Tapology Forums

Alexis Davis v Jessica Eye at UFC 170 whats's you thoughts?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BigBilbar7
BigBilbar7
  • Predictions:  5,241  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 94

12.31.2013 | 3:27 PM ET

Responses

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

12.31.2013 | 4:27 PM ET

Whats's you thoughts? You're from Scotland, its you're ******* language.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.31.2013 | 4:32 PM ET

That's how you write it in a Scottish accent ;)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

12.31.2013 | 6:45 PM ET

It's not, believe me ;)

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

12.31.2013 | 6:46 PM ET

Solid matchup. Still somewhat surprised Davis didn't get the Rousey fight considering Cat Zingano will be out for a little longer. Zingano is expected to start sparring in March. The reason I thought Davis would get the Rousey fight over McMann is she is 2-0 over Rosi Sexton and Liz Carmouche. Although McMann probably has the better chance of the the two she only has a UFC win over Shiela Gaff who is no longer employed by the UFC.

The winner of Davis/Eye should get the next shot after Zingano. That would make the winner of this fight have to wait roughly 10 months though. Figure Rousey/McMann will be in February, Rousey, providing she wins, vs Zingano around 4th of July and and the winner of Davis /Eye sometime at or around December. But who knows there's a lot of things that could happen including unwarranted Title shots that the UFC is accustomed to making.

As for Davis and Eye I'm probably gonna take Davis by close Decision although I would love to see Eye win. 
Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

12.31.2013 | 6:47 PM ET

Alexis Davis v Jessica Eye at UFC 170 whats's you thoughts?

It would be something like.

Alexis Davis vs Jessica Eye it UFC wan sivintae - whits yer thoats?

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

yossgold
yossgold

01.01.2014 | 3:15 AM ET

@Detroit Superstar, I'm pretty sure they've just been waiting for McMann to get over her reported personal issues to make that Olympian medalist vs. Olympian medalist fight.

This is a marketing decision, not a rankings decision.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

01.01.2014 | 3:17 AM ET

@Ron, I know you're Scottish an'all, but wouldn't be more on the lines of:

Alaxas Devas gonne feight Jasseca Eiee it UFC wan sivintae - whits yer thoats?
:)

p.s. I'm English and Scots are still my fav Brits with the best accent ... us English are just wankers ;)

* Edited at 01.01.2014, 3:19 AM ET *

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

01.01.2014 | 3:40 AM ET

The winner probably won't have to wait 10 months.

I'm sure the UFC will sign Holly Holm and probably have the winner of Davis/Eye fight her in a #1 contender fight around when the Zingano bout is happening.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

01.01.2014 | 6:02 AM ET

@unbeknownst Good luck with "I'm sure the UFC will sign Holly Holm."

* Edited at 01.01.2014, 6:03 AM ET *

yossgold
yossgold

01.01.2014 | 6:18 AM ET

Even if they do sign her (which I think they will since Dana said he's getting asked about her like he was about McGregor before they signed him), no way they give Holly a #1 contender fight to start off with ... they're gonna have her solidify the hype vs. a bonafide UFC talent before they start putting eggs in that basket ... maybe have her fight another striker to start off with a win and get her some more fans before sticking her on main cards in the money fights ... and even then, unless she wins in a fashion that gets the whole MMA community talking about her they'd probably test her against a solid grappler too before throwing her to the wolves since she does come from boxing ...

* Edited at 01.01.2014, 6:22 AM ET *

edwinx1903
edwinx1903

01.01.2014 | 11:57 AM ET

The problem with Holm is that her manager is asking for a 6 figure contract and an immediate title shot.

There's no way she's getting those demands when she's so unproven yet.
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.01.2014 | 12:06 PM ET

That sucks they are asking that much money I doubt Dana Pays that unless she goes to Invicta and brutally KOs Nakamoto or Murphy. And I agree she would be a couple fights from a title shot if they grabbed her. I would like to see her fight Randemine. Both have striking backgrounds. then maybe Nunes, she would strike first but if Holm started lighting her up she would test Holm on the ground. If Holm won both of those then a fight with Rousey would be interesting. Rousey would tap her in seconds but if Holm could get a couple of KO wins in the UFC it would be interesting to find out if Holm could knock her out before getting tossed and subbed.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.01.2014 | 12:12 PM ET

Crocop got 2 million for 6 fights so paying 100 kor so is not that much.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

edwinx1903
edwinx1903

01.01.2014 | 12:14 PM ET

Holm's manager claims she's been offered 6 figure contracts from boxing promoters, but that she wants to do MMA instead and that's why she won't sign with anyone for anything less than that and that she's getting paid top dollar to compete on the small regional shows she does compete in.
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

01.02.2014 | 12:35 AM ET

@yossgold I agree 100% with you on the Holly Holm situation. If she does get signed I could see her first opponent being Germaine de Randamie, Jessica Rakoczy or even Jessamyn Duke. Preferably one of the 1st two. I don't think the UFC will put her against the top talent and risk derailing the Holly Holm Hype Train.

If her demands are to get an instant Title Shot it's just for the payday. I like Holm and her fighting style and believe she is really good. Ronda Rousey, Sara McMann, Alexis Davis good? No way. Too unproven at this point. I take nothing away from her but she hasn't fought the toughest competition yet.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

01.03.2014 | 1:18 AM ET

@grizzlyedwin Thanks for wishing me luck. But I'm not the one that's going to have to sign her, the UFC (Sean Shelby) is.

But if they do end up signing her by year's end, they will be paying her good money. Which means they're not going to give her easy fights. They're going to drop her off in the deep in end. If she can't handle it they'll cut her so they don't have to pay her over priced contract.

When the UFC signed Hector Lombard they booked him against then 10 ten ranked Brian Stann and then eventually Tim Boetsch. If Lombard would of beat Boetsch they would of booked him against Silva for the MW belt.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith no longer 'blinded' by title goal before UFC 301: 'I'm almost carrying an anchor with me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Stephen A. Smith ‘disgusted’ at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as pro bout
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Confronts And Blasts ‘F—king P—sy’ De La Hoya
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez goes off on 'f*cking p*ssy' Oscar De La Hoya, separated mid-press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez, Oscar De La Hoya separated after profane presser exchange; Alvarez erupts
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He tried to steal money and he’s a f—ing a—hole’: Canelo steps to Oscar at press conference
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Kaan Ofli | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Omran Chaaban | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Edwin Cooper | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Get To Know Featherweight Edwin Cooper | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – May 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Karolina Kowalkiewicz leans on experience to overcome record 16-year age gap vs. Iasmin Lucindo at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Sean Strickland brandishes handgun after kids play ding-dong ditch at his house
  • Middle Easy : Alex Volkanovski Reacts To Joe Rogan Claiming Ilia Topuria Ducked ‘Old Man Volk’ At UFC 305
  • UFC.com : Public Events Schedule | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg