Topic: Antônio Silva

What's next for Bigfoot?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.15.2014 | 9:15 AM ET

With suspension served (as of June, 9th) and TRT banned, anyone know what'll become of Pezão? As far as I know, with his acromegaly won't it be totally hazardous to his well-being to come off TRT or at least some other testosterone boosting **** he's taking to make up for the low levels caused by his condition.

Anyone know a bit more about this?

* Edited at 06.15.2014, 10:31 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Antônio "BigFoot" Silva

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Antônio Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 19-15-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: BigFoot
  • Current Streak: 8 Losses
  • Last Fight: March 23, 2024
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 265.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 82.0" (208cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $785,000 USD
  • Born: Campina Grande, Paraiba, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Brasilia, Federal District, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.15.2014 | 11:33 AM ET

Oh bigfoot is Back Soon Big Ben RothWell Cant Be Far Behind .

bigfoot should fight one of these three fighters and im gonna make this my huge comment

1 . Travis Browne 
Bigfoot should rematch Travis Browne as I remember bigfoot knocked him out but Travis Browne had a leg injury making him loss . injury happened in the fight so the loss is a loss and I think a rematch would be an interesting fight

2. Roy Nelson

Two huge bean going too war what Is there not to look farward too this fight would be one with heavy shoot landingand would fit in with the rankings . ino roy is fighting mark hunt but I think roy will win and this fight will be good since the mark hunt vs bigfoot fight is a NC

3. Stipe Miocic 

pretty much the dark horse of the heavyweight div having him fight bigfoot would allow people to compare him to fighters like overeem and DC and CV in there fights with big foot but at the same time if bigfoot won he would be back up in the rankings
yossgold
yossgold

06.15.2014 | 11:46 AM ET

Question isn't who he can fight ... question is CAN he? Since TRT is banned and he kinda needs to generate testosterone on account of his medical condition ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

06.15.2014 | 8:12 PM ET

Hasn't  Bigfoot failed 2 drug tests in his career already? One of the criterias to use TRT.should of been a crystal clean record....and of course having legitimate needs for testosterone. I remember Cheik Kongo said his.body produces an incredibly high amount of testosterone naturally and Ian McCall has been public that he naturally generates slightly below average testosterone but has no medical condition. 

I mean, if you have this REAL condition where your body produces little to no testosterone you need the therapy but Its not fathomable you should be cage fighting. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

06.15.2014 | 8:46 PM ET

Ya i think bigfoot has the only real reason for TRT. He was born with a serious medical condition, so as long as his level dont go crazy high and theres nothing else in his system, he gets a pass fair or not. But guys like sonnen (who i became a fan of), belfort, marquardt and all these other guys dont need that ****. If they do as in the case of chael where hes trying to have a kid, i understand. But they cant fight with it cause they dont have a real medical condidtion. Just retire if you feel you need it just to be able to compete or for family reasons. Most of the guys mentioned have already made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives. And they dont have to give up MMA altogether. Become an announcer with the ufc, train at the gym while spending time helping to develope the newer generation of fighters, maybe even open your own gym so you still have money coming in. TRT is the new excuse for trying to get away with cheating.

As far as Bigfoots next opponent, give him some low level guy whos about to get cut anyways just to shake off the ring rust. Then its ******* time for Bigfoot vs Hunt 2. Cause the fight ended in a majority draw, so we never got a winner. And with hunt being 40yrs old, theres a really short window for him, so time is important.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

06.15.2014 | 9:07 PM ET

Do you have any substantial evidence that giantism leads to necessarily taking sythentic testosterone and steroids for the duration of your adult life? Bigshow, Andre The Giant, and a few cases I've read on with people that have had giantism I've never once read that their body fails at producing testosterone because of it or as a result of extracting the tumor and  such. Also Bigfoot has popped for steroids twice...HE SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO TAKE TRT AND BE A PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER.

That's the thing about TRT, It's so easy.to spin that you need it but if they NEEDED it to be healthy Hendo would of taken it in the NCAA's and the Olympics...but he didn't. Chael wasn't using it when he was going to the Olympic trials or when he became an all American. Bigfoot wasn't taking TRT all along either, once he found out he could use it he did, because he's a proven cheater and this was a catch 22. You can get a doctor to spin you need TRT for just about anything...All of Sonnens ******** excuses, Hendos, Vitors, Bigfoots...Nate basically said he didn't need it but wanted it because...why not? You think Marquardt on the cover of Mens Fitness Magazine needed.TRT? 19 yearold 225lb ripped Vitor?

These guys abused steroids all their life or just got old, they weren't able to accept reality. How is it fair that someone who has been a professional for...17 years can legally have the testosterone levels of twice what Rockhold has? Aka Vitor.....how is that not preposterous?

It's just so much ********, a headache to even discuss.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

06.15.2014 | 9:18 PM ET

Well with TRT being kind of new, there hasnt been to many deep studies into it. Maybe they can find a way to take the **** out of it, but still make a medication that helps with his medical problems and wont be illegal. When it comes to TRT and all these new synthetic ****, there really hasnt been controlled tests and studies done by real credible doctors. Seems the medical community hasnt cought up yet. 
yossgold
yossgold

06.16.2014 | 2:19 AM ET

@Nomad, I agree totally ... especially as now that it's banned most of these guys are cycling off and keeping on fighting even though they can't use this therapy that they apparently "needed to live and be healthy". So wait, did you NEED need it or did it just help you age a tad slower (which is, well, kinda unfair, amirite?)

Because if it was used only as an anti-aging thing, then that's not really sportsmanlike, athletes age, aren't as good as they were, retire and then the young bucks take over ... that's fair.

I thought about this a lot when the ban was announced ... I was thinking that all these guys' excuse was we need this ****. So in order to back that up, all of them had to retire. Magically, none of them did (if Chael hadn't got busted, he wouldn't have retired either - he's just smart enough to know what this whole thing means and that retiring is the only way he could come out of this somewhat clean enough to keep his TV job was to go all the way with the "I need this" defense). That's why Bigfoot's case was the one that I was interested in hearing some opinions on ... he, allegedly, REALLY needs it ... but I'm leaning towards believing he was abusing his medical condition to get an unfair edge. Also, it can be argued, then if your medical condition means you need to use a substance in order to be a top level athlete, then you just can't be a top level athlete. It's not for everyone. It's not like being a top level athlete is a civic right or something. Most people on the planet just can't do it for some reason or the other. There are many medical conditions that have cut athlete's careers short, if there was treatment (which just happened to also be a performance booster), should it be allowed just because they got that condition? Struve got that **** with his heart, and was forced to step down 'till he fixed it. Lesnar's **** also forced him away. It's unfair, but if a medical condition prevents you from doing something, it is what it is.

One thing's for sure, Vitor's next fight (if it ever happens) is going to be very interesting. I'm putting my money on a bit flabbier (a-la post-drug-bust Übereem), less crazy, not as explosive Vitor.

* Edited at 06.16.2014, 6:45 AM ET *

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

06.16.2014 | 5:26 AM ET

Yeah im not a doctor so i cant say 100% sure that he needs it or not, or just how bad his medical condition really is. But like i said, if he indeed needs it, then he gets a pass as long as the dosage is at the bare minimum to still be effective. Anything over is uneeded and could be considered cheating at that point. So because hes a special case, he needs to be tested often and without notice. This way he cant raise the level to high for training and then drop the levels back down just in time for the fight. Again not being a doctor, i only know what i researched on it. And all those big medical words and terms is like giving me a 3rd grade math book and then asking me to explain string theory in detail.
blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

06.16.2014 | 11:59 AM ET

I wanted to see Bigfoot-Struve, but Struve is fighting Can Mitrione, which im ok with since he's been out for over a year. I hope I see that fight in the future, I think it would be very interesting.

"@AndySalasMMA"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.16.2014 | 12:20 PM ET

Bigfoot is like.. the only guy in MMA right now that truly needs TRT. So I really am curious as to whether or not he fights again.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

06.16.2014 | 12:28 PM ET

I don't think he can return until sometime in September. They usually don't book guys until they're off suspension.

If Nelson beats Hunt then that would the logical match-up. But I also like the idea of Bigfoot fighting Josh Barnett as well.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

yossgold
yossgold

06.16.2014 | 2:43 PM ET

@unbeknownst, his suspension ended on June 9th.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024