Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,555
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 105

Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 215

09.30.2021 | 12:12 PM ET

isn't cejudo retired lmao?

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,536  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

09.30.2021 | 12:13 PM ET

@Rigno exactly. People talking about Cejudo fighting are just buying into what he wants, which is constantly teasing a comeback so that he can maintain sponsors for instagram posts. Cejudo is retired and I won't entertain "what ifs" until he's contracted to fight.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,536  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

09.30.2021 | 12:14 PM ET

No. Cejudo said he wanted more money to fight or he wouldn't renew his contract, Dana called his bluff and seems content to never let him fight again. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 215

09.30.2021 | 12:16 PM ET

I thought so. because he hasn't fought since he beat cruz

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,274  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,288
  • Post Score: 136

09.30.2021 | 1:21 PM ET

Cejudo Vs Jon Jones at heavyweight make it happen!!!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,555
  • Post Score: 262

09.30.2021 | 3:33 PM ET

@fishrat the storms in the Gold Coast weren’t that bad. But I think it must be worst up north because I was worried from the news saying the storm were real bad 

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.30.2021 | 4:13 PM ET

I didn't get the worst of them but they were bad enough. Brizzy got hammered, sunnybank and Archerfield mainly I think. Went outside late afternoon to take the pups for a walk, looked at the sky and it was just blue/green purple death crackling with lightning and I was like 'Oh, right. **** that'. 25 mins later the gum trees were bending and **** was just white.
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

10.01.2021 | 10:24 AM ET

@Fish here's your ivermectin spiel from your local nerd

I highly suggest attempting to read the following review article, it is well done and designed to be informative without being biased. Performed by people whose work I respect. There is a lot of scientific literature about Ivermectin that has been formally withdrawn in the last year because it's been put under the spotlight and a lot of falsified data has arisen, but I'll include the most pertinent paragraph for a layperson below.

https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.663586

"Notably, the clinical outcomes upon prescribing IVM on its own did not result in significantly improved outcomes for COVID-19 patients and nor should it be particularly encouraged (54). In fact, cross-resistance to other medications may be induced as a result of selective pressure resulting from a single medication (64). This may be a likely event as RNA viruses are well noted for their pronounced capacity for mutations, a finding which has already been established also for SARS-CoV-2 (65). Therefore, although IVM may contribute to the suppression of SARS-CoV-2 replication, it is important not to dismiss the risk of selecting for highly pathological and resistant viral strains when using a sole medication. That said, in a recent clinical trial that we have just concluded and is under review, we show that a single dose of IVM can significantly reduce the viral load in asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 positive subjects. However, in these subjects, zinc and vitamin C were concomitantly used."

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,536  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.01.2021 | 11:53 AM ET

We do love our Zinc and Vitamin C

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

10.01.2021 | 12:06 PM ET

I find it hilarious seeing all these simpletons eating bitter horse paste for no reason, but I wish it was something even more disgusting. Hopefully the next hoax they fall for is something even better. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,877  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,118
  • Post Score: 300

10.01.2021 | 12:28 PM ET

Oh man, brung up the Rona!

This thread turning into a **** show in 3....2......1

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

10.01.2021 | 12:53 PM ET

Chill out everyone lets change the subject. Ummmm best fighter not Named Muhammad Ali? Also most underrated Ali fight (Currently binging all of his fights I can find on yt. Right now I'm watching the Patterson fight.)? I'll start, Ali vs Sonny Banks was a fun back and forth fight as long as it lasted. No spoilers pls!

"🌽⚽️"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

10.01.2021 | 1:01 PM ET

I know this should probably be in the boxing thread but this thread needs a chill pill before people start breaking their fingers typing on keyboards.

"🌽⚽️"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

10.01.2021 | 1:17 PM ET

Ali was an amazing boxer sadly last fight of his I watched was the almost 100% worked Sonny Liston.
That and the absolutely astounding and real Foreman fight come to mind try to watch that every year! 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.01.2021 | 2:22 PM ET

EDIT: I will not respond to this discussion any further, unless the person initiating is Teoken, who I can guarantee is capable of maintaining an adult discussion and works in a related industry.

@Fisty I honestly don't understand that attitude. Wishing harm on people. Even if Ivermectin proves to be completely useless in treating covid, I don't understand why you'd kind of low key want people to die for having tried it. People resort to all kind of quack cures for all kinds of things all the time. Homeopathy is absolute bunk but is still more popular than it has any right to be, but I don't actively wish for people who subscribe to it to die because they tried to treat Diabetes by drinking milk that had an onion boiled in it or whatever.

Regardless, it is not as though there isn't strong evidence that exists in favour of it as a treatment. And yes, while it is stupid to eat horse paste--ivermectin in paste form that is used to de-worm horses-- it is also as equally ridiculous and unhelpful to define Ivermectin as 'Horse Paste'. Ivermectin is an FDA approved drug used to treat humans commonly. And again, you can get a script for it and pick it up from a chemist if you like. It is already regarded as an effective treatment against Dengue and the Flu.

I don't truly know whether it works or it doesn't. But if it does, I don't want it to be stonewalled because Pfizer can't turn a dime out of it or for otherwise political reasons. And don't think Pfizer isn't capable or doesn't have the wherewithal to do it either. They were handed down the largest corporate fine in History for falsifying information relating to the pain medication Bextra.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/pfizer-fined-23-billion-illegal-marketing-off-label/story?id=8477617

I know this probably didn't occur to you as you mulled this over for 5 seconds at a monster truck rally, checked what Stephen colbert had to say about it then formulated a 'reasoned' opinion, but just because a drug is used to treat animals doesn't mean that it cannot be used to treat humans also. Virtually every drug you have ever taken was at one point tested on an animal. Including acid, which would have made for an interesting lab report....

For example, veterinarians often prescribe an anti-depressant to dogs and cats that is also prescribed to humans. It is called prozac.

Right now Pfizer is working on a covid treatment in tablet form that works very very suspiciously like the way Ivermectin is thought to as a the****utic: As a protease inhibitor/ blocker of viral replicase.

Anyway, as I said originally, the jury is still out. There is no scientific consensus that it doesn't work, and you will not have to look hard to find a very convincing article in a peer-reviewed journal by impartial researchers suggesting that it does. For example:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

Abstract

Although several clinical trials are now underway to test possible therapies, the worldwide response to the COVID-19 outbreak has been largely limited to monitoring/containment. We report here that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved anti-parasitic previously shown to have broad-spectrum anti-viral activity in vitro, is an inhibitor of the causative virus (SARS-CoV-2), with a single addition to Vero-hSLAM cells 2 h post infection with SARS-CoV-2 able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in viral RNA at 48 h. Ivermectin therefore warrants further investigation for possible benefits in humans.

To test the antiviral activity of ivermectin towards SARS-CoV-2, we infected Vero/hSLAM cells with SARS-CoV-2 isolate Australia/VIC01/2020 at an MOI of 0.1 for 2 h, followed by the addition of 5 μM ivermectin. Supernatant and cell pellets were harvested at days 0–3 and analysed by RT-PCR for the replication of SARS-CoV-2 RNA (Fig. 1A/B). At 24 h, there was a 93% reduction in viral RNA present in the supernatant (indicative of released virions) of samples treated with ivermectin compared to the vehicle DMSO. Similarly a 99.8% reduction in cell-associated viral RNA (indicative of unreleased and unpackaged virions) was observed with ivermectin treatment. By 48 h this effect increased to an ~5000-fold reduction of viral RNA in ivermectin-treated compared to control samples, indicating that ivermectin treatment resulted in the effective loss of essentially all viral material by 48 h. Consistent with this idea, no further reduction in viral RNA was observed at 72 h. As we have observed previously (Lundberg et al., 2013Tay et al., 2013Wagstaff et al., 2012), no toxicity of ivermectin was observed at any of the timepoints tested, in either the sample wells or in parallel tested drug alone samples.

* Edited at 10.01.2021, 2:32 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

10.01.2021 | 4:24 PM ET

You try so hard to sound smart that it's almost convincing. I never wished harm or death on anyone, and you're being disingenuous by acting like people haven't been taking the version that is meant for animals. If people were actually getting it prescribed by a doctor for treatment of covid, that would be different. But people are going out and buying ivermectin from feed supply stores and taking it when they aren't even sick, then going to the hospital because they've poisoned themselves with an overdose. 

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

10.01.2021 | 4:51 PM ET

The way I see it I don't care what you guys do to your bodies as long as you don't get into "I'm not a doctor but..." mode. I'm vaccinated but I acknowledge that one can't convince/please everyone, so I don't.

* Edited at 10.01.2021, 4:52 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

10.01.2021 | 5:05 PM ET

Oh and I have to ask: is this the kind of “trolling” from fish rat that everyone missed for the brief time he was gone? Because I didn’t miss it for a second and I hope he deletes his account again, this **** is annoying and dull. 

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

10.01.2021 | 5:07 PM ET

Hey does anybody give Alistair old reem much chance in his title fight in Glory?

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

10.01.2021 | 5:08 PM ET

So, for edification purposes of the larger general audience I wanted to highlight two major issues when reading scientific literature. Firstly the valuation of scientific opinion on any human disease goes as follows:
  • Trash opinion article by moron with no background
  • Biased opinion article by field expert who is probably getting paid to be a shill
  • Genuine opinion article by a field expert.
  • Scientific article (in vitro)
  • Scientific article (in vivo model organism)
  • Scientific meta-review (in human)

This distinction is important because so many times we hear, "researchers cure AIDs.." or "Scientists have cured breast cancer..." But really it's just a representation in a model organism. And there are a variety of reasons why I can kill cancer in a rat and not a human, and even more reasons why I can cure a cell culture of almost any disease but am unable to in humans.

The second piece I'll offer up is that even in peer-reviewed scientific literature, there's layers to the publishers. Just like in news you have AP, Bloomburg, Fox news, Vice, and the New York Post. In science you have all flavors of publishers, the most common method of distinction is to look at the "Impact Factor" of a journal. That is a good measure of how many scientific researchers are using that publishers scientific contributions. A low impact factor (<5) means that they are either a brand new, or bad journal.

Now on to a rational response. Ivermectin is a broad sprectrum anti-viral. The main caution I would give is that human immune response is slightly more complex than horses, and we also lives signfiicantly longer. Many therapies that work in shorter lived animals (rats/mice/horses/etc) won't work in humans because they cause a level of stress that only shows itself in later life. Whether Ivermectin falls into this category nobody knows, but it's definitely a weird pitch to just inject yourself with it if you're not on your last leg. If someone is critical the doctor will ask the next of kin or caretaker if they are allowed to try "experimental treatment" as a last-ditch effort. That's where you could maybe chalk someone up with ivermectin or any of these new drugs that haven't been validated.

I am 100% convinced that ivermectin can reduce viral load (of Covid and other viruses). But I'm not an expert enough in the field to understand it's biomolecular pathway to say that it's a harmless drug to humans. I'm also not convinced that it can reduce viral load enough to be a potent therapy for Covid.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Page 105

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 post-fight show: Reaction to Alex Perez, Bogdan Guskov’s knockout wins
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Perez Banks $50K For Wild Main Event KO
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 bonuses: 4 fighters awarded for thrilling knockouts
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 bonuses: Alex Perez's statement knockout takes $50K
  • MMAFighting.com : Charly Arnolt becomes first female UFC ring announcer after temporarily replacing Joe Martinez
  • MMAFighting.com : Charly Arnolt becomes first female UFC ring announcer after temporarily replacing ailing Joe Martinez
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perez Sleeps Nicolau With Insane One-Punch KO
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Fire hands’: Fighters react to Alex Perez’s brutal knockout win at UFC Vegas 91
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘I AM SHAKING!!’: Pros react to UFC Vegas 91 cage announcer madness
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 results: Alex Perez knocks out Matheus Nicolau with right hook
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez demolishes Matheus Nicolau with brutal one-punch knockout at UFC Vegas 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez demolishes Matheus Nicolau with brutal one-punch knockout in UFC Vegas 91 main event
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Dropping ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Matheus Nicolau full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Alex Perez's upset knockout of Matheus Nicolau at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Middle Easy : Alex Perez Blitzes Matheus Nicolau For Walk-Off KO – UFC Vegas 91 Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Results, Full Highlights Stream
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Lex Luthor knocked out Superman’: Pros react to Bogdan Guskov’s brutal finish of Ryan Spann
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Bogdan Guskov smash Ryan Spann with furious ground-and-pound knockout