Tapology Forums

Jesse Forbes represented Canada at The Ultimate Fighter season 3 Finale

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CanadianMMAHQ
CanadianMMAHQ
  • Predictions:  2,632  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 205

04.11.2021 | 11:59 PM ET

For an unknown reason Jesse Forbes represented Canada on The TUF 3 Finale, he did have a fight or 2 in Canada(MFC,XMMA)so it is possible he was living/training there at a time, though he is from Arizona he could have a duel citizenship. it could just be a mistake or it could be a Brock Lesnar scenario with a single representation in the promotion. 

* Edited at 04.12.2021, 12:07 AM ET *

"Herb Dean is on the screen!" "Someone's gunna **** the bed." "We have a saying back home... If you're coming on??? Come on!!!" ~Harold Howard (First Canadian to fight in the UFC)

Responses

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,494  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,348
  • Post Score: 285

04.12.2021 | 4:11 PM ET

@CanadianMMAHQ

Tapology, Wikipedia, Sherdog, MMA Junkie and Fight Matrix all list him as being American and I couldn't find any connection between him and Canada whatsoever besides, as you said, having a few fights in Canada so it does seem a bit odd.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

CanadianMMAHQ
CanadianMMAHQ

04.19.2021 | 5:20 PM ET

@Stephen Terry

Indeed I tried to do a bunch of research myself it could have been that while he was fighting in Canada he was training there so he chose to represent it. All I have is the fight off UFC fight pass if you go to The ultimate fighter season 3 playlist you can find the full finale event at the bottom. It's the last fight on that 2-hour clip he is representing Canada in it that's about all I was able to find out

"Herb Dean is on the screen!" "Someone's gunna **** the bed." "We have a saying back home... If you're coming on??? Come on!!!" ~Harold Howard (First Canadian to fight in the UFC)

CanadianMMAHQ
CanadianMMAHQ

04.19.2021 | 5:30 PM ET

I'm just going to post a clip of the video because the picture I posted has disappeared for some reason

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,494  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,348
  • Post Score: 285

04.19.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

@CanadianMMAHQ

I can't post the screenshot of it as it comes up saying "post can't exceed 5,000 characters" even though I've posted screenshots in the past but at the end of that video when they are showing the tale of the tape, they list him as being born in Canada. According to Wikipedia, he was born in Portland, Maine, USA. It's one thing for him to represent Canada but for TUF to state he was born there is just factually wrong.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60