Topic: International MMA

Polish MMA Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

10.02.2013 | 8:44 PM ET

Tapology member Halny has started to send us a lot of updates about happenings in Polish MMA.  He's never posted in the forums, but I'm encouraging him to come here and start providing updates on cards and fighters in Poland.  There's a lot going on in that country!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses Page 19

mmammag
mmammag
  • Predictions:  1,326  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  101
  • Post Score: 271

03.07.2015 | 3:08 AM ET

Some photos:

1. End of 4rd round:

2. KO

* Edited at 03.07.2015, 6:00 AM ET *

mmammag
mmammag

03.07.2015 | 7:42 AM ET

Świątek vs. Marinho - full fight video 

http://www.polsatsport.pl/Film/Krwawa-Masakra-Zakonczona-Za-Pozno-Cala-Walka-Swiatek---Marinho_6259906/index.html
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,345  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.07.2015 | 8:21 AM ET

Świątek's today message from the hospital can be summed up in short as:

"I'm alive, I'm well. Thank you for all the support. I'm now reading the comments and I strongly disagree with one thing. I wanted to fight till the end. I would never forgive the referee or my corner for stopping the fight. Thank you, coaches. I know who I am and what sport I'm in."

Apparently aside from the broken nose he also has a broken orbital bone and a severely busted up leg due to a multitude or undefended punches and kicks.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

03.07.2015 | 9:15 AM ET

Swiatek is just too tough for his own good, took a hell of a beating and no doubt shortened his career but can't fault his heart.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

mmammag
mmammag

03.07.2015 | 10:23 AM ET

According to Świątek's post... he wrote that he doesn't want to break his fight, but Mateusz Borek told on twitter that Tymoteusz was talking with him and he realises that he can't fight like yesterday. There is probability that not "Omen" wrote posts on Facebook.

https://twitter.com/BorekMati/status/574174411672195072
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,345  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.09.2015 | 6:58 AM ET

Świątek is out of the hospital, alive and fine (apparently even his nose and eye are fine). He's already bored and tired of resting. He's happy and thankful for all the support, but at the same time he's unhappy with people criticising his corner for not stopping the fight. He claims to have known what was going on the entire time and that in fact they wanted to stop the fight, but that he insisted he wanted to keep on fighting. In his own words: "on one hand you're supporting me and on the other you're kicking my friends for respecting my wishes." He's also hoping for a rematch.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.09.2015 | 7:39 AM ET

What a beating.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mmammag
mmammag

03.13.2015 | 7:22 AM ET

Grzegorz Szulakowski (5-1) vs Patryk Grudniewski(5-4) on undecard KSW 31

http://www.kswmma.com/index.php?s=news1&newsID=1896&grzegorz-szulakowski-rywalem-patryka-grudniewskiego-na-ksw-31 
mmammag
mmammag

03.14.2015 | 5:25 PM ET

Meek vs Danelski on Arena Berserkerów 7 was very controversial. Scorecards of this fight:

https://twitter.com/WRysiewski/status/576855536039256064

WAR JOANNA :) 
mmammag
mmammag

03.15.2015 | 12:17 AM ET

AAAAAAAAAAAAND NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

:)
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,095  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

03.15.2015 | 1:34 AM ET

This is quite a happy accident for the UFC. They're now going into the Poland market for their first show with a new Polish champion.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.15.2015 | 1:42 AM ET

Esparza looked nervous as hell once she got into the Octagon. Its like she knew she was in trouble before the fight.

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

03.15.2015 | 3:22 AM ET

Esparza was probably nervous because Gadelha would annihilate her badly and Joanna had just fought Gadelha to a SD (By far most websites/analysts scored it for Gadelha, but 2/3 judges scored it for Joanna, judge for yourself).  Making it extremely unlikely she was going to be able to do to Joanna what someone better than her at everything fought to a coin flip.  Esparza's a pretty far back 4th at women's strawweight to me.  Top 3 I think with a lot of separation before anyone else are Gadelha/Joanna/Aguilar in whatever order, even when Esparza was champ.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.15.2015 | 4:46 AM ET

@rappinpap, Carla is always nervous and scared before fights, she was on TUF and she was before every one of her fights ... then she usually gets a takedown or two and gains confidence ... Joanna was too big, strong and athletic for her so she stayed in her scurred place and went blank and couldn't think of anything to do except for shoot for desperation TDs, putting her into this loop where her shooting the way she did made it easier for Joanna to stuff them, thus making Carla blank out more and shoot for desperation TDs and so on ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.15.2015 | 12:03 PM ET

I don;t remember her looking that way against Rose.

Either way, i wanted her to win and she was outclassed.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.15.2015 | 1:43 PM ET

@yossgold  If Esparza can have her confidence broken by not getting a few takedowns at the beginning of a fight against someone like Joanna; I shutter to think what will happen if she fights Gadelha, Calderwood, or even Aguilar again (if she comes to the UFC) and they employ the same game plan Joanna used on her. Cause it will most likely end with the same result that we saw last night.

"..."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.15.2015 | 11:55 PM ET

@GreenHornet, I agree and have been saying that about her all along, she does have great wrestling BUT I believe she's not as strong mentally as a champ should be, very lacking in the non-grappling aspects of the sport and is pretty small for the division. The fact that she got so far is because she's a very talented grappler (all aspects of grappling) and she's got very good cardio to she can press that takedown until she gets it relentlessly. That will do against most, but the top of the division (I said a while back that Joanna and Claudia are a level above the girls that were on TUF) will make her pay for her size and lacking in other dimensions.

I actually give her more of a chance vs. Claudia than Joanna (though I pick Claudia to beat her), since I think Claudia would actually grapple with her for one and Carla's scrappy and very technical so I see her putting up more of a fight. Also, I'm willing to bet my left nut Claudia gasses hard and fast with the type of fight Carla tried to force on Joanna, while as Joanna just fended her off time and again so that she could keep her in her world. I also believe that Joanna's also got much better cardio than Claudia (I could be wrong on all accounts, it's all mostly speculation at this point).

By the way, I still think Carla's top of the division and under certain circumstances can momentarily win the belt back, it's just that kind of division where in the top 3, each has the tools to beat one of the other 3 to create a nice little triangle.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mmammag
mmammag

03.16.2015 | 11:20 AM ET

Katarzyna Lubońska signed contract with KSW

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

03.16.2015 | 12:28 PM ET

Cute girl.

mmammag
mmammag

03.17.2015 | 8:41 AM ET

Katarzyna told in interview for mmarocks.pl that her debut will be in autumn, but she doesn't know about date (so it's certain that it could be some extra event before KSW in London, rumour is Częstochowa will be place of event). She has opportunity to fight before debut in KSW. Lubońska thinks about fight with... Kamila Porczyk. 

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov