Topic: Matt Betzold

6-2 Fighter with 1 leg

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

02.06.2015 | 7:56 PM ET

Props to this guy. He is missing his left leg from the knee down and has a 6-2 pro record, with 5 of those wins via submission. He's fighting for the belt at WFF 18

Here's him getting a RNC

* Edited at 02.06.2015, 7:56 PM ET *

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Matt Betzold

Fighter Details

• Name: Matt Betzold
  • Pro MMA Record: 9-12-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: June 04, 2022 in WCFL
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 139.8 lbs
  • Affiliation: ManufRactured Fighting
  • Height: 5'6" (168cm) | Reach: 70.5" (179cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: United States
  • Fighting out of: Scottsdale, Arizona
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.06.2015 | 8:05 PM ET

Huh.  I've got mixed feelings.

On one level it's awesome.  Congrats to him for getting in there and beating dudes, two legs or not.

From another point of view, so he's always considered a downed opponent?  If you're fighting him you're never allowed to try and knee or kick him in the head?  It's kind of weird and probably pretty frustrating to his opponents.  You almost HAVE to play his game and get in close, otherwise there is no fight.

"I live, I die, I live again."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.06.2015 | 8:05 PM ET

I was hoping this was going to be about Anthony Robles. Pretty impressive. Where you at Palhares!?

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

02.06.2015 | 8:19 PM ET

Barboza would literally destroy him.

"I am the real Nick Miller"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.07.2015 | 12:46 AM ET

Impressive.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

02.07.2015 | 1:21 AM ET

I get what you are saying Gregory, but it is only a regional promotion and really if the guy wants to fight and their are opponents for him - I'm fine with it. I would be great to have MMA or a combat sport in competitions like PanAm Games, or even the ParaOlympics (which right now only have Judo for the blind I believe), but until that time comes (and it may never) I say let.

Matt is no Nick Prindell though.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey writing script for her own Netflix biopic, no longer expected to star in film
  • MMAFighting.com : Oscar De La Hoya ‘definitely going to sue’ Canelo Alvarez for defamation after explosive claims
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 4: Jose Aldo, Alexandre Pantoja hang with soccer legend
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith insists there's no personal beef with UFC champ Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : ‘Beast’ Mode! Khamzat Now Training With ‘MVP’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Merab Dvalishvili dig grave for Sean O’Malley, issue UFC 306 challenge
  • MMAFighting.com : Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze set for UFC 304 in Manchester
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m definitely going to sue Canelo for defamation’: De La Hoya responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe doesn’t want Marc Goddard refereeing his fights again: ‘I don’t like the guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev