Tapology Forums

Reyes Definitely took the first 3. Here's the recount, I just rewatched it..

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.09.2020 | 6:56 PM ET

Round 1: Knee lands for reyes, body. Low kick for reyes. Low kick for reyes. Straight to the body for reyes. High kick by reyes, blocked. Soft thigh kick for Jones. Low kick check for jones.Soft thigh kick for jones. Two soft body shots for reyes off a shin clash. Soft hook to lo kick for reyes. Shin clash. Inside leg kick for reyes. Soft low kick for Jones. big counter straight left from reyes drops Jones. Jones shoots, stuffed, eats two follow up short hooks. Jones backing up, eats two solid straights. Jones on the fence, eats a straight to the body. Low kick for jones, heavy body shot for reyes. Heavy body kick for reyes. Big left hand for reyes. Body shot for Jones whiffs. Inside low kick for reyes. Two soft oblique kicks for reyes.Two heavy body kicks for reyes.Spinning kick for reyes, followed by short straight. Low kick for Jones. Low kick for reyes. Body kick for reyes. Left high kick whiffs for Jones.Right high kick lands for Jones, shoulder. 

10-9 Reyes.

Round 2: Two soft lunging body shots for reyes. Low kick for reyes. Heavy low kick for reyes, jones buckles. Body kick for reyes. Body kick for jones. Reyes marching forward swinging combinations, I'd say about half shots land, one heavy, rest soft. Jones running. Reyes lands two partially blocked shorts against the fence. Body kick from reyes. Soft body shot from reyes.Solid kick to the body from reyes. Heavy low kick from reyes. Two oblique kicks whiff for jones. Heavy body kick from reyes, jones returns with a straight that is blocked.Softest low kick you'll see lands for Jones.Reyes steps into throw a straight, jones touches his knee with a very soft kick. Leaping shovel pounces lands soft for reyes. Solid body shot from reyes.Very soft front kick to the knee for reyes. Left hook lands for Jones. Reyes returns a soft hook, partially lands. Front kick from Jones, lands on the arms. Soft counter jab for jones. Reyes with a double, one lands clean, one grazes. Overhand from Jones blocked. Body shot for reyes. Stiff jab for Jones, snaps reyes' head back. Solid low calf kick for reyes. Straight to the chest for Reyes, Jones throws a high kick that is blocked. Heavy inside low kick for Jones. BIG counter straight lands for Reyes.Heavy low kick for Reyes, Jones buckles.Slip hook whiffs for reyes. Overhand right grazes for reyes. Low kick to the thigh lands for Jones. Heavy side kick lands to for jones, midsection. BIG uppercut from Reyes as Jones tries to clinch, Jones covers up and retreats. Reyes follows it up with two lunging shovel punches that whiff. BIG low kick for reyes, Jones buckles.

10-9 Reyes.

Round 3: Huge high body kick landed by Reyes in the opening seconds followed by a straight that lands. leaping  left lands hard for reyes followed by a hard kick to the body. Right hand by Jones, reyes returns with another heavy body kick. Soft jab lands for jones. Two heavy low kicks for reyes. Soft right hook for reyes. Body kick for reyes. Soft spinning wheel kick for jones. Dig to the body from reyes. Low kick from reyes, heavy. Dig to the body and heavy uppercut from reyes. Low kick for reyes, high kick from Jones, blocked. Jones shoots, stuffed. Elbow over the top in  the clinch from reyes. Huged left hand to the body from reyes.Heavy body kick from reyes. Sliding hook from reyes to low kick.Soft body shot from reyes. Sliding hook from reyes, solid. Leaping knee from jones whiffs.

10-9 Reyes.

So yeah, Reyes should have gotten the nod comfortably. Jones was controlling the cage, but he was getting hit heavier and a lot more often.Please not I only designated any given blow soft, big or heavy in the instance that any shot was obviously either (caused either fighter to cover up, buckle, retreat, or were not noticed or at all acknowledged by either fighter) Indeterminate blows were not assigned a value. I was actually really surprised how dominant reyes was on the second viewing. Watching it live I thought it was much closer. When you pay attention and slow things down, Jones actually misses a lot of strikes, especially low kicks, and the low kicks he does land heavily are quite rare. A lot of what I thought Jones landed live were actually misses. His length and distance make it hard to read in the moment, I am not surprised the Judges gave it to him.

I'm going to say it; Reyes got ****** over here. There's no doubt it my mind at this point that Reyes won that fight, and really, when you watch it closely, the first three rounds were not close at all.

* Edited at 02.09.2020, 7:50 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 2 hours, and 34 minutes from now.

Responses

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

02.09.2020 | 8:18 PM ET

Well done
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.09.2020 | 8:51 PM ET

Thanks pie. Although there's probably no point making posts like this because people just have the mentality " I knowz wut I sawz" and just assume they are right without even bothering to rewatch the fight.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 2 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

02.09.2020 | 9:15 PM ET

Well thats the funny thing, judges and us score as we see things happening

I know I saw round 1&2, 4&5 pretty clear cut

Round 3 was to me a hinge, but I still saw Reyes lighting up Jones on the feet and popping up right away after the td and a strike upon the break

I can’t count the td nor Jones backing Reyes up more than the significant strikes Jones Received from Reyes 

I don’t know if it was a robbery, but 49-46 is absolute bs plus the fact that 2 judges gave round 2 to jones is ******
Seanshelby
Seanshelby
  • Predictions:  8,556  |  76.7%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 221

02.09.2020 | 10:08 PM ET

I had Reyes rounds 1-3, Jones rounds 4 and 5. 48-47 unanimous decision Reyes.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

02.10.2020 | 8:46 AM ET

Can a mod please merge all these threads. We already have a discussion thread on said topic. Thanks. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 30

02.10.2020 | 8:09 PM ET

@loudenSwain

Why not just leave it as a forum post? It doesn't bother people.

"Adorable little tough guy" - loudenSwain aka the sus gay bottom drunk guy

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 8:47 PM ET

It is a forum post either way. 

Why not just post same discussion topics in the same thread. Easier to find that way. 

That said, mostly my love of sarcasm, ****ing around and overall entertainment value. 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.10.2020 | 8:54 PM ET

I posted a separate thread because I didn't want some wankstain (not you) burying a post that took me an hour to make under ridiculous low-effort ********.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 8:59 PM ET

Yea, I figured you know my “handle via pm” and “merge thread” posts are mostly me just Fn around. I couldn’t care less. 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.10.2020 | 9:04 PM ET

This site does need PM IMO.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 9:07 PM ET

Definitely it does, IMO. 

Ps.  Those rounds were still close though. <3

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

02.10.2020 | 11:08 PM ET

@loudenSwain

Ok sure. In your own words you're pretty much saying you're a low key troll. But with all due respect it seems weird. You even went into my forum post with what seem to be you looking for attention. Going off on a limb but we're all at least 18 + and most of us are guys. 

Point is it seems like you're trying to get grown mens attention all the time and it's sus to say the least. Do you think think that's weird or is that something you're used too?

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.10.2020 | 11:11 PM ET

lol concrete swain and I go back and forth all the time. Well not all the time, but it happens enough. I like swain, we just both have strong opinions.
ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

02.10.2020 | 11:16 PM ET

@ImperatorFishrat

I'll take your word for it. But it still seems a bit sus though.

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 11:25 PM ET

Concrete, I like to joke and tease, yes. I don’t take anything, certainly not interweb forums or myself that seriously. If that’s trolling, shack me up under the bridge my guy. 

Also I’m definitely a weird dude and a strange brew. I’m most likely older than yourself. 

I’m unsure what you mean when you say I went in to your forum posts?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are you questioning my sexuality? What’s that got to do with anything? Or are you interested because then I get it. But nah I’m not interested but thanks for the attention. 

Why do I concern you so though, cupcake?

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

02.10.2020 | 11:32 PM ET

@loudenSwain

That didn't really explain much. I'm just asking why are you trying to get the attention of other grown men and you start to get hysterical.

2020 be sus if you want. Not really judging just asking. 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 11:32 PM ET

Does anyone else think sus sounds like a ***** thing to say?  Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Also...all due respect and everything 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

02.10.2020 | 11:35 PM ET

You said it, I think it’s hysterical. 

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

02.10.2020 | 11:37 PM ET

@loudenSwain

I'm just saying you're acting sus and now it's just pure irony for you to ask what's "*****" and what's not. If you want another mans attention whatever. If you don't like being asked the question then stop doing it. 

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

02.10.2020 | 11:38 PM ET

@loudenSwain 

I can see that. You're showing it all on your hysterical rants

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Kendra McIntyre vs. Katarina Legorreta - The fight is over! Round 3 finish!
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Katarina Legorreta 69% Kendra McIntyre 31%
  • Katarina Legorreta (2-1-0) CA, US is the #30th Womens Pound for Pound in US West.
  • Kendra McIntyre (3-1-0) CO, US is the #142nd Womens Pound for Pound in United States.
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota