Tapology Forums

Shahbulat Shamhalaev shot 5 times in Dagestan

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa
  • Predictions:  360  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,772
  • Post Score: 129

06.01.2016 | 5:33 PM ET

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1/11833724/report-former-bellator-featherweight-shot-five-times-in-dagestan

Shahbulat Shamhalaev was taken to hospital with various gunshot wounds on Wednesday following an altercation at a local restaurant in Makhachkala, Dagestan.

Shamhalaev, a former Bellator featherweight tournament winner, was reportedly shot five times by unnamed assailants. He was immediately taken to hospital, where he underwent surgery and had a kidney removed at approximately 4pm Moscow time.

The former title challenger is in stable condition but remains in intensive care.

"The conflict occurred in one of the city's restaurants," an unnamed source told ndelo.ru. "He was shot several times with a firearm. Now he is in intensive care. He underwent surgery, a kidney removed."

It appears several assailants entered a local restaurant in Dagestan. One approached a table where Shamhalaev was seated and fired a minimum of seven shots before fleeing the scene.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Dagestan press service confirmed the incident. BloodyElbow will update this report as more information comes to light.

Russian report with video of the incident: http://www.ndelo.ru/news/novosti/2492/

Terrible news. I recently heard he was planning on resuming his career. Hopefully,  he can recover and be healthy again.

"Endings are sad, beginnings are scary...but it's the middle that counts."

Responses

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

06.01.2016 | 5:56 PM ET

Being told Shahbulat Shamhalaev was shot five times in Dagestan yesterday. One bullet in the head. In emergency care now. Details to come.

— Karim Zidan (@ZidanSports) 1 de junio de 2016

GUM_Anderson
GUM_Anderson
  • Predictions:  1,577  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 152

06.01.2016 | 6:01 PM ET

Thats crazy!!!

* Edited at 06.01.2016, 6:02 PM ET *

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

06.01.2016 | 6:47 PM ET

Holy ****.  I hope Shamhalaev is alright.  What was the back story of all this?

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.01.2016 | 7:16 PM ET

If he got shot in the head and lives, his fighting career is still over. This is tragic for him.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 10 hours, and 36 minutes from now.
CarteLL
CarteLL
  • Predictions:  12,132  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,553
  • Post Score: 263

06.01.2016 | 7:24 PM ET

well, ******* third world place..
Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

06.01.2016 | 7:26 PM ET

@GreenHornet

Shamhalaev was attacked in a local restaurant in Makhachkala. Went to make peace following altercation previous day. Got shot for his effort

— Karim Zidan (@ZidanSports) 1 de junio de 2016

Hopefully, more details come up.

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

06.01.2016 | 8:10 PM ET

Cleaner video with audio

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,608  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

06.01.2016 | 8:14 PM ET

Dagestan, we go hard!

"This is Shooto!"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.01.2016 | 11:55 PM ET

Wow, that's ****** up. Guess he isn't going to be fighting again. Hope he's OK after the recovery.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

06.02.2016 | 3:38 AM ET

He's a tough s.o.b.  he'll be ok.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

06.02.2016 | 8:43 AM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

06.02.2016 | 9:52 AM ET

---

* Edited at 06.02.2016, 10:11 AM ET *

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.02.2016 | 10:01 AM ET

This sounds like a Phoenix Wright case or something.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

06.02.2016 | 10:08 AM ET

Update

Became known cause of the shooting MMA fighter Shamhalaeva: "Shoot, if a man '

On the eve of national champion in Thai boxing came into conflict with offenders, they appointed him the "arrow"

Google translate from: http://www.mk.ru/sport/2016/06/02/stala-izvestna-prichina-rasstrela-boyca-mma-shamkhalaeva-strelyay-esli-muzhchina.html

In Makhachkala, June 1 there was a loud incident in the restaurant "Peter" there was a shootout, in the midst of which turned out to be a fighter and mixed martial champion of Russia in Thai boxing Shahbulat Shamhalaev. At the moment, he is in intensive care (we will publish a photo from there), doctors note positive dynamics. We learned the details of the incident from a close friend Shakhbulatov, who wished to remain anonymous.

"I corresponded with his brother Shakhbulatov. The whole story began the day before the shootout. May 31 Shakhbulatov dragged into any conversation into an argument. Word for word, and eventually hit Shamhalaeva. He went to her abuser and wanted to respond, but they pulled out a gun and started shooting at the ground. Then he pointed the gun at his head and said: "Do not show off, and then kill." Shakhbulatov said, "Shoot, if a man." In this they differed - "scoring arrow" on the 1st of June.

Shakhbulatov took a "Saiga" and a gun and went to the place of a showdown. They were waiting for him. I do not know why he went there alone ?! Apparently, the evil really was on emotions ... In general, was shot 13 times in it. At the hospital, he was pulled out of six bullets. They shot into the body and legs, and one bullet grazed his head on a tangent.

The doctors said that luck would not hurt the vital organs, even the bones were not included. Yes, he had to remove a kidney, but he survived. Now he made the shots, so as not to wake up. Doctors noted a positive trend, it is now in a stable condition.

He has never been to someone obviously in conflict. It's just a one-time event. He was a peace-loving man, but if it hurt, then he walked to the end. First never did not start ", - said one Shakhbulatov Shamhalaeva.

Image of Shahbulat's state: http://www.mk.ru/upload/entities/2016/06/02/articles/detailPicture/91/d2/f1/649744779_8246668.jpg

Appears Shabulat's altercation was with a corrupt prosecutor in Makhachkala. Was struck by his guard. Arrived next day armed but outnumbered

— Karim Zidan (@ZidanSports) 2 de junio de 2016

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.02.2016 | 11:08 AM ET

Dangerous part of the world , dangerous people all around Caucasian steppe, from Dagestan to Kurdistan to Ossetia... hope he recovers from this 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.02.2016 | 11:10 AM ET

Wikipedia

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.02.2016 | 12:25 PM ET

Wasn't he also armed in the restaurant?

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.02.2016 | 7:24 PM ET

Damn. This also happened to Mikhail Avetsiyan over a decade ago.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa

06.03.2016 | 9:17 AM ET

Update

Shahbulat's brother: The conflict was purely domestic nature

Condition of wounded soldiers has improved
June 2, 2016

Translated from: http://ndelo.ru/news/novosti/2499/

Status Shakhbulatov Shamhalaeva, wounded yesterday in Makhachkala, doctors assessed as serious but stable, it is already disconnected from the ventilator. On this and the reasons for the incident the correspondent of "ND" said brother wounded fighters Bellator Shahmurad Shamhalaev. 

According to the source, his brother on May 31 there was a small conflict. 

"A friend called him to the cafe to sit and drink tea, saying nothing about the fact that they are not alone. When Shakhbulatov walked into a cafe, then a table with his friends were two other guys. It turned. What is a conflict between them. It intervened Shakhbulatov. One of the men asked him not to interfere in the conversation. Began bickering, they switched to the person ", - said Shamhalaev. 

"On that day, they like everything settled and dispersed peacefully. The next day, he was invited to another restaurant where reconciliation should have taken place. Unfortunately, it ended up that everybody knows. How and why this happened, we learn only when Shakhbulatov wake up and tell myself everything "- said the brother of the wounded.

Status Shakhbulatov Shamhalaeva doctors assessed as serious but stable. According to them, none of the vital body does not hurt. 

"Shakhbulatov condition improved significantly. He has already been disconnected from the ventilator, he can breathe himself. But talk to him even doctors are not allowed. They give him pain medication and sleeping pills ", - said the source.

According to him, his brother got 13 bullets.

"The doctors removed two bullets from the fighting toe. The remaining eleven wounds to the torso and head, had suffered from in trauma, "- he said.

However, he said that a kidney to his brother no one deleted.

"Around this story with Shakhbulatov walks a lot of rumors. And much of this fiction. The conflict was purely domestic nature. It is not associated with the opposition of some political or other groups in the country ", - he said.

Seems like conflicting reports are coming up. Karim Zidan is reporting that the guard who shot Sha is in a "wanted list" in Dagestan and that there was a conflict with a corrupt prosecutor. However, Shahbulat's brother says that it was purely domestic. Plus, he says that his brother's kidney was not removed.

* Edited at 06.03.2016, 9:56 AM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.03.2016 | 9:56 AM ET

Thirteen gunwounds?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira thinks Jiri Prochazka most likely next in line: 'Ankalaev is going to have to wait'
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones: Alex Pereira matchup would be 'biggest fight in MMA history' and 'no one can argue that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dustin Poirier admits title win could be perfect ending to career: ‘This is the last chapter’
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET