Tapology Forums

Shahbulat Shamhalaev shot 5 times in Dagestan

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa
  • Predictions:  360  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,772
  • Post Score: 129

06.01.2016 | 5:33 PM ET

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1/11833724/report-former-bellator-featherweight-shot-five-times-in-dagestan

Shahbulat Shamhalaev was taken to hospital with various gunshot wounds on Wednesday following an altercation at a local restaurant in Makhachkala, Dagestan.

Shamhalaev, a former Bellator featherweight tournament winner, was reportedly shot five times by unnamed assailants. He was immediately taken to hospital, where he underwent surgery and had a kidney removed at approximately 4pm Moscow time.

The former title challenger is in stable condition but remains in intensive care.

"The conflict occurred in one of the city's restaurants," an unnamed source told ndelo.ru. "He was shot several times with a firearm. Now he is in intensive care. He underwent surgery, a kidney removed."

It appears several assailants entered a local restaurant in Dagestan. One approached a table where Shamhalaev was seated and fired a minimum of seven shots before fleeing the scene.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Dagestan press service confirmed the incident. BloodyElbow will update this report as more information comes to light.

Russian report with video of the incident: http://www.ndelo.ru/news/novosti/2492/

Terrible news. I recently heard he was planning on resuming his career. Hopefully,  he can recover and be healthy again.

"Endings are sad, beginnings are scary...but it's the middle that counts."

Responses Page 2

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa
  • Predictions:  360  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,772
  • Post Score: 129

06.09.2016 | 1:45 PM ET

Update: Shahbulat attempted to escape from hospital

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/9/11894442/bellator-vet-shamhalaev-bizarre-shooting-highlights-troubled-dagestan-politics-sports-putin-mma

"Shahbulat Shamhalaev made it as far as the hospital courtyard before he was tracked down by bewildered doctors. They surrounded the fighter and attempted to calm him down as he frantically attempted to escape the hospital he had been kept in for the past week."

"Endings are sad, beginnings are scary...but it's the middle that counts."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,310  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,974
  • Post Score: 195

06.09.2016 | 7:46 PM ET

This is really quite disturbing. I hope someone can get the situation under control. He doesn't sound like he's very safe right now.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.09.2016 | 11:23 PM ET

Why he try to escape?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

06.10.2016 | 3:09 AM ET

This reminds me of in the Godfather when Vito Corleone was in the hospital after being shot, and people were coming to try and kill him while Michael and the others were there trying to protect him and get him out as soon as possible.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.10.2016 | 7:45 AM ET

I always liked seeing Shah fight. It's too bad things ended this way.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB