Topic: Fresquez Productions

Havoc: Holm vs. Hayes

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.16.2013 | 10:47 AM ET

Hayes may not have a fantastic record, but her recent streak is better than the beginning of her career and she certainly represents a step up in competition regarding experience. Apparently Holm's management is having a helluvatime finding women to sign on the dotted line to face her.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Fresquez Productions
Bout   Info
Holly Holm   defeats   Angela Hayes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cody East   defeats   Esteves Jones   via KO/TKO, Knees and Punches   1:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chuck Pieritz   defeats   Chris Leyva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gabriel Benítez   defeats   Rey Trujillo   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:25 Round 2 of 3, 8:25 Total Bout Page
Nick Urso   defeats   Jesus Urbina   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:19 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Clint Roberts   defeats   Eduardo Gamboa Jr.   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage   0:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kelly Westby   defeats   Steven Baca   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Nate Armstrong   defeats   Anthony Morales   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:50 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jerome Rivera   defeats   Ricky Esquibel   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:21 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

10.16.2013 | 10:50 AM ET

Gotta get Holm into Invicta. Plenty of tough ladies there and Invicta seems willing to let the fighters move up to the UFC without any issue. 

"I live, I die, I live again."

skelliher
skelliher

10.16.2013 | 11:01 AM ET

Fighters with bright futures will definitely gravitate toward Invicta and Legacy type promotions moving forward, at least if they have any designs on fighting in the UFC. Bellator contracts are probably starting to scare away a lot of career-minded fighters. And we've seen a big jump up in quality over the last few Legacy cards. 

Legacy, RFA and Invicta are becoming places where top-level fighters can gain experience, put a streak together and make enough money to stay afloat while they feel out the UFC and Bellator. But in my mind, the UFC is still the only promotion where a pro can expect to make a living without winning a Bellator title. 

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

10.16.2013 | 11:03 AM ET

nice to see her not locked into a LFC contract . she must be fighting 1 fight contracts till the UFC takes notice. Cant imagine Invicta hasnt noticed and made an offer . they need the 135ers bad right now and Holm vs Nakamoto would be epic. but on the other hand , I cant imagine Greg Jackson isnt in Danas ear to sign her . So i guess time will only tell while she beats up cans.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

skelliher
skelliher

10.16.2013 | 11:05 AM ET

@curt: Holly signed a 4-fight contract with Legacy, so she should still have 2 fights left on that contract, but Legacy is willing to work with top fighters like her and let them compete elsewhere, especially if they can't sign anyone to fight her. I imagine we'll see Holly fight another Legacy bout or two in the first half of 2014 before signing with the UFC.

EDIT: According to this just-published Junkie article, Holm is expected to return to the Legacy cage for a March 2014 fight. Promoter Mick Maynard claims that 40 women turned down the opportunity to fight her last weekend before Knudsen finally accepted. 

* Edited at 10.16.2013, 11:13 AM ET *

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

10.19.2013 | 12:37 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 88th

"Promoter Mick Maynard claims that 40 women turned down the opportunity to fight her last weekend before Knudsen finally accepted."

That's crazy!

I like how they're gradually stepping up her competition. Hayes has pretty much only lost to really good fighters. I'd like to see her in Invicta or the UFC after this, from that statement above I think those 2 are the only organizations with enough pull to get good fighters to take a fight with her.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

10.19.2013 | 12:45 PM ET

Holly is extremely talented and her striking is brutal so I can see and believe why 40 female fighters turned down the fight against her.

* Edited at 10.19.2013, 12:45 PM ET *

skelliher
skelliher

12.01.2013 | 6:54 PM ET

Bumping due to relevance.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

12.06.2013 | 4:38 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 13 others

Havoc will be streaming live here:

http://hollyholm.com/havoc-live-stream/

it says 8 PM, but doesn't give a time zone.  The fight is in New Mexico, so I assume Mountain time.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.06.2013 | 3:52 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 13 others

Holm close to a UFC deal and has exit clause in her LFC contract. See here.

I think she can win the whole thing, I think her footwork and athleticism can help stopping TDs and no one in WMMA can match her on the feet. Not even Cyborg.

Down vote away, but that's my opinion and I'm right until proven otherwise (at least in my eyes ;) ).

(Of course now she's gonna go and get upset by Hayes and make me look like an even bigger **** for this statement)

* Edited at 12.06.2013, 3:53 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,842  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

12.06.2013 | 3:58 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 40th with 21 others

I don't disagree. Instead of brute strength she has speed, technique and still packs enough power to make the hit chicks scream in pain. I will however hold on with making further statements until I see her against a top fighter.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.06.2013 | 4:07 PM ET

Agreed dear joseph, I wasn't by any means stating (even though I wrote 'statement') anything, just sharing a hunch :)

* Edited at 12.06.2013, 4:09 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with title fight headliner, Jose Aldo's return, more
  • MMA Mania : The King Of Rio Returns ... But Why?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jones’ callout for ‘massive’ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White to roast Tom Brady in upcoming live Netflix special
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress