Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,728  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,476
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 101

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,158  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,138
  • Post Score: 138

09.25.2021 | 1:55 PM ET

I bet a fifth of scotch he does mans a machine, too colorful to be oddsbots brother though.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,481  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9,092
  • Post Score: 300

09.25.2021 | 2:06 PM ET

Yes Chris, I think I do!  WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, all the Interims, European, British and a tonne of other national Champs.
I spend far too much time following fights!!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  40,875  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,250
  • Post Score: 283

09.25.2021 | 8:44 PM ET

@Xconchris

This page will give you an idea of just how ridiculous the sport is with it's "Champions". 

https://boxrec.com/en/champions

I like to think of myself as slightly more than a casual fan but off the top of my head, I wouldn't have been able to tell you who the IBF Super Bantamweight Champion was for instance.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.25.2021 | 8:55 PM ET

Murodjon Akhmadaliev 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.25.2021 | 8:58 PM ET

@Mikey1903

If it was anyone else than you, I'd have accused them of looking lol! Showoff!

* Edited at 09.25.2021, 8:59 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.25.2021 | 9:08 PM ET

Haha. 

Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 214

09.26.2021 | 2:37 PM ET

unless you're a die-hard fan of boxing, most people will care about the wbc belt, and the lineal belt.

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.26.2021 | 4:05 PM ET

@Rigno

You make a good point about trying to follow the lineage of each division as that gives you the best idea of who the proper champion is in terms of the history of the belt being handed down but that can also get pretty murky at times. My dad goes by whoever Ring magazine says is the Champion and I just make up my own mind as to who I think the Champion is. A sort of unofficial "Pink Belt Champion" if you will!

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,280  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

09.26.2021 | 4:09 PM ET

I've given up on trying to follow world titles holders/rankings tbh. Its probably never going to be as simple as mma.

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.26.2021 | 4:18 PM ET

@Cheese there's definitely far too many belts. People complain about UFC having a virtual monopoly on MMA which is true but if fighters were able to freelance and weren't contractually obligated to fight only in one promotion, and could fight in any number of them, you'd get the same issue in MMA too. There'd be bazillions of belts and an ensuing cherry-picking festival for all time.

The way the current market is structured means that in MMA, most of the time the best do fight the best in their primes. The price of that is that the labour relationship between the promotion and fighters is drastically unfair for fighters and massively favours the promotion. Removing contractual lock ins for fighters would mean they made more money (probably) and would severely limit the ability of UFC to leverage them, thus placing far more power in the hands of the fighters.

However, handing a person power does not mean they will use it well, and this is never more true than in a commercial context. Fighters would gain a lot more power, and the fans would see far less of the fights they wanted to see when they wanted to see them. Or more accurately, they will not use it in a way that the consumer base wants them to use it, because people will always exercise agency in such a way as to secure the best outcome for themselves, and this only occasionally aligns with the desired outcomes of others. 

So I suppose the moral of the story is that some things are inevitable, and people need to be careful what they wish for.

* Edited at 09.26.2021, 4:28 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.26.2021 | 5:03 PM ET

For boxing I'd say the Ring Magazine ranking is pretty solid. The no. 1 in these ranks here https://www.ringtv.com/ratings/ is the best in the world (of course rankings are always subjective). My only issue with Ring is that they sold a huge stake to Golden Boy Promotions, and you can see how that can be trouble. I have noticed that sometimes a Golden Boy prometed boxer sneaks into the top 10! I've noticed this is sometimes an issue with ESPN boxing rankings, sometimes a Top Rank (broadcast on ESPN) guy sneaks into the top 10!  But still, overall I'd say they're pretty solid.

After having said that though I remember who I would recommend as the place for completely unbiased boxing ranks. The Transnational Boxing Rankings.  No promoters involved, no journalists who work for Promotions, no belt organisations. Just honest ranks from over 50 members (all unaffiliated journalists and record keepers) 

https://tbrb.org/

If you want to see who the actual top boxers in every weight class are, regardless of belts and promotions, this is where I'd recommend. 

Or you could always ask me!!!! But I may be a little bias and convince you that Chocolatito is the greatest Flyweight ever to live, P4P no. 1 and no. 1 current Flyweight, Super Flyweight and Bantamweight all at the same time !!!  

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.26.2021 | 6:02 PM ET

Yeah, no doubt Ring is far and away the best. But I'll never forgive them for this ridiculous ********!

Roman is an absolute savage, never a dull moment! But I don't know if he fought Inoue now he'd beat him. Though I'd be rooting for him and he definitely could. That's ANOTHER fight that should have happened already and probably never will.

P4P is weird and it gets hard to think about because we'll never know if guys like Jimmy Wilde would have beaten the flyweights of today. But it's  safe to say that someone who KO'ed nearly 100 people or whatever would have had a shot. You know I used to own an antique boxing glove ( gifted it) that I won for a pittance on ebay with a snipe years ago. It was post 1950 because it was dyed. but whatever was in there wasn't foam. Not sure if it was horeshair or not, didn't feel like it but the **** would I know. Anyway,  when you handled it you could tell Boxing used to be a different deal. The leather was really really thick. I guess they didn't have the tech back thin to  make it as thin as they do now. And you could sure as **** move whatever was in there around VERY liberally, and it wouldn't have been hard to completely change the weighting or shimmy it totally off the knuckles in a way that just can't be done with injection-moulded padding today. 

And I bet they did, too. It would have been unpolicable. Like I say that was a post 50's glove and the ones older than that would have been even more basic. So I'm not saying these insane KO records like Ray Robinson's and  Wilde's are down to the gloves purely...but I'm not going to ******** and say I don't think it had a whoooole lot to do with it either, and if I had to lay money on it, I'd bet that if you put the current gen of boxers on those glorified leather hand wraps a lot more people would be getting knocked out today too.
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.26.2021 | 6:20 PM ET

Oooft!!!!
I forgot about that ********!!! Haha!! Crazy to remember back when Rousey was tossing ******* on their head, wss P4P no. 1 in MMA and Boxing (even without ever boxing she would have beaten Floyd easy!!!)
Wow!! Crazy.

Yeah I'm only kidding a little about Chocolatito, he's just a favourite of mine so I can sometimes over rate him a little. But, despite that, he is still an all time talent.

Comparing different generations of fighters is tough.  It's basically a different sport. From the gloves, the match making, the Mob, training, money. All these things. 

I try to rate fighters in the era they fought. Pre war, Pre Ali, Post Ali, 4 Kings/Tyson (80s/90s), 2000s and we are now entering a new era post 2020s 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

09.26.2021 | 6:24 PM ET

Boxing thread

Sorry, starting to turn this into a Boxing thread.  
I am going to open a Boxing thread. Ive thought about it before and I also had a few guys on here ask me to do it. 

So yeah, I'm not sure exactly what it'll be, but if anyone wants to talk boxing, ask me anything about anything boxing then come here
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/62869?page=1#post-971683

* Edited at 09.26.2021, 6:27 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.26.2021 | 6:32 PM ET

@Mikey1903

I'd love to follow the @Mikey1903's Postmodern Carnival of Boxing Insanity Thread!

EDIT: Typed that before you added the link, I'm subscribed now!

* Edited at 09.26.2021, 6:32 PM ET *

Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 214

09.27.2021 | 1:31 PM ET

update 14 days after last one: 4th degree brown belt.

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,043  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,534
  • Post Score: 108

09.27.2021 | 2:00 PM ET

Somebody please tell me they are watching The MMA Hour right now, Merab Dvalishvili is a fooking clown. So funny🤣🤣😭

-was telling story about Aljo riding a horse lollll

-was talking about how he busted his head open on a frozen lake then next day went back to the lake to ground and pound it

* Edited at 09.27.2021, 2:03 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,067  |  80.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,539
  • Post Score: 237

09.27.2021 | 6:05 PM ET

I was ****ting bricks when Dvalishvili got knocked down, he was an anchor on my parlays and I almost lost all my money

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,043  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,534
  • Post Score: 108

09.27.2021 | 6:07 PM ET

Btw can somebody update Dillon Danis record to 2-1 btw (obvi joking).🤣🤣😭, but that would be fooking comedy.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

09.27.2021 | 9:49 PM ET

So my 74.295691 shares UFC/WME stock is up a couple hundred dollars.

As part owner of the UFC i would like to see those real pay per view numbers :)

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Page 101

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headlining UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Cuadras out, Moloney vs Guevara set for May 12
  • Bad Left Hook : Carlos Cuadras out, Andrew Moloney vs Pedro Guevara set for May 12
  • MMAFighting.com : BTL: Whittaker vs. Chimaev, Moreno taking break, Dana hints at U.K. pay-per-view
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Whittaker vs. Chimaev, Moreno taking break, Dana White hints at U.K. pay-per-view
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL LIVE now