Topic: Roberts vs. Enkamp

Roberts vs. Enkamp

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,583  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

02.19.2018 | 1:58 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Roberts vs. Enkamp. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

The GOAT
The GOAT
  • Predictions:  555  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 79

02.19.2018 | 1:58 AM ET

Prediction: correct Roberts   wrong Decision  

Dan Rob

"My weight is not enough and my strength is not enough, so I have to take the fight by mastery" - Fedor Emelianenko

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

03.08.2018 | 8:27 AM ET

Have to go with the more proven guy but I'll be rooting hard for the Swede

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.08.2018 | 6:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Enkamp   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I've watched a bit of tape on Enkamp and I think he takes this in an upset. He's primarily a karate-based striker who keeps his opponent at range with spinning attacks and uses these to get his opponent against the cage where he proceeds to spam the TD which he does usually hit. Doesn't switch from orthodox kind of...ever. He's basically a considerably worse version of GSP but doesn't have a jab, definitely doesn't scramble as well, and is considerably slower everywhere

.At least, that's who he seems to have modeled himself off. He does have a  strong plum though and is good in the clinch.His striking is not varied, and he almost never throws straights which is weird for a karate guy. He's content to wait for the opportunity to land a left hook, which is his go-to.His striking defense is listed as 35% but I think that's a bad statistic, he takes a lot of grazes and shots on the shoulders but seems to slip most of the hard stuff.

He is decent off his back but not remarkable and does tend to get swept and reversed when he shouldn't. Good chin, he got cracked by a respectable left hook by Taleb and seemed unfazed by it. Roberts is a big puncher though. He will have better cardio than Roberts, and will be hard for roberts to read.

I think he wins this either by UD or by leg triangle in a bit of a boring fight.

* Edited at 03.08.2018, 7:48 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 7 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,974  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,090
  • Post Score: 125

03.09.2018 | 1:55 AM ET

Admittedly I haven't seen anything of Enkamp outside of his UFC debut against Taleb. I think he took that on relatively short notice and looked pretty impressive. This is a hard one to pick based on that, but I'm sure Roberts is driven to redeem himself back in England. Roberts is very underrated on the ground. He's good off his back when the fight goes there and is active with submission attempts. Enkamp is still young in his career and hasn't fought anyone with the experience and well rounded attack that Roberts presents. The only question mark I have is Roberts chin being put away pretty bad against Perry and Taleb. Think Roberts takes the win though.
Crayz
Crayz
  • Predictions:  2,078  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 320

03.09.2018 | 7:50 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Enkamp   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Enkamp looked really impressive against Taleb, if I remember rightly he was quite flashy, throwing some crazy leg kicks. I think he catches Roberts here, with something real clean and sends him to sleep. Enkamp to get his first UFC win in London!

"💰🌆"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

03.14.2018 | 10:07 AM ET

They like Roberts, this is probably booked as a rebound.
AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

03.16.2018 | 12:50 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Enkamp   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I like the up and coming prospect Enkamp to catch a submission in the 2nd round. Nice value on betting Enkamp as a dog too.

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

TheRealMMA
TheRealMMA
  • Predictions:  2,073  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

03.17.2018 | 10:00 AM ET

Prediction: correct Roberts   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door