Topic: Cathal Pendred

Cathal Pendred retires

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

11.25.2015 | 11:55 AM ET

I was a big Pendred fan during the Cage Warriors days, but his UFC career was lack-luster at best.  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him back in local shows in the UK.

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Cathal "The Punisher" Pendred

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Cathal Pendred
  • Pro MMA Record: 17-4-1 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Punisher
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 24, 2015 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 169.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: SBG Ireland
  • Height: 6'1" (185cm) | Reach: 75.0" (191cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $126,000 USD
  • Born: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
  • Fighting out of: Dublin, Ireland
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.25.2015 | 12:15 PM ET

He got into the big time and could not hack it.  I have the feeling he will be back, though.  He is only 28, afterall.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

11.25.2015 | 12:33 PM ET

Same with what Ben said,I liked him in his CWFC days,I don't really mind watching grinders.I knew he wouldn't do well in the UFC but got more wins than I thought he was going to,but most were due to level of competition and BS decisions,so kinda did how expected performance wise and not looking at it on paper.At only 28 yrs old I tend to agree with rappinpapsoda that he'll be back eventually in mma.Even though he sounded very genuine and sure he is done competing it could change,and usually does with fighters.To be perfectly honest,I don't really care if he comes back to mma or not,being so slow and a bit chinny, I don't think he'll ever have the success he wants so I think moving on is probably best.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

11.25.2015 | 1:42 PM ET

I will forever remember him...for a few things.  He will go over to WSOF.  Watch.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.25.2015 | 2:54 PM ET

Reading that post was almost as boring as his fights.

* Edited at 11.25.2015, 2:54 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

11.25.2015 | 2:58 PM ET

Shame more of his fights in the UFC weren't like the Mike King fight.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.25.2015 | 4:30 PM ET

Cathal may be bald but he is a handsome man, he will be okay after fighting. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Ghost Search
Ghost Search
  • Predictions:  55,093  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 76

11.26.2015 | 8:15 AM ET

In Cage Warriors he was entertaining and I thought he would be able to hold his own in the big leagues. Unfortunately after the Mike King fight in the UFC, he became very boring and was outclassed in all his fights. He isn't even 30 yet so I think we will see him fight again before too long. 

"LIVE AND LEARN"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.04.2015 | 5:14 PM ET

I would take a bet Pendred will return for UFC ireland next year as co-main or preliminary main and  

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley thinks Conor McGregor is jealous of him, open to 'legendary' fight at lightweight
  • MMA Mania : Further Drug Testing Clears ‘King Ryan’ Of Nandrolone Use
  • MMA Mania : New UFC Deal With Saudi Arabia Includes ‘Big’ Event In 2025
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia still denies PED use but says he fought Devin Haney while 'high as f*ck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean O’Malley willing to move up to lightweight for ‘legendary’ Conor McGregor fight
  • MMA Mania : Bare Knuckle Bonanza! BYB Acquires UK-Based BKB
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis