Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 365

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,598  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,522
  • Post Score: 13

05.19.2022 | 10:08 AM ET

cheese

maybe its because i thought he would be like kamaru. thats my fault for thinking that

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,000  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,093
  • Post Score: 88

05.19.2022 | 10:17 AM ET

For a HW I think Usman is decent but he’s very obviously not his brother 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

HiDefff
HiDefff

05.19.2022 | 10:22 AM ET

Am i the only one who was shocked by the weigh in for him. 265 for Sipe but how the **** was Usman only 238. I thought i heard it wrong at first lmao 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 10:28 AM ET

Ya I could have sworn he was 265 lol. Also, sipe is garbage dude just threw haymakers and taunted the whole time 

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,397  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

05.19.2022 | 11:14 AM ET

@Chris: kind of long, but it addresses your point.

To summarize: a couple inherits a home and leaves it vacant. People keep breaking in to steal things, so they rig up a shotgun behind one of the interior doors. A burglar ends up getting shot in the leg and sues the owners.

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 11:17 AM ET *

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

05.19.2022 | 11:20 AM ET

Sherdog has its media representatives etc. Why not make the same with tapology? Tapo is a huge thing in a matter of MMA world. Everyone who is interested in MMA more than a casual, knows what tapology is. It is in public talk. Why not allow the relatable and reputable forum guys, like Stephen Terry or Tieoken, or mayo to actually get the interviews on the site or youtube? Get in contact with managers, fighters or organisations to get the first-hand info?

I dream of some kind of page or app from tapology, to allow certain users (for example those verified only by moderators) and make a group that would score fights and it would be published on some Tapology's weekly news or ****.

could make the site even more popular if done in a right way, I think

I also believe that going this way, would be a game changer and Sherdog could get dominated by tapology as in my opinion they are still leaders when it comes to popularity

We'd have a representative for example here: http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/13182/Katlyn-Chookagian-vs-Amanda-Ribas

when a decision of a popular fight is controversial, image of media scores goes VIRAL and everyone looks up to it on instagram, twitter or youtube and there is almost always SHERDOG included in media

I know we have guys who would make it voluntarily, but giving them incomes from youtube adsense or page's ads, even if it wouldn't make much, would be cool. 

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 1:10 PM ET *

"****."

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

05.19.2022 | 11:22 AM ET

i agree with that.

Fremen
Fremen

05.19.2022 | 11:23 AM ET

I'm also kinda curious if there is any chance to change the nick here, couz mine is kinda random as ****

"****."

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

05.19.2022 | 11:23 AM ET

we gotta make it happen

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,551  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

05.19.2022 | 12:38 PM ET

I 100% agree with that, tapology should expand to have a media presence similar to that of sherdog. They only have a couple of writers but the interviews and prediction/analysis drives a lot of traffic to the site.

and Sherdog is objectively worse in every way when it comes to actually looking at fighters records. It doesn't show if a fighter competed outside mma, for example, whereas on here you can see if someone has been competing in boxing/grappling etc. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 1:07 PM ET

I would be very down for that

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.19.2022 | 1:15 PM ET

I’d also do that **** for free lol 🤷‍♂️ 

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,551  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

05.19.2022 | 2:00 PM ET

Same, I'd gladly interview fighters and write up a report, that would be fun.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

05.19.2022 | 2:39 PM ET

idk what we need to do it.

Moorlady
Moorlady

05.19.2022 | 3:32 PM ET

Ya'll would be great at that!  

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 3:33 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.19.2022 | 3:35 PM ET

@adrndc11 you're confused as to what to Tapology is. You are thinking that Tapology is a media service, and that the forum is a significant part of business operations. Neither is true.

What Tapology is, is a data analytics business that generates income through PPC and advertising. And what tariffs into that system is database access--Bookmakers, punters, journalists, fans etc from everywhere who access data hosted on Tapology.

What tapology sells isn't media. It's you. Remember; if there is no product, you are the product. 

The forum and other extended and pertinent features thereof, account for extremely little of the total amount of site traffic. Greg has been very clear on this multiple times.

The reality is, he could quite easily do away with the forum altogether and this would incur a negligible impact on the site. To put it more simply, he's kind of doing us all a favour by even hosting a forum at all. It is in no way necessary to the business model in any way whatsoever. The forum isn't what generates traffic. The database is what generates traffic.

I suspect this is probably why he hasn't really pushed an app. He knows the scale and scope of the market and whatever those are, mean that getting this done isn't an attractive investment. I've berated him many times in the past for this, but ultimately I have to accept he knows far more about it than I ever will and there are financial reasons as to why it doesn't make sense to do it.  Tapology is not the only website Greg has and is involved with, FYI. He's been in the industry a long time now. There's also the issue that the bigger something gets, the more of a pain in the ass it is. Expanding would mean more staff. More ****. More staff + more ****=more headaches.

Frankly, my Polish friend, you are just a child. You've never run any kind of business, let alone one in the attention economy or big data sectors. Probably haven't even run a lemonade stand. You've never had to deal with employees, wage-scaling, overheads, risk, legals. You've very likely never even had a mortgage let alone a levered business loan nor have been basically responsible for the entire nuts-and-bolts side of an entire vertically integrated business, which Greg is, every single day.

You're a child. You have never known real responsibilities, and you really don't know anything about anything. You don't even know what you don't know, which is worse.

At this point in your life, you need to essentially just shut the **** up, watch, and learn.

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 4:37 PM ET *

Fremen
Fremen

05.19.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

If producing interviews, articles is not profitable, then we would not have uncountable MMA news sites, that have its reporters on all major events in the US. Yes it's true I have no knowledge about running a site, but I do know there is for sure traffic coming with news and interviews if done in a right way. Plus Gregory would not have to look for people, writing articles is not that hard if you actually have the knowledge and passion about the sport, we've got people like this here. I'll just wait for Gregory's words on that, as he is the only one to make decisions here. MMA is bigger than ever and maybe it is the right moment to do such steps, who knows if not Gregory? 

* Edited at 05.19.2022, 3:51 PM ET *

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

05.19.2022 | 3:58 PM ET

claiming there are people who don't realize this site brings income from people who enter this site to see the data it offers with such belief of it not being obvious for everyone is kind of worrying dude

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

05.19.2022 | 4:01 PM ET

Yes, you're probably right that Gregory is doing it for money only, if he hasnt already stated that. I wonder if he totally loses interest would he sell it to someone or just close it so it loses all the data it has 

"****."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

05.19.2022 | 4:15 PM ET

usernames

@adrndc11 we can change your username for you if you'd like. Just send a request here with the new username you want: https://www.tapology.com/tickets/new

Note that we can't do this again and again for people since it has to be done manually in the database and is kind of a pain in the butt. So choose your new name carefully!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Page 365

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Colby Covington Doubts If Ian Garry Is ‘Serious’ About Fighting, Says He Has ‘Unfinished Business’ With Leon Edwards
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t know why the referee stopped the fight’: Diaz reacts to TKO loss to Duarte
  • MMA Mania : Kentucky Fried Erceg Prepared For Brazilian Bottle Bombs
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (April 22-28)
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Watch ‘Countdown To UFC 301’ Video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301: How to watch Rio de Janeiro fight card, lineup, odds, preview videos, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Irish prospect Paul Hughes to co-headline Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: What is the best UFC fight still to come in 2024?
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Confirms $5 Mil Payday To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Made $5 Mil To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes vs. Bobby King co-headlines Bellator Champions Series: Dublin
  • Jits Magazine : New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Dominate In Enigma Invitational 15 Results
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC Returns To PPV In Rio!
  • Jits Magazine : Gianni Grippo Promoted To Black Belt In Luta Livre
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Colby Covington noncommittal on ‘nobody’ Ian Machado Garry fight: ‘He has to show me he’s serious’
  • MMA Mania : Rogan: Topuria Turned Down Volk Rematch In Perth
  • MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction