Tapology Forums

Vitor Belfort signs with ONE Championship.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.28.2019 | 10:29 PM ET

Eh gad. I was really hoping he'd hang em' up.
I don't want ONE going down the path of Bellator.

ONE Championship has added another former world champion to the roster.

“The Phenom” Vitor Belfort signed a contract to fight for the Singapore-based promotion Thursday, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting. He is expected to be introduced at a ONE media day in Las Vegas. ESPN’s Ariel Helwani was the first to report the news.

The legendary former UFC light heavyweight champion and UFC 12 tournament winner is the latest in a splashy string of roster signings, which have included free-agent deals with former UFC and Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and up-and-coming star Sage Northcutt; and a trade which brought former UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson into the fold. ONE also signed retired former UFC and Strikeforce bantamweight titleholder Miesha Tate in a vice-president role.

Belfort (26-14, 1 NC), who turns 42 years old on April 1, made his pro debut in 1996. He had three separate runs in the UFC, and has also appeared everywhere from PRIDE to Strikeforce to Affliction MMA. He defeated Randy Couture for the UFC light heavyweight belt via first-round TKO due to a fluke eyelid injury at UFC 46, then lost the title back to Couture in a rematch at UFC 49.

Belfort’s final UFC run went from 2009 through last year. He was 2-3 with a no-contest in his last six fights, and he announced his retirement following a KO loss to Lyoto Machida at UFC 224. But given Belfort had frequently talked about continuing fighting in some form after his UFC contract ended, few were surprised when Belfort announced in December that his retirement was ending.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 1 hour, and 26 minutes from now.

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.28.2019 | 10:44 PM ET

TRT is being mainlined into his bloodstream as we speak 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 4 days, 14 hours, and 41 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.28.2019 | 10:55 PM ET

I'm not even sure TRT can help him at this stage TBH. Will be interesting to see though.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 1 hour, and 26 minutes from now.
jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  92,901  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  409
  • Post Score: 233

03.01.2019 | 12:03 AM ET

Vitor is back people, the pharmacy is open and he bout to kill everyone.

"Fortune favors the bold."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,807  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,620
  • Post Score: 279

03.01.2019 | 12:19 AM ET

Dont give a ****, roided Vitor is one of the most exciting fighters ever and now we get 1 to 2 years more
jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  92,901  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  409
  • Post Score: 233

03.01.2019 | 1:02 AM ET

**** YES PIE, **** YES!!!

"Fortune favors the bold."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.01.2019 | 1:15 AM ET

haha, great to see the mad Brazilian getting some love! Say what you want about Vitor but he ALWAYS turned up to kill or be killed. A true fighter in every sense of the term and prhaps my favorite of the old guard. Never a dull moment.

And he sent ****hold to Disneyland, so y'know....I'm a fan for life.I was hoping he'd ride away into the sunset as he's earned it, but if it has to go on... Get back on the sauce, turn yourself back into a xenomorph and start clubbing people to death you bloodthirsty lunatic. I'll watch.

* Edited at 03.01.2019, 1:18 AM ET *

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,141  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,260
  • Post Score: 189

03.01.2019 | 6:59 PM ET

I'm not a fan of the way One is turning recently, looks more like Bellator. 

"Never go down without a fight"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.01.2019 | 7:17 PM ET

Supps Vitor Run was maybe my favorite run by a fighter i wish he had won the belt, sorry to the guys he rampaged on while high on supps though

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.01.2019 | 7:18 PM ET

Vitor vs Sage! get Sage some supps though

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Jermall Charlo charged with DWI and fleeing after crashing Lamborghini
  • UFC.com : Last Time In St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Billy Goff Is Willing To Take The Risks
  • MMA Mania : White Accused Of Betting On NFL During Boring Bout