Topic: Esparza vs. Jędrzejczyk

Esparza vs. Jędrzejczyk

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

01.14.2015 | 4:09 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Esparza vs. Jędrzejczyk. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.15.2015 | 11:59 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Esparza   wrong Decision  

Man, Carla looked old after the fight.  That beatign she took made her look 20 years older.

Anyways, I think that JJ could lose to a couple people in the division so it may be a short title reign.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.15.2015 | 12:03 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Other than Gadelha and maybe Justine Kish (depending on how she looks after the long layoff and injury) I don't see anyone on her level ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

03.15.2015 | 12:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   wrong Decision  

Gadelha already beat her and should've been the one dominating Esparza last night in nearly everyone who scored the fights eyes except 2 of 3 judges, but I digress because I like them both.  Once Gadelha makes short work of Daly in a few weeks, there's no reason they shouldn't just schedule Joanna/Claudia again.  Without Aguilar in the UFC, those two are very far above anyone else in the division.

* Edited at 03.15.2015, 12:12 PM ET *

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,038  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

03.15.2015 | 12:25 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Esparza   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

I can't believe I switched to Esparza,she got wrecked.As far as Gadelha goes,i'm not sure she could play duck duck goose for a full 25 minutes and if anyone thinks that was the same Joanna that fought her you're crazy.

* Edited at 03.15.2015, 12:26 PM ET *

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

03.16.2015 | 1:00 AM ET

I wish I had gone with my gut and picked Joanna, I always doubt myself when I'm about to pick against a fighter I hate, like, "am I just picking against this fighter because I hate them?"

Joanna showed great patience and take down defense, though I think Carla's wrestling was a bit overrated.  Still, dominant win, great performance.

Nice to see Carla get bullied, I enjoyed this fight more than any other on the card.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

03.16.2015 | 9:29 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

She did it quicker than I thought.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,233  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

03.16.2015 | 9:49 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

@cal1 - Not me ;)
FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

03.16.2015 | 11:50 AM ET

I am a big fan of Joanna and Gadelha but the Joanna that fought this weekend was on another level. Just seemed like she was at her peak, mean while the one that fought Gadelha seemed a little off. Gadelha also seems to be a fighter that has high peaks and then puts on some stinkers. I would take JJ in the rematch. 

I really want to see JJ vs JoJo though. That would be a sick striking match up. Thug Rose and Tornado are a couple youngsters that will be beasts. At some point I would also love to see fellow Pol Karolina Kowalkiewicz in the UFC. At 7-0 the UFC should jump on this chance to bring her in.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.16.2015 | 2:45 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Esparza   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I love when everyone was gonna pick this guy or that chick....  that happens to everyone every card.  They're close ones to call..."pick ems" or "coin tosses"  

Most the fights I get wrong   I've considered  the other fighter.  Bottom line is, we picked the wrong *****.

* Edited at 03.16.2015, 2:46 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,832  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.16.2015 | 2:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   wrong Decision  

This fight wasn't close. The winner was obvious. Once Joanna got through the original weight cutting problems (she lost quite some muscle mass for her previous two fights not cutting properly - which showed - before her team fine tuned her diet and the strength/conditioning routine) the outcome wasn't in doubt. The only thing that surprised me was how soft Esparza turned out to be. She was a punching bag after only about 3 minutes. I expected her to at least try and clinch and hug Joanna's legs for good 15 minutes.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.16.2015 | 3:06 PM ET

I'm not saying the fight itself was close.  It was a blow out.  You may have seen it Mr Kerr but the majority of us clearly did not.

My first post in the thread I said I wasn't sure who I was taking but leaned towards esparza wearing her down with TDs.  

I also have no problem saying I was wrong instead of "I switched my pick" or "shouldve gone with my gut" cop outs.

I haven't really followed much mma news in a few years the way i unsed to.  I also didnt watch the  weigh in in..

I'm happy to have been so wrong here tho.  I hate esparza and loved seeing her exposed

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.16.2015 | 8:59 PM ET

Neg me.....Ohhhh, neg me!

I love my merry lil band of neggers who follow my sticky icky nuggets of truth I drop on ya all.  I truly do.

As I do find you ******* with your "I was gonna pick" "my gut" "switched picks" amusing

Neg away ****tards.  Ya still picked the wrong **** 

<3

* Edited at 03.16.2015, 9:07 PM ET *

yossgold
yossgold

03.16.2015 | 9:38 PM ET

Went with my gut on this one ;)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.16.2015 | 9:51 PM ET

Touché

Well played Yoss!!

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

03.16.2015 | 9:56 PM ET

That's because Yoss likes Jerksmy****.

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

03.17.2015 | 8:27 AM ET

"My first post in the thread I said I wasn't sure who I was taking but leaned towards esparza wearing her down with TDs."

That is the thing with fights like this. Many fights I can break it down to the point where Fighter A wins like this OR Fighter B will win like that. Is Esparza could have gotten take downs it is likely she wins a decision, but she could barely get 1 and couldn't hold JJ down. Some times all the analysis in the world boils down to a sort of coin toss because there are intangibles we don't know. Jack Slack is famous for telling us the two ways a fight could go and also is famous for never making fight predictions because of the unknown.

I didn't make an official pick on this card here but I would have went with Esparza even though I am a fan of JJ.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.17.2015 | 9:48 AM ET

@Fantasy MMA

You're missing my point, bro.  You're also kinda making the same point I was saying its a tough one to pick.  Nothing to do with the fact it was a blow out that 27% of the place got right.  My main point was simply to make fun of other people.  In this case it was the guys saying they knew JJ would win but didn't take her.  That's just silly.

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

03.17.2015 | 11:53 AM ET

@loudenswain,  I know I am making the same point, cause I was agreeing with you to a degree. Saying you knew someone would win and not picking them is ********. 
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.17.2015 | 12:36 PM ET

My B, dawg.  The interwebz can be cruel for me and I'm not used to being agreed with.

yossgold
yossgold

03.17.2015 | 3:48 PM ET

@loudenSwain, there are many reasons you "know" a fighter will lose but pick him/her.

I can promise you I've picked a ****load of fights that I had a strong feeling would go the other way for a various reasons (I'll list a few):

1. Fanboyism - I knew BJ Penn would lose to Rory and Frankie but picked him - can't pick against BJ
2. Dog hunting - Winning UFC cards is about catching the ones others won't, so even though you know a fighter's most likely going to lose, he's live enough a dog for you to see him find a way and you go for it
3. He's Michael Johnson's opponent - you know he's going to lose but you pick him
4. And my "favourite", I let Tapology % sway me a lot more than I'd like to. I see a fight going a certain way but he's a 20% tap dog. Now since I'm relatively new to the sport and have some confidence issues with my knowledge of the sport along with the high standards I hold this site's users at, I sometimes chicken out of what I "know" is going to happen and go with the Tap favourite. It's been happening less these days, I've learnt to trust my analysis more (or at least those are easier to live with when I'm wrong) but they still happen on occasion.
5. If I've already got a few dogs picked on a card, I sometimes go for the "safer" pick on another dog even though I "know" how it's going to end because full card scoring does matter to me. A fight that I'd tell anyone who'd want to hear about it the other guy's gonna win but couldn't risk it because the rest of the card was already risky.

Those are just a few reason I would pick against my "gut feeling" or even common sense and cold analysis, I'm pretty sure there are a few more and I'm pretty sure most of them make me look either dumb or just insecure, but they're all realities that happen so for you to just say that there's no such thing as picking against your gut feeling, insinuating those people are lying or copping out of admitting they were wrong is a bit of a broad statement. Even when I say I went against my gut, I'm saying I was wrong, it's not a cop out. At the end of the day, for whatever reason, you picked the fight wrong, but since this is a forum I see no harm in sharing your frustration with the fact (or not, depend who's writing) that you did actually see it going the other way and brain-farted.

EDIT:: By the way, I'm pretty sure those^ are the reasons I'll never win a UFC card :)

* Edited at 03.17.2015, 3:51 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m definitely going to sue Canelo for defamation’: De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia, Jose Aldo’s return at UFC 301, Mike Perry shines again, Paul vs. Tyson sanctioned
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo's coach predicts brutal knockout over Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Destroyer’ Draws Two-Year Prison Sentence
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: Ilia Topuria 'not going about things the right way' as UFC champion
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Mais Forte que o Mundo’: Is this even a Jose Aldo movie?