Topic: Anderson Silva

Who thinks Anderson Silva will just wreck Sonnen next time they fight?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.29.2011 | 7:59 AM ET

I actually like sonnen's smack talk but if they ever fight again i think for the first time in a long time silva would close the distance fast and just lay a beatdown on sonnen. he would not wait to be taken down. usually andy likes to "time" most of his opponents but i think he would be on the offensive right from the get -go of this fight when or if it happens. your thoughts?
Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

12to6elbows
12to6elbows
  • Predictions:  2,786  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 183

09.01.2011 | 5:58 PM ET

I don't think Silva will completely smash him, however I do have Silva winning a little earlier in the fight.
JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

09.01.2011 | 6:29 PM ET

@redkayak have you seen the last few chael sonnen fights? and they way he has ******* mauled everyone in his path? (including anderson silva) he is the best MW in the world and if he could get some submission defense then he would no doubt have beaten silva and would be chamion right now

if he trains that for the next fight he will tear through silva

"Is reality really realistic?"

HeGotClipped
HeGotClipped
  • Predictions:  1,080  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 143

09.01.2011 | 10:52 PM ET

i think anderson would definitely find some olympic wrestlers and just train takedown defense and flying knees ect.. hed want to prove that he was injured and embarass sonnen..

none of us will know what really happened during that fight.. silva fans say rib injury or possom.

sonnen fans say silva got his ass beat

the rematch will tell the tale

haugemachine25
haugemachine25
  • Predictions:  940  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  380
  • Post Score: 233

09.01.2011 | 11:03 PM ET

Im sure silva will win again.
i really dont think sonnen will be the guy to take the belt.
but i can see him losing the title fairly soon

"None of you are safe ."

good69
good69
  • Predictions:  53  |  41.5%
  • Forum Posts:  128
  • Post Score: 53

09.02.2011 | 4:19 PM ET

@ hegotclipped i will for once agree the fight will tell but hopefully chael wil win 
good69
good69
  • Predictions:  53  |  41.5%
  • Forum Posts:  128
  • Post Score: 53

09.02.2011 | 4:21 PM ET

i got a feelin that silva will be arrogant and wont work takedown defence and it will be closly the same fight but a little closer and not as big a ass kickin
Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

09.02.2011 | 5:41 PM ET

I always want cheats and criminals to win, it's only right. :/

"I Get Better."

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

09.02.2011 | 9:07 PM ET

right? everyone who says anything about sonnen winning gets thumbs down haha

i think chael just really knows how to win

you could tell that in every fight anderson has fought in except the chael fight everyon has been scared to make a move on him its was soo noticable where has chael is not the least bit scared chael sonnen knows how to beat anderson and he will the next time around

"Is reality really realistic?"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

09.02.2011 | 9:13 PM ET

I'm most likely going to get a lot of haters for posting this but, silva has an act for making fighters think they're winning, only to embarrass the crap out of them. I believe he faked the entire fight with sonnen in order to pull of one of the "greatest submissions of all time" This was an attempt to get his fanbase back and he did, after his sorry performance with maia, toying around with him.

I wouldn't say I'm a hater of you now, delrose, but this is totally absurd.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

09.02.2011 | 9:16 PM ET

There was no playing imo. Anderson was just flat out losing, and maybe I'm in the minority with @P4P, but I think Chael wins a rematch. Face it, Anderson has a weakness, it's called a wrestler who isn't afraid to fight him. Okami was terrified as soon as he got in the ring.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

haven
haven
  • Predictions:  94,655  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,030
  • Post Score: 188

09.02.2011 | 9:19 PM ET

chael will kill him

the last match he took him down hit him in the face

"i like mma and the tapology"

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

09.02.2011 | 9:20 PM ET

@Danno, I agree, I said this earlier, the reason that Chael and Hendo had any kind of real success against Anderson is because they pushed Anderson.  They never let him rest. (hendo did in the second, I know, as did Chael in the 5th) and I think if Chael employs the same strategy again, he'll get the decision or late stoppage

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

09.06.2011 | 6:51 AM ET

sonnen will beat stann and there will be silva vs sonnen 2. i wonder what silva will say about andersons rubbing techniques before the fights.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Are you kidding me?’: Kendra McIntyre uncorks ferocious head kick knockout at LFA 182
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Says Ilia Topuria Trash Talks Like An ‘Angry Girlfriend’, Talks Ryan Garcia Betting On Himself
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Rothwell explains why he spars ‘religiously’ but doesn’t go full Sean Strickland with teammates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions