Tapology Forums

WHISKY TASTING NOTES

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.13.2022 | 3:23 AM ET

Tasting Notes:  PROPER NO. TWELVE IRISH WHISKEY  It should be noted first that as a moor-dweller, the Moorlady has a decided prejudice in favor of all tipples most peaty.  Mr. McGregor's offering escapes the frequent pitfall of blended Irish whiskies that is sweetness.  He is to be heartily applauded for it, and all bourbons should be put on notice that sweetness is not a quality which will be met with kindly in the Moorlady's tasting rooms.  It is further noted that Mr. McGregor's whiskey is entirely unaged, and perhaps invites the tongue to taste Ireland as it is now, not through intervention of oak or sherry barrel, foreign modifications, true, but distilled naked, and blended naked, like an orgy of confident, beautiful young people, with stories of journeys and oceans and mountains and barks to tell.  One wonders how, without adulterating substance, it manages to make it smooth and fire-dead into the barrel.  Giant's spit?  Ogre's piss?  Irish spring water?  For how can something so tame be worthy of its Gaelic definition, "the water of life," without the quickening of fire.  This is whiskey for old men, and for boys who don't know that it was meant to make them fire-breathing dragons, and not simply old men of lesser wrinkles.  In pandering to the least common denominator with his product, Mr. McGregor, has neutered the essential spirit of the island.

Responses Page 4

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,464  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,335
  • Post Score: 285

03.21.2022 | 10:37 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

The downside is that I've got to be careful when I'm at a function where there's a lot of alcohol and time, especially if I want to last the whole way through without forcefully being bundled into an Uber while protesting I can hang on for the next round of drinks. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.21.2022 | 11:46 PM ET

I forgot to tell you I had a vet out recently who was from Croydon BTW.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.21.2022 | 11:53 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling

We're certainly a classy bunch aren't we!

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.21.2022 | 11:56 PM ET

Well, I'd called a doctor for a home visit so y'know....

He was a pretty good dude. I asked him if he was planning a visit back to the UK and he said not if he could help it haha!
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.22.2022 | 12:00 AM ET

@Baldric Eggling

I can't really imagine myself living outside the UK tbh. I've been abroad but I've never been to a country that made me think that I'd want to move there one day. 

* Edited at 03.22.2022, 12:00 AM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.22.2022 | 12:02 AM ET

I could definitely live elsewhere. I have been seriously contemplating it for a while now. It would be a huge life change and an incredible palaver, though.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.22.2022 | 12:10 AM ET

@Baldric Eggling

I'd have thought that Australia would be big enough that you could move from one state to another and have practically a different culture like in America for instance. I know a couple of people who moved to the US. One went to Florida and the other went to Nebraska and their experiences are wildly different whenever I text them. I'd have assumed that Australia would be kinda similar as even in the UK, the culture can vary massively. What's normal in London isn't normal in Somerset and Liverpool basically just do their own thing tbh.

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:12 AM ET

Why Florida, fellows, why?!  For laughs?!
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:13 AM ET

Oh, the weather, probably.  
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.22.2022 | 12:13 AM ET

Nah, Australia is absolutely nowhere near as culturally diverse as America. Not even close.

We're all pretty much the same state-to-state.

Apart from Tasmanians who are ******* weirdos.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.22.2022 | 12:16 AM ET

I'd probably move to Florida or Texas if I had to move to a US state. I'd never live in a blue hellscape like Chicago or CA (No offence Moorelady, but lightfoot is pure cancer).

Actually that's not strictly true. I love NY and New Yorkers. I think they get unfairly represented as being rude *******s. I don't think that's it, they're just living at hyperspeeds.
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:17 AM ET

Austin, TX seems cool.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.22.2022 | 12:17 AM ET

@Moorlady

The one who went to Florida was one of my old managers who retired and is treating it as a retirement home and the one who went to Nebraska was an old school friend who went to join some of their family who were already over there.

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:18 AM ET

The US is a sea of red, with lots of blue islands in it.  Illinois is mostly red, as is most of the middle.  I do live in a large, blue island, though, it's true.
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:18 AM ET

@Steve Those are good enough reasons.  I found a fellow from Barkshire here in Chicago... working on a novel?
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.22.2022 | 12:21 AM ET

**** Austin. That's the Portland of Texas.

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:21 AM ET

I recommend Sperling's Cities:  Ranked and Rated, if you're shopping for places in the US and/or Canada:  weather stats, political stats.  It's all covered. 
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:22 AM ET

Why don't we just all switch places?
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:23 AM ET

Oh my god!  Are you trolling right now, or do you honestly want to land somewhere with ****** music and ****** government?!
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.22.2022 | 12:25 AM ET

Goddamit.  I'm keeping Chicago.  Chicago or London.  I'm not giving up one of the best five symphonies in the world.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 bonuses: The Force is $50,000 strong with Mauricio Ruffy
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title
  • MMA Mania : Resurgent Aldo Teases Second Run At UFC Title
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Canelo carried him’: Pros react to Canelo Alvarez humbling undefeated Jaime Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja fends off valiant challenge from Steve Erceg to retain title in UFC 301 main event
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Outsmarts Steve Erceg To Razor-Close Decision, Retains Title – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘I just didn’t see it’: Pros score Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Alexandre Pantoja's title defense over Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC 301 Post-Fight Presser Here
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Canelo carried him the whole fight’: Bud Crawford and more pros react to Canelo vs Munguia
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Canelo Hands Munguia First Career Knockdown