Topic: UFC 176

Gray Maynard vs. Fabrício Camões booked for UFC 176

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.20.2014 | 9:07 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 356 others

Source

Can someone please tell me why Camões is the UFC's go-to guy when they need to get a fighter back into the top 10 when he's looking a bit off?

I means seriously, I have him ranked somewhere between 55-65 in the division and his last 3 fights are Guillard (after his losses to Lauzon and Miller had knocked him just out of the top 10), Jim Miller after his "loss" to Bam-Bam made him look like he was declining out of the top 10 and now Gray Maynard who's last losses are also kind of signaling his decline out of "the mix".

When he was set to fight Miller I thought it was coincidence, with the Guillard fight being a short notice replacement. But now it's 3 fights in a row against dwindling top 10ers who are waaaaay above him in the rankings ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

UFC 176
  • Saturday 08.02.2014 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Fox Sports 1
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Staples Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info

Responses Page 2

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.08.2014 | 2:20 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 356 others

Yeah, and the Jacare/Mousasi headliner is better than most of those FS1 cards. Heck, make it an official MW title eliminator, you could stick it as the main event on a FOX card.

* Edited at 07.08.2014, 2:21 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,384  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.08.2014 | 8:37 PM ET

Sounds like the card has been scrapped.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

07.08.2014 | 8:46 PM ET

Holy **** it cannot be THAT hard to just push up Brown/Lawler to main event this card.
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,239  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

07.08.2014 | 8:47 PM ET

lame . this would of been a good card for Fox .they didn't have to cancel the whole thing ****** Dana .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowns ‘Girl’ De La Hoya After Win
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’