Topic: Top FC 2

Top FC 2 Featherweight Tournament

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

04.30.2014 | 11:54 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 30th with 2 others

Looks like Top FC has announced that they are having a featherweight tournament with a bunch of Korean prospects. As well, there will be some Japanese fighters flown in, but I am not sure if they will be in the tournament. The event is currently set for May 30th. This should be a great weekend of Korean MMA with Road FC 15 going down on May 31st.

Currently some guys set to fight in the tournament are:
Young Gwang Choi (8-7)
Jae Woong Kim (4-0) One of my favorite Korean prospects
Dong Gyu Kim (2-0 as a pro)
Sung Hwa Han (4-3)
Sung Won Jo (1-2-1)
Chang Joo Lee (1-0)
Min Wook Yoon (3-0 as an amateur)

This should be streamed on the same station/website they streamed last time, so I will do my best to keep everyone updated for those that want to watch.

* Edited at 04.30.2014, 12:56 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Top FC 2
  • Friday 05.30.2014 at 05:30 AM ET
  • Name: Top FC 2: Featherweight Grand Prix
  • Also Known As: TOP FC 2 - 페더급 그랑프리
  • Promotion: Top FC
  • Ownership: Hyung Jin Kwon
  • Venue: Olympic Park
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jae Young Kim   defeats   Ben Kelleher   via KO/TKO, Injury   0:24 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sung Hwa Han   defeats   Joji Mikami   via KO/TKO, Punches   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Dong Gyu Kim   defeats   Jae Woong Kim   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Young Gwang Choi   vs.   Min Uk Yoon   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Cut From a Headbutt   Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kwan Ho Kwak   defeats   Han Bin Park   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sung Won Son   defeats   Jun Hee Moon   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Se Yoon Jung   defeats   In Song Kim   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Han Guk Jung   defeats   Kyung Ho Park   via KO/TKO, Elbow   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Young Jun Lee   defeats   Hwan Choi   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Kyu Sung Kim   defeats   Un Sung Jung   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.30.2014 | 12:13 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 280 Points   |   22nd Place

Jae Woong is definitely the fave and I expect him to win but Young Gwang and Sung Hwa are both darkhorses having fought very tough comp already and both have beat some solid guys including Sung Hwa beating Young in their last fights.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

05.08.2014 | 11:17 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 30th with 2 others

So it looks like they came out with the seeds, so the top seeds will be matched with low seeds, I would assume next week. From what it sounds like the match ups will be fan voted.

Top seeds:
Sung Hwa Han
Young Gwang Choi
Jae Woong Kim
TBA Japanese Fighter

Fighters to be matched with them:
Dong Gyu Kim
Sung Won Jo
Chang Joo Lee
Min Wook Yoon

* Edited at 05.08.2014, 11:21 AM ET *

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

05.15.2014 | 3:19 PM ET

So it looks like the Japanese fighter was revealed to be 2-0 fighter Joji Mikami, who will be making a weight drop from 70 kg (154 lbs) where he has fought his 2 bouts in VTJ and Shooto.

As well, 2 bouts have additionally been announced:
Han Bin Park vs Kwan Ho Kwak
Michael Ahn vs Jun Hee Moon

For those curious about Jun Hee Moon's 2 year absense from MMA, it was due to deciding to get his national 2 year mandatory military service finished, while still young.

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

05.30.2014 | 8:14 PM ET

Looks like every single underdog won on this card, except the first fight. Pretty impressive.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.30.2014 | 8:32 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   71st Place

Man, **** South Korean MMA. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Errol Spence should pay Derrick James his worth
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier adds short-notice debutant Mitch Raposo
  • MMA Mania : Mouthy Mac Warned To ‘Be Careful’ With Khabib Critique
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier stars in new Bud Light commercial ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor adopts 'cold in the soul' approach, won't fight with animosity in UFC return
  • MMAFighting.com : Husband and coach of UFC fighter arrested for alleged sexual abuse of child
  • MMA Mania : Finalized! UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Mitch Raposo steps into UFC 302 for debut vs. Andre Lima