Topic: McGregor vs. Diaz

McGregor vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

02.23.2016 | 8:52 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for McGregor vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.24.2016 | 8:19 PM ET

Prediction: correct Diaz   correct Submission   wrong Round 3  

Conor did not seem like himself and as confident as he wanted people to believe. Nate looked nervous at first. He was rubbing is hands on his jeans like they were sweaty or something.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.24.2016 | 8:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong McGregor   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Comor absolutely acted confident, you'd have to be aspy not to pick up on that..
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 14 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.24.2016 | 8:50 PM ET

Watch again.  He was waiting for Nate to say something that he was not ready for and he did.  He started to sway his head after that.  He normally does not do that.

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,518  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

02.24.2016 | 9:07 PM ET

I must be a minority here, but I hate this whole circus. just shut up and fight. yeah, yeah, promoting fights... from a business point of view is understandable, but from a big fan of the sport it gets tiresome real quick. Not into those WWE soap operas at all.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.24.2016 | 9:13 PM ET

I am not into the circus, either.  McGregor would have nothing without it, though.

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.24.2016 | 9:25 PM ET

Ehh, I'm kind of with you Vazio. That press conference was amusing, high energy and good at selling the fight..I even enjoyed it a bit but at the same time I kind of feel the way you do too.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

02.24.2016 | 9:52 PM ET

I can't really complain because it was exactly what I expected putting these 2 together.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

02.24.2016 | 11:13 PM ET

Prediction: correct Diaz   correct Submission   wrong Round 1  

@vazio Are you Brazilian? I am one and I've yet to talk in person to someone who cares about what fighters say. Aren't athletes supposed to be humble and respectful? I don't see Messi (Stephen Curry/Alex Gordon/name your non-MMA athlete of choice) talking trash before every game, and he's doing just fine in terms of ticket sales. Does this happen in MMA because of long times between matches? Maybe fans or fighters get restless or something like that?

* Edited at 02.24.2016, 11:15 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.24.2016 | 11:59 PM ET

I think there's a much stronger pride factor when it comes to solitary sports and extremely more-so when it comes to combat sports because...if you haven't noticed Boxing and Kickboxing have it to similar degrees too. No doubt, since you sell single events, especially the big ones with the 1 or 2 fighters starlighting the card the trash talking has become part of the game at the top, which originally seems to have come from Boxing and Professional wrestling. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.25.2016 | 2:32 AM ET

Prediction: wrong McGregor   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@rappinpap is an amazing judge of character

You're right man, Conor is so unconfident that instead of making Nate go through any sort of grueling weight cut to make the fight easier on himself (since you know Nate's gonna be in shape and only the cut could potentially slow him down), when Nate said he can make 165 Conor said, fook it, get comfortable, let's make it 170.

Sign of a very unconfident man.

* Edited at 02.25.2016, 2:38 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.25.2016 | 2:55 AM ET

Finished watching the whole thing, as expected Conor schooled him, but that was expected, Nate's never really had a way with words.

The only difference is that being schooled at a press conference won't effect Nate psychologically as much as it does the others.

Nate's gonna come in like Nate always comes in, with intent to kick ass.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bestscp68
Bestscp68
  • Predictions:  15,264  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  526
  • Post Score: 198

02.25.2016 | 5:32 AM ET

Words go with the wind and in this particular case I think no damage will be made to any of the contenders.

I believe McGregor will win!

" “To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragedy.” – Cus D’Amato"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.25.2016 | 7:08 AM ET

Nomad, are you on the Sherdog forum? "Someone is using a similar AV and argues like you do.

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

02.25.2016 | 9:20 AM ET

this'll be a good fight

i really see nate boxing him up though

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

Rhino_Rocks
Rhino_Rocks
  • Predictions:  5,433  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  168
  • Post Score: 25

02.25.2016 | 9:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Diaz   correct Submission   correct Round 2  

so conor does not have the reach advantage. we know the ground game is against him with a guy with 11 submission you is 3 inch taller. and nate also has good boxing stand up at his weight. can anyone ever make picks based off the sport????

I mean thats like picking the left handed batter to hit a homer when he is facing a pitcher with a great curve ball in a different division where lefty's have a low batting average.

i mean even with stats are against conor media makes him look like a god

"stick and move with a little pop pop bang and you'll be fine"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

02.25.2016 | 10:02 AM ET

Rhino, its because they want the ill informed casual fan to think he is a god as it makes them money.

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,518  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

02.25.2016 | 10:45 AM ET

@Idrownfish I am. in fact I live in the same city as you do, if my Google skills are still okay. but by "minority here" I meant in Tap's forums, not in Brazil. I also think brazilians seem to be way less into what fighters say than americans, maybe it's a cultural thing, who knows. That being said, I agree with Nomad. It's kinda unfair to compare individual combat sports with football.

@yossgold "when Nate said he can make 165 Conor said, fook it, get comfortable, let's make it 170." I'm not gonna enter in the whole "who's in who's head" debate, but why would you believe anything Conor says? As a matter of fact, anything any of the two say? I'm not taking sides, but for all we know, things could have gone completely different from what either one claim. Fighters just likes to boast a lot. Especially those two.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

02.25.2016 | 3:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong McGregor   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,916  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,408
  • Post Score: 322

02.25.2016 | 4:21 PM ET

I read somewhere that stated Nate saying "don't bring up 170lbs unless your bring up 10 days with it" and I couldn't agree more.

The UFC had this fight in mind awhile ago (not only with the rumor mill back in December, but Conor proved that with his video talking **** to Nate weeks ago). UFC is trying to spin it like the weight is favorable for Nate but that isn't the case at all. Conor has had 10 weeks of training and will be at his peek where as Nate most definitely won't be.

Regardless of all that ********, the good thing is we know an unintimidated Nate Diaz will show up to kick someone's ass.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.25.2016 | 9:03 PM ET

This was posted to reddit, I wish I could take credit for it but I can't

https://www.reddit.com/r/ufc/comments/47jjyj/imgnsfw_its_red_panty_night_homie/

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’