Topic: Michinori Tanaka

Tanaka popped for Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine, suspended for 9 months

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.03.2014 | 1:21 PM ET

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!

From FOXSports.com:

"UFC bantamweight Michinori Tanaka tested positive for ephedrine and pseudoephedrine based on a pre-fight urine test administered prior to the event. Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are stimulants banned in athletic competition pursuant to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code. Based on such results, UFC officials decided that Tanaka had violated his promotional agreement and the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. Accepting the accuracy of the test result, Tanaka has admitted to taking over-the-counter allergy medication prior to the fight, likely causing the positive result, and acknowledges the illegal substances were in his system. Consequently, Tanaka agreed to a nine-month suspension from unarmed combat competition. He must pass a drug test at the conclusion of his suspension in order to return to competition. Tanaka will also forfeit his Fight of the Night bonus he earned at the event."

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Michinori Tanaka

Fighter Details

• Given Name: 田中路教, Tanaka Michinori
  • Pro MMA Record: 16-4-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 2 Wins
  • Last Fight: July 09, 2023 in Pancrase
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 135.4 lbs
  • Affiliation: Team Alpha Male Japan
  • Height: 5'5" (165cm) | Reach: 67.5" (171cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $74,000 USD
  • Born: Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
  • Fighting out of: Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Judo
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.03.2014 | 1:26 PM ET

Tanaka has admitted to taking over-the-counter allergy medication prior to the fight, likely causing the positive result, and acknowledges the illegal substances were in his system.

Lol, if all he did was take some benadryl this is ********. I'm not really sure how METH would help someone in a fight. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, and 35 minutes from now.
michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

12.03.2014 | 2:32 PM ET

Yeah, that's a ******* joke. Dude is sick and needs allergy medicine, we need to revisit the ******* guidelines for illegal substances. 

"Frig off, bud"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.03.2014 | 2:32 PM ET

Major MMA outlets really are slow as ****, this was news 2 weeks ago.

It is what it is, sucks he loses 50k and is out 9 months for something that probably at best helps with weight cutting and maybe a bit with jet lag and is in common medicine. Tanaka should have known it is banned though, he's not the first to test positive for it and claim medicine.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

12.03.2014 | 2:39 PM ET

There has to be a way to determine the source of the positive substance. Like if somebody legit has allergies is he/she not allowed to take medicine that would make them well enough to train and fight? I know people have and do abuse the system, but there has got to be a way around it. I don't know what it is, but the UFC has people working for them that are smarter than I am. 

"Frig off, bud"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.03.2014 | 4:33 PM ET

If you're an ultimate fighter you better have an ultimate immune system, or ultimately put up with your ultimate illnesses, or you're getting ultimately suspended and ultimately fined...ultimately.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, and 35 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.03.2014 | 5:24 PM ET

I don't know if I totally believe the allergy thing. Seriously, it's come to the point where you don't trust anyone with abs anymore.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.04.2014 | 1:24 AM ET

Testing positive for the main ingredient in otc alergy and cold medicines isn't that damning. Though it is a stimulant and therefor could be considered performance enhancing.  Maybe he has alergies, maybe he's taking diet pills, or maybe he's just a meth head. No matter the reason he took them it is banned and he failed to disclose. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

12.04.2014 | 1:35 AM ET

If you're fighting at that level you should know better, but man, losing 50k over allergy medicine if he legitimately took it for that is a tough pill to swallow, pun intended. That said, I remember taking some of that stuff before a pickup hockey game years ago when I had a cold, and I felt awesome while playing. I remember thinking so that's why this is banned. 

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat