Topic: Diego Ferreira

Carlos Diego Ferreira Flagged for Potential USADA Violation

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.13.2016 | 1:18 PM ET

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Diego Ferreira

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Carlos Diego Ferreira
  • Pro MMA Record: 18-5-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: May 20, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 154.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: Fortis MMA
  • Height: 5'9" (175cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $385,000 USD
  • Born: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: McAllen, Texas
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232

05.13.2016 | 1:37 PM ET

It just amazes me how many guys are still doing this when they know testing can come up. I guess it will always be rampant in most professional sports when there is money on the line.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

05.13.2016 | 1:46 PM ET

The more and more fighters that get caught the more wary it will make others of taking the risk. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.13.2016 | 8:58 PM ET

The ones who do cheat should get caught.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

twspencer91
twspencer91
  • Predictions:  21,854  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  822
  • Post Score: 246

05.13.2016 | 9:16 PM ET

I've always rooted for Ferreira because he trains out of south Texas, but this dummy knew he needed all the help he could get. Trujillo was going to starch his ass lol

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a **** like a burmese python, and the mind of a ******* scientist."

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

05.13.2016 | 9:41 PM ET

He's afraid to face a Killa ! 

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,992  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

05.13.2016 | 10:28 PM ET

It seems like a Brazilian fighters have failed drug tests lately. Maybe they shouldn't be Russian to use PEDs with the increased testing.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney
  • Predictions:  520  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 23

05.14.2016 | 1:30 AM ET

LATELY?!?

How far back do we have to go to find a year a Brazilian wasn't popped for PEDs?

Lotta bad kangaroo meat in south america

"Gitsum"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.14.2016 | 6:28 AM ET

I'm pretty sure that if you check the numbers you'll find that non-Brazilians get caught just as much. Show me a year where an American fighter wasn't caught in the post-USADA era.

EDIT:: Also, now that USADA's in charge, more Russians have been popped too, basically because the Russians were tested less before USADA took over since American commissions weren't going to travel to Russia to test anyone and USADA does.

PEDs are an MMA sickness, not a Brazilian sickness.

* Edited at 05.14.2016, 6:31 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,992  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

05.14.2016 | 10:40 AM ET

Obviously people everywhere got popped for PEDs but most of the failures lately seem to be Brazilians, Russians, and Bellator's freakshow division.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051

05.14.2016 | 12:55 PM ET

Just so we're not all just making random claims, here's the list of UFC failures thus far, in order of date:

- Cro Cop (Croatia)
- Tibau (Brazil)
- Romero (Cuba)*
- Brandao (Brazil)**
- Edilov (Russia)
- Means (U.S.)
- Olivieri (Brazil)
- Andrade (Brazil)
- Mir (U.S.)
- Machida (Brazil)
- Makhachev (Russia)
- Ferreira (Brazil)

*Sentence reduced
** Weed

It's a small sample size of 12 failures since USADA went into effect. By nationality, here's the breakdown percentage-wise for countries with more than one failure. 

1) Brazil - 50%
2a) U.S. - 16.7%
2b) Russia - 16.7%
Other) - 16.7%

What really matters here is the % of the roster by nationality. Obviously if there are a ton of Brazilians on the roster, more will pop. Doesn't mean they're cheating more. Would need to look into the numbers. But as it stands, Americans make up the largest % of the UFC roster, not Brazil. 

We need a bigger sample size. When we're above 20, 30 failures, will paint a clearer picture. 

Also, this does not necessarily mean Brazilians are cheating more. Dumb as it may sound, it means they're being caught more often. Could mean they're using more. Could mean they're worse at hiding it. 

But to suggest every nationality is popping equally is not true. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

yossgold
yossgold

05.14.2016 | 1:51 PM ET

Oh, I don't think it's and equal thing throughout nations, I just think that over time you'll see the numbers even out.

Also, I agree, Brazilians seems to be less scientific about it, so they get caught easier, but that's just speculation on my part. If you look into other sports in the US and how much knowledge there is on the matter, naturally there'll be procedures in place that help mask abuse.

But as you said, the post-USADA era is still too young to give us any real insight, I'm just pretty sure almost everyone's on some sort of ... "program" and not mainly Brazilians.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

05.14.2016 | 1:57 PM ET

Also, was never great at maths but I'm pretty sure that if you check ratios to % of the roster, that Russian 16.7% overtakes Brazil (there are a ****load of Brazilians on the roster and way less Russians).

Don't think it's a coincidence that a region that was rarely tested and suddenly is is starting to show signs of heavy abuse. Same with Brazil, a lot of their fighters were kind of protected by CABMMA until now and are suddenly being tested while as testing in the US has always been fairly stricter so the Americans have had to create more sophisticated methods for a longer period of time.

All guesswork, but that's just the feeling I get.

Bisping is the only clean fighter on the planet ;)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann vs. Bogdan Guskov prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Is This The Most Violent KO In WMMA History?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Nicolau Vs. Perez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • Bad Left Hook : McGrail vs Leach: Live discussion, 2 pm ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 play-by-play and live results (4 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results, Streaming Play-By-Play Updates TONIGHT