Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

Vitor Belfort signs with ONE Championship.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  4,484  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,611
  • Post Score: 122

02.28.2019 | 10:29 PM ET

Eh gad. I was really hoping he'd hang em' up.
I don't want ONE going down the path of Bellator.

ONE Championship has added another former world champion to the roster.

“The Phenom” Vitor Belfort signed a contract to fight for the Singapore-based promotion Thursday, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting. He is expected to be introduced at a ONE media day in Las Vegas. ESPN’s Ariel Helwani was the first to report the news.

The legendary former UFC light heavyweight champion and UFC 12 tournament winner is the latest in a splashy string of roster signings, which have included free-agent deals with former UFC and Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and up-and-coming star Sage Northcutt; and a trade which brought former UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson into the fold. ONE also signed retired former UFC and Strikeforce bantamweight titleholder Miesha Tate in a vice-president role.

Belfort (26-14, 1 NC), who turns 42 years old on April 1, made his pro debut in 1996. He had three separate runs in the UFC, and has also appeared everywhere from PRIDE to Strikeforce to Affliction MMA. He defeated Randy Couture for the UFC light heavyweight belt via first-round TKO due to a fluke eyelid injury at UFC 46, then lost the title back to Couture in a rematch at UFC 49.

Belfort’s final UFC run went from 2009 through last year. He was 2-3 with a no-contest in his last six fights, and he announced his retirement following a KO loss to Lyoto Machida at UFC 224. But given Belfort had frequently talked about continuing fighting in some form after his UFC contract ended, few were surprised when Belfort announced in December that his retirement was ending.

"Cage Warriors 95: 1/12."

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce
  • Predictions:  21,001  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,531
  • Post Score: -7

02.28.2019 | 10:44 PM ET

TRT is being mainlined into his bloodstream as we speak 

"Its even louder in the silence "

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.28.2019 | 10:55 PM ET

I'm not even sure TRT can help him at this stage TBH. Will be interesting to see though.

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  47,579  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  316
  • Post Score: 147

03.01.2019 | 12:03 AM ET

Vitor is back people, the pharmacy is open and he bout to kill everyone.

"Fortune favors the bold."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  9,315  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  608
  • Post Score: 160

03.01.2019 | 12:19 AM ET

Dont give a ****, roided Vitor is one of the most exciting fighters ever and now we get 1 to 2 years more
jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  47,579  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  316
  • Post Score: 147

03.01.2019 | 1:02 AM ET

**** YES PIE, **** YES!!!

"Fortune favors the bold."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.01.2019 | 1:15 AM ET

haha, great to see the mad Brazilian getting some love! Say what you want about Vitor but he ALWAYS turned up to kill or be killed. A true fighter in every sense of the term and prhaps my favorite of the old guard. Never a dull moment.

And he sent ****hold to Disneyland, so y'know....I'm a fan for life.I was hoping he'd ride away into the sunset as he's earned it, but if it has to go on... Get back on the sauce, turn yourself back into a xenomorph and start clubbing people to death you bloodthirsty lunatic. I'll watch.

* Edited at 03.01.2019, 1:18 AM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  2,305  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 74

03.01.2019 | 6:59 PM ET

I'm not a fan of the way One is turning recently, looks more like Bellator. 

"Don't live in the fear, live in the moment!"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  69,800  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,557
  • Post Score: 21

03.01.2019 | 7:17 PM ET

Supps Vitor Run was maybe my favorite run by a fighter i wish he had won the belt, sorry to the guys he rampaged on while high on supps though

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my Glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  69,800  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,557
  • Post Score: 21

03.01.2019 | 7:18 PM ET

Vitor vs Sage! get Sage some supps though

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my Glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : John Kavanagh confirms Dillon Danis knee injury, unsure about rehab or surgery
  • MMA Junkie : Daily Debate: Did Chael Sonnen and Fedor Emelianenko make right career moves at Bellator 222?
  • MMAFighting.com : Paulo Costa says ex-trainer attempted to blackmail him with IV video
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 222 medical suspensions: Dantas, Pico, Sonnen get longest terms
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, June 18: Kyoji Horiguchi bumps Conor McGregor
  • MMA Weekly : BAD BLOOD, GOOD BUSINESS: The Story of Rivalries Fueling the Biggest Fights
  • MMA Junkie : Stream or download MMA Junkie Radio #2942 with Lyoto Machida, Rob Font, Brian Butler
  • MMA Weekly : New UFC APEX facility launches with Dana White’s Contender Series
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Hernandez vs. Francisco Trinaldo set for UFC on ESPN 4 in San Antonio
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Anderson Silva’s son scores TKO win in muay thai debut
  • MMA Junkie : Rob Font looking for shot at redemption vs. John Lineker at UFC Greenville
  • MMA Junkie : Video, photos: UFC launches new Apex facility in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Rewind: Bellator 222 edition
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Anthony Birchak, top prospect Nohelin Hernandez headline LFA 72 in Phoenix
  • MMAFighting.com : James Gallagher sympathizes with Aaron Pico: ‘You can’t kick a man while he’s down’
  • UFC.com : UFC Greenville: Fight by Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Catch up with Bellator London's Erick Silva ahead of Paul Daley fight
  • UFC.com : Crowder's Best Yet To Come
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Askren believes he could jump over Colby Covington with win at UFC 239
  • UFC.com : UFC Apex Officially Opens In Las Vegas