Topic: Anderson Silva

Ed Soares: Anderson Silva Only Has Around Four Fights Left, Sonnen Should Be Back Of The Line.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

10.14.2011 | 12:35 AM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 5

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

10.15.2011 | 6:23 PM ET

I don't understand why anyone would want to be an Anderson Silva fan, but I don't let it get to me.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

10.15.2011 | 6:26 PM ET

I DO want to see the Sonnen rematch, but not now with only Brian Stann under his new streak. Let Silva heal, and give him Bisping, assuming he wins against Miller. In the meantime, get Shields in the MW division, and let Sonnen fight one or two more times before a shot. Then he can be the second fight. Then Shields. And finally, GSP. 

Some might want a Hendo rematch, but I see him staying at 205 for the rest of his career, not wanting to make that cut at his age. 

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.15.2011 | 6:27 PM ET

Anderson never stirs up **** or goes personal with someone that he is fighting.  Unless it's someone like Vitor who has had a conflict in the past with.  Anderson did nothing to Chael except choke him out much like 3 or 4 other fighters did.  He does it so he will get a shot at the title again and so people will know his name.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

10.15.2011 | 6:32 PM ET

I will say that if Sonnen wasn't a cheater, liar, and hypocrite, I'd be more inclined to be a fan, because his schtick is entertaining.  I just can't get past the whole cheating and lying thing.

* Edited at 10.15.2011, 6:32 PM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.15.2011 | 6:40 PM ET

From what I understand though, Chael wouldn't have been suspended for anything if he would have filled out the right paperwork and turned it in on time. 

Or was that Marquardt?

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.15.2011 | 6:51 PM ET

in my opinion bisping versus silva would be a total waste of time.  stylistically, bisping is probably the most ill-suited of the divisional contenders to oppose silva, because he is a technical striker who lacks power.

sonnen is, i think, clearly the match to make.  there will be a major difference of opinion heading in as to who the favorite should be. 

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.15.2011 | 6:58 PM ET

Well yeah, Bisping would get destroyed, but still. He's 11-3 in the UFC with a 21-3 record. Two decision losses to Rashad and Wanderlei, and the H-Bomb loss. I'm just looking down the route of not recycling contenders. Bisping is honestly at the top of the division of those who haven't gotten that shot yet. 

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.15.2011 | 7:33 PM ET

i'd like to see bisping-palhares in a number one contender's match if bisping gets past mayhem.  both have three losses overall and neither has fought for the title.  meanwhile, it gives some time for vitor to heal up; for hendo to try and beat shogun; and for sonnen to rematch silva.

my prediction in that one: rousimar tears his leg off and brings it back to the cave with him to roast on the fire.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.15.2011 | 8:24 PM ET

Paul Harris? Ehh. No thanks. His biggest win is Miller, and a win over Bisping shouldn't catapult you to Silva. He needs to start fighting top names though, I will say that. Good fighter, but not at the top yet

I also think your forgetting about Maia. 

TJ Combo
TJ Combo
  • Predictions:  2,896  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  310
  • Post Score: 130

10.15.2011 | 8:49 PM ET

"chael dominated anderson for 4.5 rds"

he brought it to anderson, so i will give him respect for that. but in the end he lost. he tapped. he quit, as he has numerous times in his career. you have top control for 4 rounds, 360 strikes, and you cant finish? why would you brag about that? who talks trash for ALMOST winning a fight? thats not a victory. any real champion would be wondering how they could improve on that performance.

thats like bragging about ALMOST hooking up with a chick. "yeah man, i was about to take her home. but another guy jumped in and scooped her up. I ALMOST got with her. I'm the man!" 

* Edited at 10.15.2011, 8:49 PM ET *

"Life is simple, perish or you own it. Bury your opponent, and cherish every moment. -Madchild"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.15.2011 | 8:56 PM ET

If Anderson has only 4 fights left, I'd like to see him fight GSP, Sonnen, Jon Jones and a heavy-weight.  Maybe Junior Dos Santos.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.15.2011 | 9:18 PM ET

Oh bill.

Realistically we can forget about silva fighting Jones. He will defend against chael, then fight GSP. If he wins against GSP i could see him retiring then and there.

* Edited at 10.15.2011, 9:22 PM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

10.15.2011 | 9:21 PM ET

You want to see 185 Anderson Silva fight his friend and training partner, #2 heavyweight Dos Santos?

* Edited at 10.15.2011, 9:22 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.15.2011 | 9:29 PM ET

A HW?

This, coming from the man who loves his legitimacy? 

What good reason is there for him to go and do that? He doesn't need to fight at 265 to prove he's the best. Just like how GSP not fighting at even MW doesn't count against him being one of the best. The best way for Silva to end his career fighting the absolute cream of the crop is to play the UFC game. 

Wait no, there is no exhibition or free weight option.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.15.2011 | 9:30 PM ET

what like the ufc video game?

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.15.2011 | 9:35 PM ET

Correctamundo 

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.15.2011 | 10:40 PM ET

In MMA, it is rare for a fighter to retire after a win.  Even a big win.  I can't see Anderson Silva beating GSP and walking away.  I think that would encourage him to continue. 

I don't envision Anderson going to 265.  But I can see him fight at 220.  If I were Dana White, I'd accede to GSP's requests and give Georges about 3 months to gain the needed 10-15 lbs. to make the move up to MW. 

And I'd ask Anderson to play it cool in the meantime.  Then, the world could finally see the GSP/Silva superfight.  After that, I'd schedule Anderson to rematch with Chael Sonnen.  These 2 fights should satisfy even the hardest hardcore fan.   

Anything after that would be gravy.  I'd love to see Anderson move up to LHW to challenge Jon Jones, but I would doubt if he would do that.  He might but that's not the way to bet.  Honestly, I think he's a little afraid of Bones.  I think he's as much in awe of Jones' tools as the rest of the world, except Rashad Evans. 

I don't really expect Anderson Silva to ever fight at HW, and I agree he does not have to put that icing on his legacy.  I was just saying that would have been one of my whims if I were king of the world.  I didn't mean to take anyone's breath away by such audacity.  I was just being a fan star-gazing into the serene night sky.

I suggested Junior Dos Santos because he is one of the smaller HWs.  I think he weighs around 230, and I could see Anderson fighting at 220 or thereabouts.  At that level, 20 lbs. means less than at the lower divisions.  I forgot that they were tight buds.  I really am annoyed at this team mates not fighting team mates attitude.  I feel that is unprofessional.  And I know that sooner or later, Dana will put his foot down when it gets in the way of him running his business.  

* Edited at 10.15.2011, 10:48 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

10.15.2011 | 10:52 PM ET

1) Silva has pondered retirement for quite some time now. Maybe your point is proven here, but I think he's getting BORED with the sport and it's lack of competition. And he is getting old. I see maybe 3 years at most coming out of The Spider.

2) GSP has had PLENTY of time to put on the pounds "correctly". If I recall, it's been at least a year. He won't fight Silva at 185 until he weighs as much as Brock Lesnar. 

3) Him moving up to CHALLENGE Bones? That's crazy. Kings don't challenge, they get challenged. Why does Silva need to chase Bones?

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

10.16.2011 | 1:31 AM ET

Silva needs to chase Jones because Silva already stated that he knows Jones would beat him.

And if he truly grows the balls to fight Jones (don't count on it), he'll have to challenge the new MMA kingpin.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.16.2011 | 1:59 AM ET

Anderson has done everything an amazing fighter should do in their career.  Anderson could hang em up today and I would be perfectly okay with that decision.  Or maybe the day after he destroys Chael.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results, 10 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 14 Results: Salt Papi vs. Amadeusz Ferrari
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Lomachenko vs. Kambosos Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘Future Looks Bright’ For TJ Dillashaw
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Results: Lewis vs. Nascimento
  • MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis previews ADXC 4 headliner: Marc Diakiese 'tough opposition, but I'm more than ready'
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Predicts Poirier’s Guillotine Demise
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch LFA's best fight finishes from April 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ In WWE?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL CEO Pete Murray: Jake Paul will make 'biggest MMA debut ever' likely in 2025
  • MMA Mania : Video! Lomachenko, Kambosos Share Awkward Three-Minute Faceoff
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Official Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Weigh-In Stream, Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis preview show: Will Derrick Lewis deliver another emphatic knockout? 
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC on ESPN 56 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, Joaquin Buckley's money, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia poster released featuring Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Inks New BKFC Ownership Deal
  • UFC.com : Sean Woodson Wants To Make A Statement At Home