Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,556
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 163

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,551  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

12.09.2021 | 6:48 PM ET

like I said, a wide and shallow field of knowledge. You read something on wiki and think nobody you encounter knows it too. It's so transparently obvious, stop trying so hard this isn't reddit.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 6:50 PM ET

^ Big mad.

But he'll be fine after a tub of old woman butter pecan and a tea party with his Star Wars dolls.

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.09.2021 | 6:52 PM ET

Ah yes a wojak, the response of a true intellectual. You're right, I should definitely allow someone like you to determine how smart I am haha

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 6:56 PM ET

I never claimed to be an intellectual, Fisty.

That's you. The guy who goes to monster truck rallies, watches fight circus, and has heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect yet doesn't believe it applies to him, despite being certain he's 'smart' and failing to understand that people can leave their homes without tying their shoes. 

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.09.2021 | 7:01 PM ET

The dunning-kruger effect refers to a person having overconfidence in a specific activity or field of study, not overall general knowledge. I am sure it applies to me regarding some things in which I have an intermediate skill, but I know it doesn't apply to me generally because that's literally not how it works. Again, you would know that if you did more than scan enough of the wiki page to copy/paste it and feel smart. The fact that you're still going on about the shoe thing simply shows you're too much of a pedant to enjoy a basic joke.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,344  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,321
  • Post Score: 285

12.09.2021 | 7:05 PM ET

@Baldric Eggling and @FistyMcKickerChoke

Guys, calm down. This is an MMA site, the last thing any of us want to see is a fight.

Wait.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.09.2021 | 7:08 PM ET

Wait... is it the highest form of irony to misunderstand the dunning-kruger effect because you didn't read into it enough? Somebody call Alanis Morrisette, quick!

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,291
  • Post Score: 136

12.09.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

Yes I really do think..aw **** now that song is stuck in my head thanks!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 7:31 PM ET

Concepts are more than definitions, Fisty--and you didn't even get that right, because nowhere is it suggested that the Dunning-Kruger effect applies to  either a specific or broad field of 'Knowledge'. You are literally meta stupid. To wit:

"If you're incompetent, you can't know you're incompetent ... The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is."[15]

General Knowledge isn't the issue, Fisty. General Intelligence is the issue. It is impossible for the Dunning-Kruger effect to meet its definition, as a logical course, without making reference to some form of underlying standard, 'progenitor', or cause. That can only be intelligence or the lack thereof. This is because the absence of metacognition, which necessarily must be considered a form of intelligence, or is otherwise an indicator of it, is a requisite for meeting the definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect. If one were...rich, in metacognition, they would not overestimate their competence, and could not therefore meet the definition of the term.  Or more simply, streams cannot rise above their sources. If Einstein had had never been introduced to Mathematics, he still would not have been stupid.  Surely at least you can follow that?

* Edited at 12.09.2021, 7:46 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,150
  • Post Score: 333

12.09.2021 | 7:36 PM ET

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 7:43 PM ET

@Chris I blame myself more than anybody, here. It is like trying to have a conversation about Epistemology with a pet rock. It's a monumental waste of mine and everyone's time.

* Edited at 12.09.2021, 7:44 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.09.2021 | 7:55 PM ET

I don’t know if you’re more annoying than boring, it’s a tough call. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 8:01 PM ET

I'm not really interested in what your husband said to your penis in puppet therapy, Fisty.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Cracking Fusion, no doubt.
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

12.09.2021 | 8:06 PM ET

A gay joke, par for the course. 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 8:11 PM ET

You should have seen the Golf joke I made yesterday. Really drove up my Handicap...
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.09.2021 | 8:24 PM ET

That is the most dad joke **** and I’m absolutely here for it.

You guys remind me of this one time I watched a physical chemist and biochemist getting into an argument during a conference. I think it ended after like an hour with them starting off the fight with a fundamental misunderstanding of some third party’s crystallography data and they were actually agreeing the whole time.

Not sure what the moral was here, but I bet you two are actually relatively similar humans. But maybe that makes me the wojak.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 8:29 PM ET

@Tioeken the only way in which I am similar to Fisty is that we are technically the same species. Don't ever mention me in the same sentence as that ignoramus again.

Edit: I guess you didn't see the original golf joke. Definitely don't go looking for it. 

* Edited at 12.09.2021, 8:29 PM ET *

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.09.2021 | 8:37 PM ET

Lol, I’ll just assume it had something to do with disabled people and go on from there. But the above had me actually rolling.

I guess we can’t kumbaya our way to unity and harmony. It must be pitched warfare to the death.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.09.2021 | 8:38 PM ET

A disabled child, specifically. A real career highlight.

Greg is disgusted in me. And rightly so.

* Edited at 12.09.2021, 8:39 PM ET *

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.09.2021 | 8:44 PM ET

You know one of the things I have to admit is that I get people confused widely on this site just because it’s the internet and not real life. Maybe not forgetting who someone is, but like I forget the essence of their character and how they post throughout time. I really don’t ever remember fisty being an antagonistic person, but I looked at some old posts and I can definitely see how you guys could have started a flare up. Not that he holds a candle to you lol.

Which makes me point out that Duck, Terry, and you are probably the most distinct characters I’ve encountered. Which is probably why you’re still Fish to everyone who was around long enough.

Page 163

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’