Topic: Ferguson vs. Lee

Ferguson vs. Lee

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

08.15.2017 | 11:02 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Ferguson vs. Lee. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

08.15.2017 | 11:02 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   correct Submission   correct Round 3  

Khabib is still out. Ferguson vs. Lee for the Interim belt in October.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

08.15.2017 | 11:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   wrong Decision  

ANOTHER INTERIM TITLE?!? 

Whatever happened to #1 contender fights?  Is it now verbotten to make that kind of fight anymore?  Like I understand the creation of an interim title if there is a situation like with Dominick Cruz and all.  That is okay and absolutely acceptable.  But now, interim titles are turning into the participation trophy for MMA.  It's getting to the point now that the Pride victory trophies they handed to the winner of every fight in Pride FC are more valuable than a UFC belt.  I am honestly starting to wonder if I send in enough of my Wheaties box tabs in the mail, that I could have the chance to win interim belt. That is how ridiculous this interim belt fiasco is getting.  A championship belt is valued the way it is for a reason.  It is to signify that you are one of the elite to ever compete in the sport and it is high time the UFC start treating it that way again.

* Edited at 08.15.2017, 11:32 PM ET *

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.16.2017 | 12:59 AM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

lol RIP kevin lee
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 day, 15 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,282  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

08.16.2017 | 8:56 AM ET

I cannot forget how easily Leanardo Santos beat Lee. Tony should easily take this, I see him knocking Lee out within the first round.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,075  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

08.16.2017 | 9:11 AM ET

I know he's a much improved fighter but Tony did get totally out wrestled and win a ******** split decision against Danny Castillo,initiated most of the wrestling in that fight himself against the chinny Castillo in one of the worst examples of fight IQ I have seen.He used to let his opponents dictate where the fight went like Castillo wrestling,Johnson standing when he had a huge ground advantage,but he's much better about it now.I'll probably pick Tony cause there's still some questions about Lee but an upset wouldn't surprise me one bit,I might even take Lee he's been a monster lately and I did pick Lee over Chiesa,Trinaldo and almost all his fights.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

08.16.2017 | 11:10 AM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 3  

@Greenhornet I'm not a big fan of interim titles but there is a reasonable concern that Conor won't return to defend his belt after the Maywhether payday. The reason we have seen so many interim titles lately is because of Conor moving weight divisions and Bisping holding out for the GSP fight and then getting injured. I think some fighters have been trying power plays and the response has been an interim title.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

08.16.2017 | 12:04 PM ET

@bigj

Oh I know why it is being done. I am just sick of the UFC continuously finding a way to shoot themselves in the foot and not keep their champions in line.  As much as Woodley blew his chance of getting a big pay day with GSP, the fact that they can allow Bisping to weasel out of a title defense against Whittaker (and before that, Romero) is pathetic.  Add on the fact that they allow Conor to fight at whatever weight class he is in the mood to fight in and never defend his title, as well as allow him to adventure into a sport he hasn't participated in beyond the amateur level, and Dana White and WME-IMG look like a bunch of hypocritical bastards that don't give a **** about building up the sport anymore and are only in it to turn a quick dollar on a bunch of suckers that are the casual combat sports fans.

"..."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,556  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

08.16.2017 | 2:31 PM ET

Bigj, that is the UFCs fault for letting Conor do that.  It may benefit them in the short run but not long run.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

08.16.2017 | 3:38 PM ET

I don't blame Conor for taking the fight he is just getting paid. UFC do need to keep Conor happy and they aren't going to do that by making him take meaningful fights for less money. We also have to blame fans who don't care about anyone not named McGregor or Rousey and the only way to get them remotley interested is to have a title on the line. I've seen so many posts around the web complaining how much they don't care about all these great fighters who should have a bigger following. UFC has built certain fighters to a level where the UFC is forced to make compromises now. UFC is falling more and more into the boxing model and it's a little sad. Fighters will make more money but not in the way most fans hoped. More and More money will gravitate towards the top and many great fighters who have flat personalities will get left in the lurch. Kevin Lee actually figured it out. Respecting your opponent and classic martial art ideas of honor is for suckers. If you don't make noise you don't get noticed.

UFC is just trying to keep the divisions moving while their money makers are making that money elsewhere.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.16.2017 | 7:19 PM ET

I don't mind this at all, Conor is doing his thing and they need to move on with lightweight. Plus Tony deserves his rightful interim belt after Khabib got out of the fight by over-eating.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 day, 15 hours, and 54 minutes from now.
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,186  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,264
  • Post Score: 189

08.16.2017 | 9:55 PM ET

Lee get a title shoot ***?

One of the best match-up for Lee, Ferguson sometime take to much risk so Lee can capitalize on it and get a sub! But If Ferguson is cautious, it should be done easy!

Khabib should move up a wieght class....

"Never go down without a fight"

subexpert
subexpert
  • Predictions:  1,907  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 143

08.16.2017 | 11:07 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lee   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Kevin Lee by RNC.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,556  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

08.17.2017 | 1:10 PM ET

Of all the fighters to give a shot they give it to Lee.  Great choice. 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

08.17.2017 | 10:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   correct Submission   correct Round 3  

I actually like this fight. I'm not convinced that Tony will blow Kevin out of the water. I'm leaning towards Tony, but I'm not as sure he's going to win this fight. On the other hand, I was convinced that Tony was going to put Khabib away.

I say if Kevin is going to win, he has to do it within the first 2 rounds. Otherwise, Tony can weaponize his pace to put away Keving. After Tony's performance in Mexico, I don't think anyone would outlast Tony.

"Where are my shoes?"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

08.17.2017 | 10:42 PM ET

The UFC are deleting posts about this fight on their various social media platforms. It seems they're having remorse about booking this fight as a PPV headliner.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Icantbreath
Icantbreath
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -100

08.18.2017 | 2:36 AM ET

They got themselves a fight. 

"Just because the dog is tied to the pole, doesn't mean he can't bark at the cars"

Katzengott
Katzengott
  • Predictions:  724  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 32

09.27.2017 | 6:50 AM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   correct Submission   wrong Round 4  

El Cucuy will drag a durable Lee into deep waters and finish late.
Leto1776
Leto1776
  • Predictions:  716  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 45

09.28.2017 | 10:31 AM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Lee is a rising star, but I think Ferguson is a step too high for him at this time.

"I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence" Ricky Bobby

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,925  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

10.01.2017 | 7:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct Ferguson   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,988  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,380
  • Post Score: 40

10.03.2017 | 1:40 PM ET

kevin lee has beaten good fighters, but nobody as dynamic as tony. i don't think he's on the same level standing and i think tony can scramble out of td attempts.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Luiza Monteiro Announces Retirement At IBJJF World Championship 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Nicholas Meregali Proposes His Own Event To 4 Other Competitors
  • Jits Magazine : Joao Gabriel Rocha Announced For Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: BMF Holloway Vs. Chandler? ‘The Show Must Go On!’ Even With Missing Mac
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Matthews hates decision wins like UFC 302, but wants a test vs. Neil Magny
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : No Time For BS! Harrison ‘Carried PFL On My Back’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC CEO Dana White reveals next BMF title fight is being worked on
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Releases Statement Following Press Event Cancelation, Ariel Helwani Sheds Additional Light on the Situation
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland blames 'awkward' UFC 302 fight on Paulo Costa: 'What the f*ck are we doing here?'
  • MMA Mania : Usman And Poirier Would ‘Push Each Other To The Brink’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier urges Dustin Poirier not to retire after UFC 302: 'He's got a lot of money to be made'
  • MMAFighting.com : Randy Brown reveals he ‘destroyed’ foot barely 1 minute into UFC 302: ‘That’s my luck’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Believes Dustin Poirier Has Plenty Left in the Gas Tank: ‘He Can Do This For a Long Time’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexa Grasso perplexed by Valentina Shevchenko's claim of theme change for UFC 306 at Sphere
  • UFC.com : Meet TUF Coach Valentina Shevchenko | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Valentina Shevchenko Talks TUF 32 | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Mania : Reports, Speculation Signal McGregor ‘Minor Injury’
  • UFC.com : Meet TUF Coach Alexa Grasso | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Daniel Rodriguez Banking On UFC ‘War’ With Kelvin Gastelum: ‘The Bigger The Name…’