Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,555
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 755

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

05.07.2023 | 8:38 PM ET

I'm actually pretty concerned for Rob in that fight. I think Dricus is a very bad style for him. Very bad. Look at how close Till vs Whitaker was, and Dricus is a better striker than that mouthy scouse. Far better at range too, very good kicking game, and Rob struggles against guys who are capable of keeping him at their length like Adesanya and he's heavy on his lead leg.Then consider Brunson couldn't beat him via his usual route (and strength) of grapple****ery and I'm reasonably confident that Dricus can force it to play out on the feet.

Spider sense says upset--it that happens by KO/TKO. But I'll be rooting for Rob and picking him as always.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,296
  • Post Score: 151

05.08.2023 | 9:59 AM ET

DDP made it to the top 5 of the middleweight division just by being a Chad. That's how terrible the middleweight division is. Rob will absolutely school DDP
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,148
  • Post Score: 333

05.08.2023 | 10:41 AM ET

It's like people are surprised that fighters talk thier way into a title shot or big named opponent to make money.

The more **** you talk and the bigger your antics, more likely the more money you will make. And at the end of the day, money and surviving is the most important thing in life.....no fighter wants to be broke and injured when they retire.

Very rarely you get your demetrious Johnson's who won't talk or promote in any way. Sure he made lots of money....only because he was so good. And he probably missed out on exponentially more money if he just promoted himself.

So DDP said some really ridiculously stupid stuff about Africa. And it worked. Now he has a big fight, a big pay day and is in the spotlight.

Insert Surprise Pikachu Face.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,757
  • Post Score: -18

05.08.2023 | 10:51 AM ET

****les

that has to be the worst take i've seen on this site in a while, congratulations on self-exposing the fact that you don't watch mma
Lisac
Lisac
  • Predictions:  1,554  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  416
  • Post Score: 205

05.08.2023 | 11:38 AM ET

@xconchris

What did DDP say that's stupid and ridiculous about Africa? He said he was going to be the first true African born champion that lives and trains there and that's 100% factually correct (except the fact he'll probably never be champion), he wasn't being coy or anything about it and Usman and Izzy are 2 morons that are being racist for trying to make it as if he ISN'T a real African because he's white despite him being born, raised and living there.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
Lisac
Lisac
  • Predictions:  1,554  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  416
  • Post Score: 205

05.08.2023 | 11:58 AM ET

Just read into their altercation more and its hilarious how Izzy who was from a wealthy family that owned servants, called Du Plessis a CRACKER which is literally a word African Americans used for slave owners... imagine if the roles were reversed lol, **** Izzy and **** Usman both honestly
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
****les
****les

05.08.2023 | 3:23 PM ET

@baremaras if you think that's bad, you should have been here for that time during that UFC cancer charity event when I
commented that if the' UFC really wants (sic) to reduce cancer, they should start by cutting 96.8% of the WMMA roster'.

But let me flip the script on you for a moment. You are a self-professed professional gambler IIRC and consider yourself an expert on MMA generally.

So it must be quite embarrassing when things like this happen, I suppose.36%. That is virtually twice as bad as the statistical rate of merely picking the odds-on favourite.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
baremaras
baremaras

05.08.2023 | 3:27 PM ET

****les

wow I picked bad on a card that almost every favorite lost on with a bunch of fighters that I had no insight on, oh my god!!!!

if i remember right that was the pavlovich vs blaydes card and I made money parlaying montel by KO and lucindo + KSW + Bellator so I still don't get what your point is LOL

I should be upset that I didn't do well on tapology picks for an event even though I made money on it? great logic, my friend

none of this changes the fact that your take on whittaker vs ddp was absolutely terrible, amateurish and showed you don't watch MMA though

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 3:28 PM ET *

****les
****les

05.08.2023 | 3:41 PM ET

@Baremas you tied for 3416. That would have put you in the bottom bracket of pickers on the site. I'm sorry, but I don't see why I--or anybody else, should give you any credence moving forward. You're just not a guy whose advice people should solicit when making wagers. There's getting it wrong, and there's getting itthatwrong.

As for Whittaker vs DDP, you might be right, I don't know. We'll have to see how it pans out. If Rob does go out there and obliterate him I'll be happy to be wrong because Whittaker is more or less my favourite fighter. If he doesn't, and drops the fight, I will function in some as yet undecided capacity of memory or otherwise as the indelible watermark of your incompetence on this site for all time.

