Topic: Alp Ozkilic

New comer Alp Ozkilic in for injured Moraga

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

11.26.2013 | 11:08 PM ET

Ozkilic is in for an injured John Moraga against Darren Uyenoyama at UFC on Fox 9. He looks like a pretty solid fighter and his only loss is to Chico Camus. He knocked out Antonio Banuelos in May and his last win before that ended with a brutal barrage of elbows. The link is to that fight.

Alp "The Turkish Delight" Ozkilic

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Alptekin Ozkilic
  • Pro MMA Record: 9-5-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Turkish Delight
  • Current Streak: 4 Losses
  • Last Fight: May 22, 2016 in TFC
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 134.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: St Charles MMA
  • Height: 5'5" (165cm) | Reach: 65.0" (165cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $76,000 USD
  • Born: Istanbul, Turkey
  • Fighting out of: St. Charles, Missouri
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.27.2013 | 1:04 AM ET

I approve of this signing. UFC making some interesting choices for the Singapore card. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.27.2013 | 2:24 AM ET

This is for UFC on Fox 9, but I agree about the Singapore card too ...

By the way, if you look at the FLW division now, with the new signings and drops from BW it's suddenly become one of the most stacked divisions in the promotion, imo.

I can only see one or two fighters who aren't top notch as opposed to other divisions where you can easily spot the card fillers and future "cutees" ...

Most of the fighters in the division are still on the upside of their careers ... very exciting stuff and a clinic on how to build a division from scratch by the UFC's brass.

* Edited at 11.27.2013, 2:42 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,939  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

11.27.2013 | 10:55 AM ET

Alp is another great addition, man all those signings are crazy.

Not too long ago they wanted to cut 100 guys since the roster was way too big, weird stuff but I like it. Especially when it comes to the smaller guys.

* Edited at 11.27.2013, 11:00 AM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.27.2013 | 11:21 AM ET

Right you are, @yoss. Jumped the gun on that one. 

Still, I think the UFC is making some interesting moves in terms of signing guys that might be a little rough around the edges, but have potential or can simply make an exciting division and give legit prospects quality wins and experience. 

Seems the UFC is realizing that they can't wait for all these prospects to put together 10-fight winning streaks when you've got leagues like WSOF, Bellator, Legacy, etc. all gobbling them up and raising their asking prices and/or locking them down into long-term deals. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 15-Month-Old Son
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: Mike Perry faces 60 days off after 60-second bout