Topic: Holly Holm

Holly Holm not against fighting higher up, not against fighting Cyborg

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.17.2015 | 5:08 AM ET

A true champ who wants to leave a real legacy of greatness behind her doesn't pick and choose in order to "retire undefeated" doesn't hide behind weight classes and would fight anyone put in front of her.

Of course she says that if it's for the belt it would have to be at 135 (which is totally understandable), but having a legacy fight or a big fight outside her weight class is part of the sport in her mind.

I still think that benching the champ for so long just so they can get their rematch at UFC 200 is a **** move. I think Holly could fight Miesha (or even Cyborg at 140 for a non-title but super frickin' awsome PPV headliner) somewhere around February-March and still be ready for July.

You finally have a champ who wants to be active and you bench her ti fit into the #2's plans? Who does that?? The UFC are so fixated on UFC 200 breaking UFC 100's PPV sales record I have a feeling they're going to manipulate 2016 so hard just to make sure every money-maker in the company is on that card. It'll make for a great card but I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of ****** up **** going on in order to make sure it happens.

* Edited at 12.17.2015, 5:17 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Holly "The Preacher's Daughter" Holm

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Holly Rene Holm-Kirkpatrick
  • Pro MMA Record: 15-7-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Preacher's Daughter
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: April 13, 2024 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 136.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 5'8" (173cm) | Reach: 69.0" (175cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,600,000 USD
  • Born: United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • College: University of New Mexico
  • Foundation Style: Boxing
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.17.2015 | 8:09 AM ET

I hope the first half of 2016 does not suffer for the sake of ufc 200.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

12.17.2015 | 10:02 AM ET

Its completely stupid to force her to wait 9 mont for Ronda... Nobody want Ronda anyway!

"Never go down without a fight"

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

12.17.2015 | 10:20 AM ET

wow

Finally a true champion at 135 in the ufc. This is how it's done ronda. You tried to hide and got ktfo anyway.

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.17.2015 | 10:58 AM ET

She's 34 and just became UFC champion. Having her sit out for nine months to fight someone she already dismantled in every possible way is ridiculous. Nobody wants the Ronda rematch. Holm could easily fight one more time before fighting Rousey again if they really want an immediate rematch that bad.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

12.17.2015 | 5:59 PM ET

Wouldn't they still have to have women's 145 to do this fight? I can't imagine the UFC signing Cyborg to a one and done deal, especially if she ended up winning. Bellator would probably snatch Cyborg and have a media field day.

P.S I am on the fence about the Ronda rematch. I don't believe the champ and the entire divisions should have to wait until Princess Ronda says she is ready to fight, but another part of me wants to see her finished off so she goes away for good.

* Edited at 12.17.2015, 6:02 PM ET *

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

yossgold
yossgold

12.18.2015 | 12:57 AM ET

They would've done it for Ronda had she agreed, but since they don't feel Holly/Cyborg would generate even half the interest of Ronda/Cyborg, I doubt they go through the hassle.

I think they pray to gay Jesus that Ronda beats Holly in the rematch (she won't), be forced to have Holly as their champ (especially after Ronda retires in a hissy fit) and stop promoting WMMA heavily. They'll start treating the women's divisions like the flyweight division (title fights as co-mains or fight night headliners, etc) and wait for a new star to emerge. I get it, most fight "fans" are idiots, Holly will never sell even remotely close to what Ronda will, she's too nice. They're business men before anything else.

* Edited at 12.18.2015, 3:49 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

12.18.2015 | 1:02 AM ET

@DrGlaze, I have absolutely nothing against Ronda getting the immediate rematch, she's more than earned it. But since her recovery puts her on the shelf for a while, let Holly fight again until Ronda's ready.

The only reason they're not doing that is because they're scared Holly might lose or get injured and that rematch wouldn't be on their precious UFC 200.

The first half of 2016 is going to be all about making UFC 200 epic. I personally think that in this case there is too much of a good thing. I don't know where you draw the line exactly, but if for instance every single belt is on the line on the same night, will it be epic? Maybe, but I have a feeling it loses a little something from each one of those fights.

* Edited at 12.18.2015, 3:51 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey writing script for her own Netflix biopic, no longer expected to star in film
  • MMAFighting.com : Oscar De La Hoya ‘definitely going to sue’ Canelo Alvarez for defamation after explosive claims
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 4: Jose Aldo, Alexandre Pantoja hang with soccer legend
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith insists there's no personal beef with UFC champ Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : ‘Beast’ Mode! Khamzat Now Training With ‘MVP’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Merab Dvalishvili dig grave for Sean O’Malley, issue UFC 306 challenge
  • MMAFighting.com : Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze set for UFC 304 in Manchester
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m definitely going to sue Canelo for defamation’: De La Hoya responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe doesn’t want Marc Goddard refereeing his fights again: ‘I don’t like the guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev