Tapology Forums

Jon Jones On Phil Davis: "He Doesn't Like To Get Hit" Picks Rashad.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.11.2011 | 8:36 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

07.11.2011 | 8:40 PM ET

Phil Davis has even said he doesn't like to get hit, and if he does he shoots for a take down, that is just his natural tendency. 

* Edited at 07.11.2011, 8:43 PM ET *

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

07.11.2011 | 9:00 PM ET

phil got cracked hard by lil nog countering from the southpaw position...he'll be fine, rashad didn't look like he liked gettin hit by machida either, no one likes gettin hit...even chris leben doesn't like it, it just pisses him off and he swings

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

07.11.2011 | 9:22 PM ET

I think rashad takes this fight also, but not because of phil davis not liking to get hit. I think he takes it by being a bit better everywhere.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

outlawmusic
outlawmusic
  • Predictions:  2,101  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  269
  • Post Score: 88

07.11.2011 | 11:03 PM ET

I'm pretty sure Forrest Griffin has said a dozen times or more that he likes getting hit.

"I don't go running, I train to fight not to run" - Don ******* Frye

krazyhopz
krazyhopz

07.11.2011 | 11:06 PM ET

I'm pretty sure Anderson changed his mind about that lol Forrest says a lot of silly ****...most of it should be taken with a grain of salt

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,150  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.11.2011 | 11:13 PM ET

Is he trying to be an ******* now? He never really talked **** like this before, he might be letting his head get too big.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.11.2011 | 11:24 PM ET

I agree, Phil Davis' stock fell in the Nog fight imo...He got his TD's stuffed the whole first round and his striking didn't look improved at all, it was bad.

Saying a guy doesn't really like to get hit is talking trash and being an *******? I still find it funny how Jones' haters try to grasp at everything and turn it negative. "Oh he's so ****y, arrogant, blah blah blah" He's confident, and every fighter should be.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.11.2011 | 11:39 PM ET

and what will evans do to davis? hit him in the face and pounce on him. he will either ko/tko him in the second or get the UD.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.12.2011 | 12:45 AM ET

Rashad will hit Davis. Davis will drop. Davis will have to get woken up.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.12.2011 | 12:59 AM ET

if evans hits him enough times in the face do you think he will turtle up like lesnar?
krazyhopz
krazyhopz

07.12.2011 | 1:05 AM ET

when did rashad become mike tyson? he has very good head movement, but his striking isn't elite by any stretch of the imagination. for anyone down on davis because of the lil nog fight, i think you have to remember he is a southpaw who was good enough at boxing to compete at an olympic level. thats nothing to scoff at, a southpaw is something thats pretty hard to deal with. davis took that fight on short notice, making fight a southpaw with high level boxing that much more difficult. rashads hands are nowhere near lil nogs...and davis only struggled with him in the 1st rd, after that he pretty much dominated him

i think that the rashad fight is very tough for davis at this point in his career, and i wouldn't be shocked if evans pulled it out...but davis has unlimited potential and if he doesn't beat rashad this time, i'd feel sorry for evans in a rematch a year later

* Edited at 07.12.2011, 1:13 AM ET *

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.12.2011 | 1:16 AM ET

Nobody is saying Evans is Mike Tyson. Rashad does have good striking though and he does own some highlight KO's. Rashad can and will keep this fight on the feet. Davis will get KO'd but you're right down the road Davis can improve his overall game and be a top contender for a long time.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

krazyhopz
krazyhopz

07.12.2011 | 1:23 AM ET

the only ko's i can think of are the headkick of a guy i haven't seen fight since, and chuck and i think we all know what was up with that one...his striking isn't horrible, but i don't think its a big problem for davis. as far as the wrestling goes, you may be right that evans can keep it on the feet. i'm just not sold, i believe evans should have cut to 185 a while ago...he is a pretty small 205, and davis is huge at 205 and has a better wrestling background. on paper he should be able to take evans down, but as i said i'm not sure if he can either

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.12.2011 | 1:26 AM ET

He KO'd Jason Lambert at UFC 63...Sean Salmon at a Fight Night....Chuck UFC 88...Has TKO against Forrest at UFC 92....Those are his only UFC finishes

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654

07.12.2011 | 1:31 AM ET

Rashad is not a "one-punch" knockout artist, but he has some very quick technical boxing with great movement. With his wrestling base, I think it will be very difficult for Davis to keep up with Rashad. Rahsad's striking might even be tad bit underrated by me, because he did rock Rampage, and he knocked down Brad Imes twice in their fight, and that guy is a big HW.

I'm not a fan of Rashad, but I think he's going to take Phil Davis by UD.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.12.2011 | 2:42 AM ET

evans is going to come out and hit davis just like he did rampage. suga is then going to ground and pound him for the victory.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.12.2011 | 2:51 AM ET

I don't see a finish either way in this fight, but I do see Evans teaching Phil Davis a thing or two on the feet...Really don't think either fighter will be able to utilize their wrestling...Will be really interested in seeing Rashad's first fight without Greg Jackson

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV