Tapology Forums

Why do people like Valentina Shevchenko and not find her fight boring

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,545
  • Post Score: 262

11.22.2020 | 5:03 AM ET

Legitimate question, Why do people don't ***** about her fight be boring, And she has some crazy fanboy. Her fights with Nunes, Carmouch and this fight with Maia was really Dull, And the rest was meh beside the Jessica Eye fight because that head kick was dope adamantly . Don't know anyone who get more leeway for being a dull, boring fighter. It confuse me, Can anyone plese explain why u like her fights or why you think others like her fights

* Edited at 11.22.2020, 5:09 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,980  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

11.22.2020 | 7:30 AM ET

Valentina finishes some fights and when you're the best in the world at a weight class you don't usually get as much flak for being boring.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.22.2020 | 10:01 AM ET

throw  Valentina in with Chris Weidman

* Edited at 11.22.2020, 10:05 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,316
  • Post Score: 285

11.22.2020 | 2:06 PM ET

OK, lets get the obvious reason out the way. She's hot. That's why she has so many simps following her.

As for actual fighting, its partly because she can get some good KO's (mostly trough continuous strikes through ground and pound) which is unusual for women's Flyweights. Most women's Flyweight fights end in either a submission or a decision so she offers something a bit different. I know I'm in the minority here but my favourite types of fights (this applies to the men's fights as well) are the grappling chess matches where almost all of the action is on the ground with the fighters attempting submissions and breaking their opponents attempts at submissions. This is why I enjoy watching the lower weight classes and WMMA in particular because they provide those types of fights more often and Valentina is very good on the ground as well as getting KO's so you never quite know how she's going to finish it. 

In short: she's probably the most interesting WMMA fighter to watch as she's got a good ground game and can also find KO's. 

* Edited at 11.22.2020, 2:07 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.22.2020 | 2:12 PM ET

Lipski is hot.

Valentina looks like Elmer Fudd. 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 2 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

11.22.2020 | 2:31 PM ET

Just appreciate the violence that the Lioness brings. Valentina is beating up soccer moms. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Nate Smith vs. Christian Ynastrilla - The fighters are being introduced by the announcer.
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Nate Smith 10% Christian Ynastrilla 90%
  • Nate "The Savage" Smith (7-4-0) CO, US is the #26th Pro Mens Bantamweight in US Midwest.
  • Christian Ynastrilla (10-4-0) FL, US is the #11th Pro Mens Flyweight in Florida.
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota