Topic: Cerrone vs. Oliveira

Cerrone vs. Oliveira Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,620  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

07.10.2011 | 2:40 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Cerrone vs. Oliveira. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

07.23.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

@Wolf... I think you will pass me out soon enough I cant keep up Ha ha... I will tell you a little secret ! Oliveira will win because hes better ! Not all about toughness buddy :) .. I agree with minotauro except maybe a little less extreme!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

07.23.2011 | 1:14 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Oliveira   wrong Decision  

Well I don't think it will be a beatdown by any means. I just feel like they have very similar styles, but Oliveira edges Cerrone out everywhere a little bit. I could be wrong about the stand up, but Oliveira's takedowns are slick as hell and he can definitely get Cerrone (who relies on his game off his back, rather than TD defense) on the mat.
I give Oliveira a drastic advantage on the ground over almost all lightweights. It's absolutely mind blowing to watch how fluent and aggressive he is on the ground. The work against Lentz was a thing of beauty.

"We Are All One"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

07.23.2011 | 1:46 PM ET

I agree with that!!!.. Where you been man?

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.23.2011 | 1:51 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

the problem with oliveira is he has run thru all his opponents except miller. he was the one fighter who put oliveira in some major trouble and charles could not figure a way out. cerrone is going to put him in the same kind of situation and until mr oliveira can prove to me he can get out of "major trouble" i don't think he can beat cerrone.
jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

07.23.2011 | 4:36 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong Decision  

i think oliveira was laughing (on the inside) when jim miller went for leg lock....not thinking miller was that good...in other words, he took jim miller lightly...payed the price...i dont think he'll be surprised by cerrone, and thats why cerrone will win a decision and not get the stoppage

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.24.2011 | 1:49 AM ET

I would predict a FOTN but goddamn there's so many good fights on that card.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

miguel_ohh
miguel_ohh
  • Predictions:  353  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 69

07.27.2011 | 1:04 PM ET

awesome fight, Cerrone taking it on slightly more experience and power.

"Without free will there is no difference between submission and rebellion."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

07.27.2011 | 2:11 PM ET

@Mino - You really think Oliveira is better on the feet than Cerrone? Oliveira's striking looked great...against Nik Lentz who is far from a good striker. I think his striking is good and will be improving quickly since he's so young but Cerrone is already a very good striker. You don't go 28-0 in pro muay thai without some serious striking.

This fight is going to be awesome, I can't wait!

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

minotauro11
minotauro11

07.27.2011 | 3:15 PM ET

I didn't know about Cerrone's muay thai record to be honest, but I've never been impressed with it in MMA. He hasn't really fought any good strikers and has never really dominated on the feet. I don't really remember the fight, but didn't he get dropped by Horodecki? I don't know man, Oliveira's muay thai is really good. Like really, really good, and like I said, even if I'm wrong about that, his takedowns are so slick and Cerrone has relied off his game off of his back rather than TDD, so Oliveira can get this fight on the ground. 
It seems to me that Cerrone has relied on his length to win on the feet (jabs, leg kicks, headkicks), and Oliveira has used his vicious clinch knees. I think that plays into Cerrone's game really well. 

"We Are All One"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

07.27.2011 | 3:29 PM ET

Agreed I havent been all that impressed by Cerrone's stand up in mma either.. I also agree up there that Oliveira has a slight edge everywhere!

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

07.27.2011 | 3:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Cerrone by KO. Oliviera is good, but not UFC good.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Joegibbs1
Joegibbs1
  • Predictions:  680  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  26
  • Post Score: 58

07.27.2011 | 4:25 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Olivera!

"Break a bone or GO HOME"

minotauro11
minotauro11

07.27.2011 | 6:31 PM ET

Oliveira's not UFC good!? 

No comment...

"We Are All One"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.27.2011 | 8:19 PM ET

Double that no comment.

"I Get Better."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

07.27.2011 | 8:21 PM ET

Triple it!!

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.27.2011 | 8:33 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

i think oliveira is very skilled but i have yet to see him in an all out war unless you count escudero fight. he never has been in real trouble and cerrone can take alot of punishment and i have yet to see oliveira take that much punishment. i'll take the fighter who i know can dish out punishment and can take it too. cerrone just by being tougher at this point in his career.
Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

07.27.2011 | 8:39 PM ET

The loss to Miller could prove to be a career booster for Oli. He's felt that loss-pain early on, and recovered from it..he'll only get better. Will he win?I see a crazy sub.

"I Get Better."

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

07.27.2011 | 8:53 PM ET

I think Oli's aggression is going to be the key to this fight.  I may change my pick from sub to dec, but I see Cowboy doing the same kind of strategy that he did against Rocha, but instead Oli of staying on the outside like Rocha did and half-assing pulling guard, I bet Oli charges in and eventually pulls of a slick submission.

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

minotauro11
minotauro11

07.27.2011 | 9:18 PM ET

I can see Oliveira finding a sub, although Cerrone is pretty good on the ground. Oliveira comes at you with so much aggression on the ground, creating scramble after scramble, and I feel like Cerrone (or anyone else) could get caught there. I'm not sure if Cerrone will leave his neck out against Oliveira like he did against Ben Henderson, but Oliveira is so aggressive, he won't settle with a decision. 
That said I'll probably go with Oliveira by decision. 

"We Are All One"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

07.27.2011 | 9:26 PM ET

TKO or KO!! Come on Cowboy!!!

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : BRAZILIAN BREAKDOWN | UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : NAC pushes back on proposed Igor Severino punishment for UFC bite, cites 'unbelievably dangerous' precedent
  • MMA Junkie : NAC confirms two UFC 300 fighters' pay withheld, says Dana White offered to pay fine for cage leap
  • MMAFighting.com : Paul Felder replaces Joe Rogan on UFC 301 broadcast team
  • MMAFighting.com : Igor Severino faces stiffer penalty after Nevada Commission denies 6-month suspension for biting UFC opponent
  • MMA Mania : UFC Roster Tracker: Who Came, Who Left In April
  • MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan, Diego Lopes have pay withheld, face potential discipline after UFC 300 incidents
  • Middle Easy : Jimmy Smith Brutally Rips Ronda Rousey For Accusing Joe Rogan And Media Of Turning On Her
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White trashes NBC News over reporting of Jon Jones incident with UFC drug testers
  • MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis vs. Marc Diakiese grappling match headlines ADXC 4 on May 18
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Tom Aspinall is absolutely right about UFC 304; Plus, Jose Aldo’s future after UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja, Erceg Face Off In Rio
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Likes ‘The Uproar’ After Belal Muhammad Becomes Champ, Says He’ll Be ‘Enemies’ With Jiri Prochazka If ‘BJP’ Moves To 185
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Hernandez withdraws from UFC 302 due to hand injury
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez vs. Tagir Ulanbekov back on for UFC Fight Night on June 15
  • MMA Mania : Perry Suspended 60 Days Following ‘KnuckleMania 4’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: UFC champion Ilia Topuria's current approach 'not coming off great'
  • MMAFighting.com : Charles Oliveira open to ‘big fight’ at welterweight after UFC 300 loss: ‘Why not?’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Ilia Topuria Saying ‘No’ To Alexander Volkanovski And Other Top Contenders Is ‘Weird’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Paul Felder replaces Joe Rogan to join Daniel Cormier, Jon Anik in Brazil