I'm just not seeing any downsides here.
baremaras
baremaras

05.08.2023 | 3:49 PM ET

****les

I don't care about credibility from you or anyone else on the site nor did I ask people to tail me or anything and like I said, i do NOT care about tapology picks especially on fight night cards littered with low level fighters that I do not know much about - I made insane money on that card and I can prove I did with a simple screenshot of my bet slip if you are that interested

as far as Whittaker vs DDP is concerned, even if DDP wins it's going to be because he can crack hard and Whittaker's chin is super suspect (good recovery ability though). not because Dricus is a better striker than Till, not because DDP can manage distance better than Whittaker, not because DDP has a good kicking game, not becuase DDP has good takedown defense - literally none of those things are true about dricus.

it's why I said you don't watch MMA. DDP in theory and based on his career accolades seems like a very high level kickboxer with good technical standup but when you actually watch him fight, nothing even comes close to that

now if you want to argue that the betting odds are a little wonky, sure you can argue that. but purely from the point of view of picking a fight, Dricus is a very good stylistic matchup for Whittaker

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 3:54 PM ET *

****les
****les

05.08.2023 | 3:53 PM ET

Thoughts?

Xconchris
Xconchris

05.08.2023 | 3:55 PM ET

Yea i still think what Dricus Du Plessis said was ridiculously stupid. The UFC had 3 African born UFC champions.

Kamaru Usman Left when he was 8 years old
Israel Adesanya Left when he was 10 years old
Francis Ngannou left when he was 26 years old

Since when does it matter at what age does a person leave his or her country?
Or where they reside now? These fighters are all African champions. I didnt know these were mandatory to be a True African champion.

He is implying they are not African Champions because he still lives there and trains there. DDP doesnt make the criteria of what a African champion is. Hes also just making provocative and inflammatory statements to get attention and try to get a title shot. Hes just a *******. He knows damn well they are as much African as he is. He wanted to get Adesanya all pissed off and accomplished his goal

Then he doubles down. And sounds dumber. Does anyone actually think DDP believes this or just talking stupid to get the fight and money he wants. He sounds ridiculously stupid.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,082
  • Post Score: 88

05.08.2023 | 3:57 PM ET

Ddp real African Chad 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

****les
****les

05.08.2023 | 4:02 PM ET

I don't see what is inflammatory or incorrect about anything he's saying. It's a point of fact that he was born in Africa, lives in Africa, trains in Africa, is a citizen of Africa and I assume no other country. None of those things are true of Usman or Adesanya They may have dual citizenship, I suppose. The only argument one could make for Adesanya or Usman being more African is the essentialist kind, which would be a racist one. Neither Usman nor Adesanya even sound very African to me. Dricus does.

He's right, I'm afraid.
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

05.08.2023 | 4:05 PM ET

None of those things are true? That objectively false, Usman and Izzy were both born in Nigeria.

"🌽⚽️"

****les
****les

05.08.2023 | 4:09 PM ET

@Cheese I never contended they weren't. I said they do not reside there.

And frankly one could hardly blame them for not wanting to.Even Nigeria, which is top-tier in terms of development for the region, would not be a place that any American on this site would trade for their own patch of dirt on domestic soil.

Edit: I technically did say that Usman and Adesanya weren't born in Africa as a result of bad syntax. That's not what I meant, but you are right and I am ********.

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 4:12 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

05.08.2023 | 4:12 PM ET

I mean if DDP moved to Florida tomorrow to start training at ATT is he no longer African because he doesn't live there and train there 

That's what he sounds like.

baremaras
baremaras

05.08.2023 | 4:16 PM ET

usman, dricus, francis and israel are all africans.

debating this further is just dricus and israel selling wolf tickets for a potential fight and quite frankly the fact that this debate along with the term "real african" even exist is pretty damaging and creates unnecessary racial tension

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 4:19 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

05.08.2023 | 4:18 PM ET

Hypothetically being the first African champ to actually train in Africa and the idea of being a “real African” are two very different things it’s that simple. If DDP won the belt that would be a big achievement for the South African MMA scene.

* Edited at 05.08.2023, 4:19 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

****les
****les

05.08.2023 | 4:19 PM ET

@Chris well no, but it's disingenuous to say that one is more African or as African than somebody who was both born in Africa and has lived an entire life there and currently resides there if one is not meeting that criteria themselves. Culture is very powerful, perhaps the most powerful force that exists. I would argue that it is culture that itself that defines a person's self entirely. Someone immersed in a culture their entire life is more of that thing by far than someone who was born there, and left young, regardless of their skin tone.

If we're honest, what people really mean when they say otherwise that is that Izzy and Usman are more or as African because they're black, which is an essentialist argument based on ideas about race which we do not subscribe to when negotiating any other issue in existence.

Page 755

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds