Topic: Bellator Viam Vitae MMA

Bellator Viam Vitae

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

09.06.2013 | 3:33 PM ET

So is this like a Bellator farm system ? Can't imagine they can use the name without Bellators permission

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Bellator Viam Vitae MMA
Bout   Info
Rocky Johnson   defeats   Pete Vandervort   via KO/TKO, Spinning Back Kick and Punches   2:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ronnie Tomasek   defeats   Jeremy Martinez   via KO/TKO, Slam and Punches   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Omar Gonzalez   defeats   Jason Burton   via Submission, Heel Hook   1:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jake Chatham   defeats   Tibor Janec   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryce Holland   defeats   Doug Brock   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Adam Vigil   defeats   Michael Mora   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kenny Rivera   defeats   James Robinson   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:27 Round 2 of 3, 4:27 Total Bout Page
Sergio Juarez   defeats   Forrest Marshall   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:25 Round 3 of 3, 7:25 Total Bout Page

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

09.06.2013 | 6:46 PM ET

From what I understand, this is not a farm league and has no ties to Bellator. Bellator is the latin word for warrior, so I guess they can't really copyright the word completely. Not positive though.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

09.06.2013 | 6:55 PM ET

YOLO rum....hahahaha

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

09.06.2013 | 7:00 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 16 others

And lawsuit in 3...2...1...

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

09.06.2013 | 7:01 PM ET

TIL Bellator means warrior  :p  I guess if they can legally do it its a smart move to get some views the name is what made me notice it.. 

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

09.07.2013 | 3:54 PM ET

Results

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 40th with 5 others

From - http://mmabuzz.com/groups/viewgroup/52-bellator-viam-vitaf-mma

Rocky Johnson vs. Pete Vandervort in a 155 lb. professional fight.  

GNP scored Johnson the TKO win at 2:09 of round one. 

Ronnie Tomasek vs. Jeremy Martinez in a 155 lb. professional exhibition fight.  

Martinez threatened with an armbar but Tomasek escaped with a slam and the follow-up GNP flurry scored him the TKO win at 1:33 of round one.

Jason Burton vs. Omar Gonzales in a 150 lb. title fight.  

After several rolls Gonzales set in the heel-hook to get the title winning submission victory at 1:00 of round one. 

Jake Chatham vs. Tibor Janec in a heavyweight fight.  

Chatham transitioned to half mount and flurried with strikes to get the TKO win at 1:33 of round one.

Doug Brock vs. Bryce Holland in a 155 lb. fight.  

From the top Holland flurried with strikes to get the TKO win at 2:07 of round one.

Michael Mora vs. Adam Vigil in a 155 lb. fight.  

Vigil landed hard strikes to start and he never quit pressing forward until he got the TKO win at :32 of round one.

James Robinson vs. Kenny Rivera in a 170 lb. fight.  T

From the top Rivera flurried with punches to earn the TKO win at 1:27 of round two. 

Sergio Juarez vs. Forrest Marshall in a 125 lb. fight.  

From side control Juarez threatened with an Americana before taking mount to work GNP to set up back control to use more GNP to set up an RNC to get the fight winning tapout at 1:25 of round three.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

09.07.2013 | 5:02 PM ET

I was looking at these guys recently because of the name.  I'm guessing that as soon as Bellator finds out they'll be sending a cease and desist or whatever it is that you send.  And I think Bellator will win.  These guys can't just take a major promoter's name, even if it's a latin word.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 pre-event facts: Jose Aldo still holds records after retirement layoff
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Mania : Video: Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Junkie : Video: HyunSung Park out of UFC 302 after accident in gym leads to knee ligament rupture
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria has ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ‘highest-paid athlete in the world’ in 2025
  • MMA Mania : New Owner McGregor ‘Has A Lot Of Say’ In BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Meet BKFC’s Not-Silent Minority Owner
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card, Rumors
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301