Topic: Myles Jury

Myles Jury vs. Diego Sanchez Set For UFC 171

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

12.12.2013 | 11:56 AM ET

Good fight.

Myles is about to take a huge step up in competition, but this will tell us where he'a truly at in the lightweight division.

Source: https://twitter.com/ufcnews/status/411174736991748097
Myles "Fury" Jury

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Myles Madison Jury
  • Pro MMA Record: 19-6-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Fury
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: June 25, 2021 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 156.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Alliance MMA
  • Height: 5'11" (181cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $253,400 USD
  • Born: Hazel Park, Michigan, United States
  • Fighting out of: San Diego, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.14.2013 | 11:15 AM ET

On Inside MMA yesterday or the day before Sanchez looked very out of shape. I know he is a guy that isn't always in the best shape when not in camp (and he shouldn't have to be) but he looked more out of shape then I think I have seen him in a longgg time.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.14.2013 | 1:35 PM ET

@yossgold  I go by Bill, not Dude.  But I'll be cordial, yoss, because I give you all the respect in the world.  Would appreciate the same in return.  

I am not going 'ape****'.  I expressed surprise and disappointment.  And I explained why Diego is not undefeated and why Myles was.  How is that 'ape****'?  I don't think Myles has earned Diego yet.  Too big a leap up.  Why is that 'getting my panties in a bunch'?

Diego won 2 fights that were questionable.  He won a razor-close SD over Kampmann and all I read was how Kampmann was robbed.  I agree that Gomi won but so what?  I'm so sick of MMA fans *****ing over some questionable reffing and not others.  

When Hendricks was gifted a win over Koscheck, no one said boo because everyone wanted to see Hendricks fight GSP.  Why didn't the MMA hypocrites ***** their brains out that Kos knocked Hendricks out of the contender line????  Why? Why? Why?

You ask who I would have matched Diego up with.  Good question, as if you care what I think!  And yeah, I'm aware of all the myriad factors that go into a match-making decision.  Give me some credit.

I would have considered Nate Diaz and Gray Maynard.  But before you start your rant, let me first say that I do not feel in any way bound by the UFC's infamous, inglorious and stupid policy of only matching winning fighters with other winning fighters, and only losing fighters with other losing fighters.  The most stupid, unjustified policy in all of sports.  Too limiting and too ignorant.

Nate just beat Maynard.  Nate was coming off 2 losses to Henderson and Thomson.  Maynard is much, much more appropriate for a match with Sanchez.  What would be so wrong with a Sanchez vs. Maynard match, yoss?   Why isn't Maynard a better match?  Answer me that one, if you can.  If the question isn't too tough for you.

Other LWs to be considered would have been Pat Healy, who just lost to Khabib Nurmagovedov. A rematch with Melendez might not have been out of the question.  Diego held his won with Gilbert.  He lost but he lost looking great.  

So, to answer your question, I think the pool of LWs to be considered would include:
Nate Diaz, Gray Maynard, Pat Healy, Gilbert Melendez and also Khabib Nurmagovedov.  All would have been less a mismatch than Myles Jury.

If you're not going to respond with respect, don't bother.  I have better things to do with my time.

* Edited at 12.14.2013, 4:17 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.14.2013 | 3:51 PM ET

They can't set Maynard up for a fight since he won't be cleared medically for a while and they wanted to book Sanchez on UFC 171 ASAP.

Nate Diaz, though I personally would love to see that fight is on his way up, Diego needs a win to fight a top 10 guy again. Plain and simple. That's how matchmaking works, and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's stupid, ignorant or limiting (your words) since they do break said unspoken rule in specific cases (enter Sanchez/Fury) but in those cases there need to be other reasons (UFC 171 needs to be exciting / declining fighters meets ascending prospect). They've been doing this for 20 years and for the most part, putting on the best fights money can buy so give them some credit will you now.

Pat Healy? fighting tonight, how can you book another fight?
Melendez rematch? Pah-lease! Melendez schooled him outside of that one uppercut. He looked great because he's got the heart and balls to get beat that bad and still be there to land that one uppercut, not because he held his own. Awesome to watch but doesn't warrant an immediate rematch in my books.
Khabib? Why take a step down when he's one-two wins away from contention?

As for being disrespectful, my "ape-****" remark was due to you asking "to grow up in the process" while all the posts before so were quite mature (though opposed to your opinion) and the barrage of adjectives you used to "protect" Sanchez while people were just stating an opinion that differs from yours and not doing all those things to him. That said, I apologize if you felt disrespected, I hope this post comes across in a better manner.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

12.16.2013 | 6:32 AM ET

@Bill Burgess Going by your logic the UFC would lack any serious new contenders because what you're basically saying is that up and coming fighters shouldn't fight proven solid veteran fighters because they don't deserve it.

That doesn't make sense.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2013 | 10:18 AM ET

@grizzly  It may sound that way but that is not how I envision it.  The 11-15 ranked guys should be fighting the 6-10 ranked guys or thereabouts.  

I'm just saying the spread should not be that great.  At the moment, tapology is ranking Sanchez at 16th and Jury at 27th.  Too great a spread.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.16.2013 | 10:48 AM ET

"The 11-15 ranked guys should be fighting the 6-10 ranked guys or thereabouts."

Agreed - after wins.

After losses they either fight guys that have lost at their same ranking area or in special circumstances guys ranked lower than them that are streaking and in need of a step up.

You seem to be constantly ignoring the fact that Diego's coming off a very dominant loss.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis previews ADXC 4 headliner: Marc Diakiese 'tough opposition, but I'm more than ready'
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Predicts Poirier’s Guillotine Demise
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch LFA's best fight finishes from April 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ In WWE?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL CEO Pete Murray: Jake Paul will make 'biggest MMA debut ever' likely in 2025
  • MMA Mania : Video! Lomachenko, Kambosos Share Awkward Three-Minute Faceoff
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Official Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Weigh-In Stream, Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis preview show: Will Derrick Lewis deliver another emphatic knockout? 
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC on ESPN 56 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, Joaquin Buckley's money, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia poster released featuring Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Inks New BKFC Ownership Deal
  • UFC.com : Sean Woodson Wants To Make A Statement At Home
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC initially offered Paulo Costa in Rio, Nassourdine Imavov not what he wanted
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: 24 Fun Tidbits, Facts And Storylines!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Gambling Preview: Will Derrick Lewis add another knockout to his UFC record?
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Ceremonial Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking