Topic: Cyril Asker

UFC SIgns EFC HW champ Cyril Asker

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.03.2016 | 7:53 AM ET

EFC just announced on their facebook that UFC signed Cyril.  Brendon Groenewald  and Danie Van Heerden will fight for the vacant belt in April.

https://www.facebook.com/EFCworldwide

Interesting signing. He has a good record, but besides that im not sure. some SA's were saying he was getting beat by Potts before everything went south but they are probably biased. so I guess well see how he does in UFC.

* Edited at 02.03.2016, 8:00 AM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Cyril "Silverback" Asker

Fighter Details

• Name: Cyril Asker
  • Pro MMA Record: 9-4-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Silverback
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 10, 2018 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 243.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: Bushido Academie
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $20,000 USD
  • Born: Sorgues, France
  • Fighting out of: Nimes, France
  • Head Coach: James Schiavo
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

twspencer91
twspencer91
  • Predictions:  21,917  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  822
  • Post Score: 246

02.03.2016 | 11:12 AM ET

I can't imagine him doing any worse than Potts. I just want the HW division to get some more decent talent.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a **** like a burmese python, and the mind of a ******* scientist."

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

02.03.2016 | 11:20 AM ET

Well the ufc is actually signing prospects

UFC seems to be aggressively signing prospects for the HW division which is nice. Considering almost all the top 10 will be gone in 5 years

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.03.2016 | 12:32 PM ET

The UFC is finally building up divisions not named Lightweight and Welterweight...

"..."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.03.2016 | 3:20 PM ET

I wouldn't call signing this bloke building up a division. I don't see his run being any different than Potts'. If the UFC want to develop the heavyweight division they need to tap into that Soviet reserve.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,095  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

02.03.2016 | 6:16 PM ET

They've signed Erokhin(cut now), Abdurahimov, Grabowski, and Tybura. Goltsov's the only other one I see from Eastern Europe they definitely need to sign. At this point light heavyweight is worse than heavyweight, that division really needs building.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.03.2016 | 7:47 PM ET

I was talking in terms of development ... every single one of those beats this guy 10/10 times. I just meant that there's a deeper pool of potential talent in the Soviet countries and Europe than there will ever be in South Africa (which is where he's fighting therefore is the talent level I'm "assigning" him). 

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal boxing match moving to new date and location
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis redeems himself with first pitch at Cardinals game
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Flyweight Division | May 2024
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira donates $100,000 in response to Brazil floods, plans additional $20,000
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith explains why he declined new fight offer immediately after UFC 301 win
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA community rallies after unprecedented floods leave hundreds of cities underwater in Brazil
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia’s Latest Drug Test Result Clears Him Of Nandrolone Use For Devin Haney Fight
  • MMA Junkie : NYSAC executive director Kim Sumbler resigns from position
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Terrance McKinney, Alexandre Pantoja, UFC 301 Recap
  • MMA Mania : Running Makhachev Demolishes Punch Machine
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Vows To ‘End’ Mike Tyson: ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • MMA Junkie : Jan Blachowicz campaigns for rematch with UFC champ Alex Pereira: 'He knocked out everybody – not me'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Every serious boxing fan will be watching in awe’: Bob Arum targets Lomachenko vs Stevenson this fall
  • Middle Easy : Movsar Evloev Says Dana White Criticized His UFC 297 Performance But Was Watching NFL During The Fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ESPN+ subscribers drop again ahead of UFC broadcast deal negotiations
  • UFC.com : UFC PARTNERS WITH LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FIGHTING FOR THE FUTURE FOUNDATION TO LAUNCH YOUTH MENTORING INITIATIVE IN LAS VEGAS
  • MMA Mania : Covington Finally Remembered The Name
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Says He’ll Submit Alex Pereira Within ‘5 Minutes’ In Grappling Match, ‘Poatan’ Can Pick ‘Any Martial Art’ He Wants
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland's coach: UFC considered Khamzat Chimaev matchup before Paulo Costa booking