Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 670

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,159
  • Post Score: 333

12.20.2022 | 7:27 PM ET

Also I would like to make a complaint. I still don't have my sexy hologram of Megan Olivi wearing long leather black boots and a tank top reminding me to make picks on the Tapology home screen.

* Edited at 12.20.2022, 7:27 PM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,874  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

12.20.2022 | 7:31 PM ET

@ARATRAT   

"Time is the enemy. "

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

12.20.2022 | 8:23 PM ET

@Gobaz

Yhw did uoy @ mih sdrawkcab?

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,394  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,331
  • Post Score: 285

12.20.2022 | 8:24 PM ET

OK, I have no idea what the **** is going on here in terms of @TARTARA's beef with certain users and tbh, I don't really care as they're just some private issues between those individual people that they need to sort out. So I'm going to ignore any personal drama certain people have got involved with and just try and give my insight on the situation to maybe try and help clear things up or at least give my perspective of what's going on from an outside perspective looking in. 

When @TARTARA first came on the site, he was active on the forums and exploring the site and I showed him a few things and he seemed to be having a great time and also started making all those cool AVs for other users. Before coming here, @TARTARA was a very active member of Sherdog (probably still is idk) and brought quite a few new users from Sherdog over here. He has fantasy games where he invites me and some of his Sherdog buddies in and has helped them out a lot by showing them around the site. 

Now here's where I think the problems start. When you use the site day in, day out, you'll inevitably come across bugs or things that could work better. @TARTARA is pointing a lot of these out which is helpful but a lot of these things are very minor inconveniences or unimportant updates. For example, I'd love it if we could have more than 16 players in fantasy games and I hope maybe one day we will but for a site as complex as Tapology, I can see why @Gregory would deem an issue like this unimportant. Another thing is that @TARTARA often asks the editors to fix these issues (usually calls out @AyyLmaonnaise for this a lot for some reason) but as a former editor myself, believe me when I say that what I could and couldn't change about the site was very limited. When I was editing, I could edit fighter pages, promotor pages, gym pages and event pages. And that was about it. I couldn't do any technical issues such as fixing bugs or anything involving users accounts. The permissions that editors have are specifically limited to just their job which is updating upcoming events and finding results for previous events. If I had the power to change that 16 player limit on the fantasy games when I was an editor, then believe me, I would've! But ultimately, Tapology is a record keeping site first and foremost and the editors have limited powers so they can just focus on keeping the database up to date.

I think @TARTARA seriously overestimates how much power editors actually have and so a lot of his criticisms are misguided towards the editors. For example, with the prediction comment glitch, he might've asked someone like @AyyLmaonnaise to fix it when he would've been powerless to do anything about it anyway. Kinda like bursting a pipe and calling an electrician instead of a plumber. Because of this, the issues don't really get sorted through his comments which causes him to get frustrated. It's just a case of asking the wrong people about certain issues.

Now of course @Gregory, in theory at least, has the power to fix these issues. The trouble is that Tapology is a very complex site to run. I saw first hand how easy it is to fall behind with certain events from certain regions because of all the research required and that is just for the record keeping side of it! He's got to worry about a whole load of other issues such as making sure the site doesn't crash, security updates, dealing with the servers that host the site, coding issues etc, not to mention all the minor issues like people's account issues and whatnot. It's also worth noting that he is one of only two admins for the site along with @skelliher who I actually answered to more often than @Gregory as @skelliher is primarily in charge of running the Fightcenter database (basically he's the boss of the editors) so it seems that @Gregory does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to the admin stuff of the site. On top of this, he is basically the only moderator on the site which, quite frankly, I'm baffled that he does that himself given all the other issues he has to worry about on the site. No disrespect to anyone in particular but given the absolute state of some of the threads as of late, I can't imagine a more unrewarding or thankless job than being a moderator for this site. Having to spend a lot of time on the forums and trying to apply the rules consistently without escalating situations and inevitably pissing off people by suspending people for too long or too easily...I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for all that! The old "everyone hates the referee, but comes running to the referee when **** doesn't go their way" situation. No ******* thanks!

Overall, the main takeaways from this are:

• @TARTARA - When you spot an issue in the future, try and report it directly by raising a ticket through this link here: https://www.tapology.com/tickets/newThis will ensure that @Gregory or @skelliher will see the issue sooner and either deal with it or add it to their list of things to work on. Also, just try and be a little less confrontational when it comes to other users (especially over pick %'s which really don't matter much in the grand scheme of things). You are a valued member of the site and add value to it with helping new users and your creations but it seems that everyone is fighting with you (as for the exact ins and outs as to why, I'm not gonna speculate on that) and it seems to flair up more often than it should which just creates some bad vibes on the forums. As for the actual trolls, just ignore them. Seriously, they just want a reaction, any reaction, from you and responding to them just gives them something to feed off. Just block and mute them and move on, they ain't worth your time!

• @Everyone - Just chill the **** out! If someone pisses you off or wants to start beef, just turn the other cheek if you can. The amount of argument on here over petty ******** is getting ridiculous! If it's a minor disagreement, just ignore it or if it's a larger issue then make a serious effort to see their point of view. Remember that "I respect your opinion but I disagree with it" is a perfectly valid answer. All this arguing, could end up driving users away from the site which in most cases would be bad for the site. We need varying personalities in this community. Obviously not the trolls but if we all keep a level head more often then the trolls will eventually weed themselves out. 

There's probably a few more things I missed but I've not been able to keep up with all the drama so this is just my view of things from the pieces that I've got. If anybody wants me, I'll be in my room washing down a handful of Aspirin with a stiff drink. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.20.2022 | 8:28 PM ET

I like the new interviewing chick better then Megan, Megan is like 40 now, send her to a retirement home, she is a granny

* Edited at 12.20.2022, 8:29 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,300
  • Post Score: 136

12.20.2022 | 8:49 PM ET

Holy **** is that an achievement never seen Greg cuss, I hereby award platinum status on this thread immediately at will because I can!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

ccollins44
ccollins44
  • Predictions:  7,188  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  907
  • Post Score: 140

12.20.2022 | 9:11 PM ET

@ayy

To my knowledge it started because you weren't "linking sources" whenever you dropped some news, which is a dumb thing to get angry over on a public forum

"Styles make fights"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565

12.20.2022 | 9:22 PM ET

@stephen some day we will allow fantasy games with more than 16 teams. but at the moment, current efforts are on different parts of the site. boring stuff that's hard to explain but is important.

in the meantime, there are lingering logic bugs in the existing fantasy games, particularly around the head to head playoff brackets. when events that are slated to be in the playoffs, or are slated to be at the end of the regular season, get cancelled or the dates change, the programming logic is not always figuring out properly what to do about it. which results in failed/broken games that need to be manually fixed in the database by hand. we really need to get those logic bugs rooted out before we expand the complexity of the number of players per game, and other types of variables.

the fantasy game logic gets super complicated very quickly. this is just one logic sequence for handling the selection, ordering and matching up of teams when the playoffs begin.

"I live, I die, I live again."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,026  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,129
  • Post Score: 88

12.20.2022 | 9:50 PM ET

@ccolins actually the first interaction I remember was he asked me when the last time I helped someone was. I answered with ? Because it was out of nowhere, and he proceeded to just say “thank you! Have a nice day”. And wouldn’t answer any of my questions and then became a ****** from there

* Edited at 12.20.2022, 9:51 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,159
  • Post Score: 333

12.20.2022 | 10:27 PM ET

Change of topic.

I keep finding soviet union change in the reject bin of my local coin star

Should I be concerned of a Red Dawn type of scenario happening?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,974  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

12.21.2022 | 12:55 AM ET

I saw two crackheads dumping lots of change into a coin star earlier today lol

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

12.21.2022 | 2:06 AM ET

@chris

hmm I keep finding Canadian coins in mine, maybe we're being attacked from two fronts here

@zoomer

dealers dont take coins i guess smh

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

12.21.2022 | 5:01 AM ET

@Cheeseball  Do I have to come with a written statement to the rest of the forum? Or can I also keep that to myself too? I have my reasons.

* Edited at 12.21.2022, 5:02 AM ET *

"Time is the enemy. "

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

12.21.2022 | 5:04 AM ET

It was more of a rhetorical joke than a legitimate question.

"🌽⚽️"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.21.2022 | 9:00 AM ET

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/12/one-familys-experience-with-schizophrenia-in-new-york-city.html

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

12.21.2022 | 10:09 AM ET

Can't be asked to read the last 5 pages so I'm gonna assume Tartara is being his usual braindead *** self and either "beaching" about other users mercilessly bullying him or that a new feature he came up with hasn't immediately been added to the site.

Honestly does he even like mma, just seems to be here to show off his schizophrenia and surprisingly decent gif making. 
Do as a favour and **** off

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf

12.21.2022 | 12:03 PM ET

Frenchman (88y/o) has WW1 artillery cartridge in his anus.

Happens to even the best of us.

They are used to an apple, mango or bottle of shaving cream. But this was a novelty for the Sainte-Musse hospital in Toulon. The pattern had a diameter of about 5 to 6 cm and is 20 cm long, so you undoubtedly know exactly how big that is, right men? Hospital management confirms that "an emergency that occurred from 9pm to 11:30pm on Saturday evening that required the intervention of bomb disposal personnel, the evacuation of adult and pediatric emergencies as well as the diversion of incoming emergencies."

The local explosive ordnance disposal service was quickly on site and reassured the hospital that the chance of an explosion was very small. It would be a collector's item from the First World War.

It is unclear how the man ended up in this state, or how this piece ended up in the man.

"Time is the enemy. "

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,394  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,331
  • Post Score: 285

12.21.2022 | 12:35 PM ET

@Gregory

Cool, thanks for the explanation! I was mainly just using that as an example of a feature that would be cool but I understand is fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I'll be around here for a long time to come so I look forward to the day it is added!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Jessup
Jessup
  • Predictions:  65  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 309

12.21.2022 | 6:20 PM ET

Gregory

No hostility towards anyone specific, just throwing my two cents in:

Greg, I don’t know **** about your work or what your personal life is like, but if I was in your position, I’d go mad. A literal decade of nothing but lowering myself three to four tiers just to level with people constantly asking the same intuitive but frustrating questions over and over again. You have tremendous patience and I’m shocked I’ve only seen you give a member the Italian digit once (to my knowledge).

I like this site, and from my brief experience here most of the community does too cause they won’t shut the **** up about wanting it to be better. This place has a lot of elbow room for debate (a lot more than most sites nowadays) so I understand the extremely vocal minority’s stand on why they say certain things, I just don’t want your perception on the site to dip so dramatically that you just say “To hell with it”. 

Please keep doing what you’re doing and don’t pass the keys over to some schmuck in a suit that’ll face-**** the Tapology layout with ads telling me my hot next-door neighbor wants to **** me. Otherwise, I will have to revert back to the greasy Sherdog slums where all the grimiest human filth lie, sniffing their own farts and expelling terrible takes.

* Edited at 12.21.2022, 6:21 PM ET *

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,305
  • Post Score: 151

12.21.2022 | 6:40 PM ET

What was everyone's best underdog pick this year? Mine was Guido cannetti over Randy Costa 

Page 670

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia