Topic: Karo Parisyan

Good read: Parisyan still overcoming Parisyan (ESPN)

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

11.24.2010 | 8:13 AM ET

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5838380

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- For Karo Parisyan fans, it was hard to watch "The Heat" lose a listless fight at UFC 123 to Dennis Hallman, in what was supposed to be his big second chance with the organization.

But it was pure agony -- for Karo and those around him -- to stand by as he worked up the nerve to fight in the first place.

"I feel like I'm dying," he would say to whoever would listen to him in the locker room. "How am I supposed to fight like this?"

Click through to read the whole interesting article.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Karo "The Heat" Parisyan

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Կարո Փարիզյան, Karapet Parisyan
  • Pro MMA Record: 24-12-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Heat
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 07, 2017 in EFMMA
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 169.1 lbs
  • Affiliation: Hayastan MMA
  • Height: 5'10" (178cm) | Reach: 75.5" (192cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $185,000 USD
  • Born: Yerevan, Armenia
  • Fighting out of: North Hollywood, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

11.24.2010 | 12:34 PM ET

dana pretty much summed it up after the fights; he's given karo every opportunity to bounce back because he's been involved in some of the best fights the ufc has ever put on, but he's just unable to gather himself to fight at this level any longer.  i think we are done seeing karo as a top level fighter.  he's still got a lot to offer as a trainer and teacher though.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Lettuce
Lettuce
  • Predictions:  270  |  54.8%
  • Forum Posts:  73
  • Post Score: 30

11.24.2010 | 2:37 PM ET

not sure why they brought him back, seemed obvious he was not healthy / his old self

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

11.29.2010 | 10:09 AM ET

Karo Man, i feel bad for the guy, so much wasted talent. Maybe one day he can make a return to his old form, but that is years down the road. He has some serious mental hurdles and obviously needs more than therapy.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

11.29.2010 | 12:48 PM ET

Not sure if we'll see Karo ever return to this level of competition again.  Even if he gets focused and the willpower is there, he's got a lot of mileage on his body. He's been fighting for a long time and I don't know how well he has held up physically.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bonnell
Bonnell
  • Predictions:  175  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 131

11.29.2010 | 5:31 PM ET

He's no longer fighting for the right reasons. when he came into the cage looking like he did he's changed. Look at him physicly, He wasnt in shape, didnt look like he wanted to be there. Right now Karo is the laborer on the crew that shows up thinking about "when is lunch" and "i hope they ask me to go for coffee so i can have some time to talk to my wife on the phone".

When you catch yourself fighting for the money, you know its time to ack it in.

"Worry gives a small thing a big shadow"

old dirt dog
old dirt dog
  • Predictions:  447  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 33

11.30.2010 | 5:13 PM ET

What was Karo even thinking trying to get back in there. Seems everybody but him knows he shouldn't be doing this right now. All his talking and spouting on Inside MMA about being in top form and mentally healthy and blah blah blah... load of ****.  Where the hell is his manager or someone to realize he was not in any position to fight at UFC level, and step in and talk some sense into him.  Just gonna get yourself hurt.  He's lucky the ref stopped this one somewhat early rather than have his face pounded 3-4 more times.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Poirier, Pantoja, Hardys and Hughes in studio, now
  • UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier On Where ‘Khabib’s Pupil’ Islam Makhachev Presents ‘More Of A Threat’ Than Ex-Champ
  • MMA Junkie : Nursulton Ruziboev says welterweight easy cut for UFC on ESPN 56, still wants middleweight fights
  • MMAFighting.com : Tom Aspinall: Jon Jones ‘playing games again’ with Alex Pereira talk, ‘trying to convince the public’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Sean O'Malley 'changing up' on Conor McGregor allegiance after being targeted in rant
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight night weights: Mike Perry only gained 5 pounds before 60-second knockout
  • MMA Mania : Fury Vs Usyk Fight Card, Full PPV Lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Mailbag: Alexandre Pantoja, Steve Erceg, Jose Aldo, and where we go after UFC 301
  • UFC.com : Nursulton Ruziboev Has Big Plans
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson: Alexandre Pantoja didn't look like a better fighter than Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Rips Alexandre Pantoja’s Performance At UFC 301, Names Who Could Beat ‘The Cannibal’