Topic: Pague vs. Horiguchi

Pague vs. Horiguchi

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,636  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,567
  • Post Score: 60

09.14.2013 | 11:33 AM ET

Prediction: correct Horiguchi   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Pague vs. Horiguchi. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

09.14.2013 | 11:33 AM ET

Prediction: correct Horiguchi   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

This **** is official son!

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

09.14.2013 | 11:36 AM ET

I was hoping Guchi would fight at 125 since he was a small Bantamweight fighting at 131? 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

09.14.2013 | 11:40 AM ET

The ***** gonna KO this mofo.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

09.14.2013 | 11:46 AM ET

Prediction: correct Horiguchi   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

Pague gonna get hurt bad but Kyoji needs to drop after this. He's by far the smallest BW on the roster and his TDD isn't great yet.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Nomad
Nomad

09.14.2013 | 11:52 AM ET

We have Jumabieke and Horiguchi now the UFC needs to get Choi and Ishii, maybe even Kawajiri. If the UFC can convince Ishii to come over as a 185lber he can really be a national star with great success I think. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,388  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

09.14.2013 | 12:21 PM ET

Ishi signed with M-1 Global and is fighting Monson later this year. So, don't know what that means for his UFC future. I think Light heavyweight would be fine for Ishi.

* Edited at 09.14.2013, 12:29 PM ET *

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

Nomad
Nomad

09.14.2013 | 12:45 PM ET

Yeah, fine for losing to any of the top guys maybe....At 205lbs put him against the bottom of the top 10 think about how he'd do then do the same at 185lbs.

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

09.14.2013 | 12:47 PM ET

Pague is gonna get smashed.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

09.14.2013 | 5:31 PM ET

And why hasn't Page been cut yet? He isn't all that entertaining to watch fight and he has lost three in a row...

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.14.2013 | 5:36 PM ET

Pague has been arguably screwed in his past two fights. That's why he's still there.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,233  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

09.14.2013 | 7:37 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Pague   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

@Prodigy - I think all 3 three of his losses (Stone, Camus, and Yves J.), he should have won. So he's on a 4 fight winning streak IMO.
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.14.2013 | 7:39 PM ET

I honestly can't remember the other two, but i thought he beat Camus. Camus spent the whole first round in a triangle. But we all know how that goes.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

10.11.2013 | 11:11 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Pague   wrong Decision  

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

10.11.2013 | 1:40 PM ET

I don't think Horiguchi will last long. Hes way to small at bantamweight. The dude seriously needs to make the cut to flyweight. And even then hes gonna have trouble with wrestlers or bjj guys with good takedowns. 
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.11.2013 | 1:42 PM ET

I scored the Stone fight for Stone, the Jabouin fight for Pague, and can't remember the Camus fight, but I scored Camus's last win against him, so maybe this was a BS call as well.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.11.2013 | 1:48 PM ET

I think Pague is a lot better than his record shows, is WAAAY bigger than him and Asian talent has a tendency to not translate well in the octagon, but I'm going with my heart here and picking Horiguchi ... I think that ultimately he's the better fighter, but it's going to be a tough one ... 

If he does in fact drop to flyweight after this fight it'd be awesome!

* Edited at 10.11.2013, 1:50 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

10.11.2013 | 2:02 PM ET

Kyoji's going to beat Pague and Pague is going to get cut afterwards. It's going to suck seeing Pague get cut though as I really like him.

Kyoji maybe a small bantamweight, but look at what he did to Ian Loveland.

I disagree with Kyoji moving down to flyweight. The competition at bantamweight is much easier than at flyweight. There's a few fighters at flyweight and I think most of them could beat Kyoji. Mighty Mouse, Benavidez, Dodson, McCall, Lineker, Gaudinot, etc. have a good chance at beating Kyoji.

Meanwhile at bantamweight I can see Kyoji beating guys like Roop, Bowles, Caceres, Caraway, Rivera, Figueroa, Pague, Perez, Bedford, Kimura, etc.

@Nomad they've already picked up Doo Ho Choi and Ishii's never fought at middleweight and if he signed with the UFC he'd probably be fighting at heavyweight or at light heavyweight since those are the weight classes he usually fights in although most notably at heavyweight.
ACFMMA
ACFMMA

10.11.2013 | 2:50 PM ET

I think kimura, caraway and bedford beat him easily. Roop and leroys length could give him problems as well. I think perez would win to. One of his problems is that hes an agressive striker, and theres a bunch of strikers with way more power in both divisions. I think Martins and Viana would KO him at BW and i wouldnt pick him against lineker at FW. 

Kawajiri said he has no interest in fighting in america. He doesnt like the cage. And as long as he can get fights in OneFC, Road FC or Dream if they still hold an event once in a while, hes happy to stay in japan for the rest of his career.

Glad they signed choi, his contract situation was taking to long to fix. He should have been in the UFC last year. But better late than never and at least hes still really young.

No way ishii could survive at HW, he would have to make the cut to 205. Although if his english is good enough they could use him on a TUF HW season for ratings and then have him drop down after the show. Still not sure how commited he is to MMA or how much hes been training, But he says hes focusing on rounding out his skills. But hes still doing a lot of judo because he wants to stay sharp so he can represent the united states in judo at the next olympics. He cant seem to settle into a gym though as hes trained at ATT,Reign,Blackhouse and Kings. Im sure he wont be signing with bella***** or WSOF, hes gonna wait till the UFC comes calling.
edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

10.11.2013 | 3:12 PM ET

I see Kyoji vs. the fighters you mentioned except for Hugo Wolverine and Lineker of course being similar to his fight with Loveland.

Kawajiri said he was interested in becoming a triple crown champion at the post fight press conference from the last DREAM NYE show saying he wanted to win the DREAM featherweight title, ONE FC featherweight title and the Bellator featherweight title, so there's interest on his side of fighting in America.

Ishii was originally scheduled to be on the horrible TUF heavyweight season with Big Country, Kimbo, Mitrione and Schaub and he even appeared and was featured on UFC PPV's being mentioned as Judo world champion, but opted to sign with WVR in Japan and they folded and he lost his MMA debut to Yoshida making most MMA organizations lose interest in him. He's recently regained attention as he's been beating up past their prime UFC heavyweights on IGF pro-wrestling cards for Inoki.
Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

10.11.2013 | 3:56 PM ET

GUCHI....BRRRR

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : Vitor Petrino vs. Anthony Smith prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : Video! Paul Grills Garcia Over Controversial Drug Test
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 start time, TV schedule for Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg, Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez
  • Bad Left Hook : Redneck Brawl 6: Live updates and results, 7:30 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Vs. Erceg Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : Manel Kape insists UFC champion Alexandre Pantoja not on his level
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 predictions
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 play-by-play, live results (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs. Munguia Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia start time, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Vs Munguia Odds, Finals Betting Lines
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Jits Magazine : Majestic BJJ Challenge 4 Full Results And Review
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: Opening/Closing Betting Line Movements
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements