Topic: Hernani Perpétuo

UFC Signs Hernani Perpetuo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

11.02.2013 | 12:39 AM ET

The UFC has signed Shooto welterweight champ Hernani Perpetuo. I don't know too much about him. Is he a good signing? Does he stand a chance in the stacked welterweight pool?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Hernani Perpétuo

Fighter Details

• Name: Hernani Perpétuo
  • Pro MMA Record: 21-9-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: November 24, 2023 in SB
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 183.9 lbs
  • Affiliation: Nova União
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $16,000 USD
  • Born: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

JeremyBrigham81
JeremyBrigham81
  • Predictions:  25,150  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 248

11.02.2013 | 12:48 AM ET

I just don't get signing more welterweights. Hes Got plenty of fights on youtube you can check out of him. I've only seen a few so I can't really give an accurate opinion until I check out a few more of his fights , from what I've seen he looks solid.
sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,494  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

11.02.2013 | 12:49 AM ET

It's a good signing, but they should cut more welterweights before signing more. 

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

11.02.2013 | 1:22 AM ET

Well he was ranked the number one unsigned brazilian WW. I think they are just trying to add more brazilian fighters in the division since they plan on doing a lot of shows in brazil and have lost or will lose a bunch of guys soon.  Palhares is banished, Alcantara is close to getting his walking papers. Pitbull hasnt fought in 19 months, Guimaraes is 1 fight away from being dropped and hasnt shown anything. Ivan Jorge is dropping back down to LW, TUF brazil 2 winner Leo Santos is dropping to LW. Rumors are paulo thiago will retire after this fight with thatch. 

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

11.02.2013 | 1:34 AM ET

Just curious, what was the down arrow for? There were no opinions, i only listed facts.
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

11.02.2013 | 2:00 AM ET

I get 1-3 downvotes on everyone of my posts, dude, it just happens.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

11.02.2013 | 2:27 AM ET

Yeah i guess i gotta get used to it. When i left a while ago it wasnt like that. We mostly gave dumbs down for insults, tolling or just saying dumb stuff in general. Guess a lot of these new guys are just trigger happy with the down arrows.
zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

11.02.2013 | 2:28 AM ET

@ACF You're reminding me of how much the Tapology community has changed in the last 2 years.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

11.02.2013 | 3:15 AM ET

I believe there are a lot of silent grudges on here and of course some are more obvious than others.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

11.02.2013 | 3:40 AM ET

The site has definitely changed in the last few years. 

Edit** The site is different now then it was when I first joined 2 years ago.

* Edited at 11.02.2013, 3:46 AM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

PEACE
PEACE

11.02.2013 | 3:46 AM ET

@legacyofmisfortune

Nah.  I left Sherdog because of the community there, and was always wary of posting here because of it.  Didn't post at all for my first...6-8 months, probably.  Soon as I started to, the random thumbsdowns started as well.  Seems it has nothing to do with "grudges", just ****** people who take advantage of a bad system....same as virtually everywhere else online.  Best to not even look, and just give thumbs up for good posts.

"I probably think you're a ****."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

11.02.2013 | 9:51 AM ET

Any chance the UFC signs prospects they don't necessarily have room for, just so Bellator can't have them?  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

11.02.2013 | 1:13 PM ET

@ben I tought so myself, the UFC might want to sign some prospect  before risking loosing him to a Bellator neverending contract, I wonder how many real prospects with a real shot at making it big have been stopped by the UFC fighters only to get dumped a few fights later without giving them the chance to grow.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

11.02.2013 | 5:38 PM ET

I dont think thats the UFCs style. They hardly sign guys with 5 or 4 fights. Although they just signed a 4-0 guy to fight brunson i think. I think the UFC banks on these guys wanting to make it to the big show, so they dont expect them to wanna get stuck in bellator type contracts. But that doesnt seem to be the case. Cause UFC lost guys like Michael Chandler who was 3-0 when he signed with bellator. Bellator also signed guys like Shawn Bunch 0-0, Michael Page 3-0, Bubba Jenkins 3-0, Cosmo Alexandre 0-0, Cole Konrad 2-0, Liam McGeary 3-0, Joe Warren 2-1, Ben Askren 3-0, Brennan Ward 4-0.

I think the UFC would rather wait till guys develope a bit. They dont want to bring in a young potential star with very little mma expierence and have them get destroyed because of it. While bellator doesnt care about how much mma you have trained. They just care that your a big name (NCAA/Olympic) wrestlers, or come from a high level striking background like cosmo and page. If they get crushed and **** up their careers, its no sweat off bellators back. 

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

11.02.2013 | 6:20 PM ET

@ACFMMA I think that is precisely what could motivate the UFC to sign young prospects, they have passed on them before and now Bellator has legitimate proven fighters that the UFC can't get, so if the UFC haven't done it yet  eventually they are going to start signing young prospects, befor Bellato snatches them, and the UFC has done it before, like they just did with Sergio Pettis who is 20 and has 9 fights and they did it with Velasquez when he had only 2 fights, could you imagine the UFC heavyweight division if Bellator would've singed him first?

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

11.02.2013 | 6:40 PM ET

There are a lot of blue chip prospects, though, who have/had their sights only set on the UFC.  Velasquez is definitely one of them.  I think Sergio Pettis is the same... he would not sign a long term deal with Bellator knowing that he was destined for the UFC like his brother.

It's the next tier down of promising but unheralded fighters that UFC risks losing. 

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • UFC.com : Rodrigo Nascimento Out To Prove He Belongs
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booking, fallout of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Foster vs Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Jon Jones falls out of top 5
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Returns To Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’