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

05.11.2022 | 9:36 AM ET

I hope they don’t do the rematch, Carla fighting the winner of Zhang vs Joanna is ideal. Rose can fight Dern or Rodriguez.

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

05.11.2022 | 11:28 AM ET

Pat Barry is a groomer

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

05.11.2022 | 12:49 PM ET

Least fitting nick name in women's MMA EVER. She is like a toddler who has to be watched over by Pat Berry and kept safe from the world and bad critics. You fought the wrong fight, own up to it and say you fought wrong, the amount of snoozers we've seen and we lampoon these guys, but poor little Rose.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

05.11.2022 | 12:52 PM ET

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.12.2022 | 9:11 AM ET

@flying_frontkick I get your opinion, however I do not share it. This is not because Namajunas is a women or do I consider her "poor little Rose". I enjoyed both Woodley/Thompson fights, I don't think Anderson Silva vs. Damian Maia is not as bad as remembered. I respect all fighters and don't lose respect because of one bad fight. (Or even a few bad fights.) 

Rose Namajunas being my favorite women fighter, I just wanted to remind everyone she has had great fights before and was a well deserved champ. I haven't heard much of her press conference or anything from Pat Barry yet. But I'm hoping Rose Namajunas recovers from this defeat like Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva returned and had two of his most memorable performances immediately following his fight with Maia. 

Woodley returned with a dominant (if not also boring) victory over Maia, and had one of his best performances versus Darren Till.

I'm just hoping Rose Namajunas comes back strong.

* Edited at 05.12.2022, 9:12 AM ET *

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.12.2022 | 9:35 AM ET

Pat Barry & Trevor Whittman

Also I rarely think of these two. As a fan of Rose Namajunas I couldn't care less about who her training partners are, who her spouse is or who her coach is. I do understand its part of the story, but again I was trying to be positive about Rose Namajunas and I give little credit for her success to these two people. Just like all coaches, in my opinion, their job is to teach and bring out the best from their fighters. But don't deserve as much credit in the wins or losses.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition