Tapology Forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

02.24.2022 | 1:13 AM ET

I'll post what's happening as it comes through for purposes of posterity. Doubt the veracity of what is posted here. Having lived through the Iraq war, I am sure that the vast majority of what gets reported will turn out to be either misinformation or outright ********. Posting because a lot of non-Australia members will be asleep, now. I'll report as much as I can.

So far the g****vine is:

Russia has indeed embarked on a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Air attacks, and ground forces. There has been at least one missile strike, there have been front-line Ukranian casualities ( have seen video, cannot post it here, too graphic).

Footage of an airstrike hitting Lutsk:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/1496721271907889155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1496721271907889155%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Fnew

Belarus has thrown in with Russia/is issuing support.
Reports of Ukrainian air defence having shot down multiple Russian planes, either drones or fighters. 

Some other info:

* Edited at 02.24.2022, 1:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 21

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,965  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,392
  • Post Score: 286

03.07.2022 | 6:13 PM ET

I hate getting political so and I know that Tapology shouldn't really be used for politics so I'll keep this fairly tame but I just want to say that I think our current government is absolutely disgusting in their attitudes to this conflict and that's besides all the other sleaze scandals and secret lockdown parties that have been going on. I'd be extremely unlikely to vote for the Tories under normal circumstances but if a general election were called right now, I'd vote for pretty much any other party instead. 

* Edited at 03.07.2022, 6:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.07.2022 | 6:53 PM ET

You can get pretty good updates on battle outcomes here. Pro-Russian source, but the footage is real.

https://t.me/s/intelslava
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.07.2022 | 7:00 PM ET

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.07.2022 | 8:39 PM ET

@Hadrian They wouldn't learn about it in the US, anyway.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.07.2022 | 9:59 PM ET

@Stephen Australia has agreed to take Ukranian refugees at least.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.07.2022 | 10:10 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.07.2022 | 10:18 PM ET

Reddit has quarantined the Russia subreddit because there's...y'know, Russians using it.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.07.2022 | 10:29 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.08.2022 | 7:12 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.08.2022 | 7:15 AM ET

Yeah there is a major housing crisis and explosion of rent prices here so to the 20 to 80 000 plus Ukrainians mostly women kids and elderly? - We bring in will only add to that but Ukrainians are cool! And good to have some new blood in the gene pool

* Edited at 03.08.2022, 7:15 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.08.2022 | 9:49 AM ET

@Baldric Sure, but are there photos?
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.08.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.08.2022 | 3:30 PM ET

Yeah, U.S. citizens will probably be fleeing as refugees soon....
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.08.2022 | 3:31 PM ET

This actually points up the education issue at the same time.  Good illustration.  
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.08.2022 | 3:33 PM ET

It's probably time to draft the uneducated poor again.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.08.2022 | 3:42 PM ET

It will probably get to the point where a huge portion of society will be working to earn enough to buy the food and fuel for transport to get the energy and fuel to go to work again in an infinite loop.

But hey, at least there's no more mean tweets.
Moorlady
Moorlady

03.08.2022 | 3:53 PM ET

Well, I live in walking distance of work.  Eat the homeless or fish in the lake?
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.08.2022 | 4:05 PM ET

Depending on what City you live in it might be healthier to eat the homeless.

So the Biden regime is no longer going to be buying Russian oil. This will seriously drive up the cost of not only gas but everything. Hard. Because domestic energy production isn't going to be ramped up concomitantly. One of the first things the regime did was shut down the Keystone pipeline, which was a dubious play then and something that now looks in retrospect absolutely insane. I don't think this will especially hurt Russia anyway, because China will continue to buy RU oil.

As usual, it's the average working people who get ******. In Russia, the US and Ukraine.

* Edited at 03.08.2022, 4:13 PM ET *

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.08.2022 | 4:12 PM ET

****. It will help Trump get re-elected.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

03.08.2022 | 4:14 PM ET

They'll never let Trump get reelected. That was a glitch in the Matrix.

Page 21

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler Dublin press conference postponed
  • MMA Mania : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Press Conference Postponed!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC postpones Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler press conference in Dublin
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Slags Arthur Guinness As Stout War Turns Hot
  • MMA Mania : Costa Done With Points: ‘I Will Take Heads Off’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC full fight video: Watch Conor McGregor's history-making KO of Eddie Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Jailton Almeida explains UFC Paris callout, predicts finish of Ciryl Gane
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 post-event facts: Islam Makhachev joins exclusive club with 14-fight winning streak
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Better or worse? UFC 302 winners grade the new UFC gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Holland breaks down armbar finish of Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Jailton Almeida wants UFC main event fight vs. Ciryl Gane in Paris: 'I can see myself finishing him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch epic promo for UFC 303: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler
  • Jits Magazine : Tainan Dalpra Diqualified From IBJJF World Championship 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Dustin Poirier after UFC 302 title loss?
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland ‘heard the pop’ during nasty arm break on Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Can Still Compete With These Guys’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Today Islam grew a lot': Khabib Nurmagomedov praises Makhachev's performance at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Frustrated Paulo Costa vows to bring back old style after UFC 302 loss: ‘F*ck points or conserving energy’
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Islam Makhachev after UFC 302 title defense?