Topic: Evans vs. Sonnen

Evans vs. Sonnen

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,620  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

09.04.2013 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Evans   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Evans vs. Sonnen. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 6

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.16.2013 | 10:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Sonnen   wrong Decision  

**** it ... switched to Sonnen ... it's not like I'm in the run for the 500 anyway :)

Gut feeling and heart pick all the way :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.16.2013 | 10:43 AM ET

Sonnen just got taken down by Shogun, just sayin..
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 hour, and 25 seconds from now.
Roundtable_pics
Roundtable_pics
  • Predictions:  64  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: -20

11.16.2013 | 3:33 PM ET

Despite the fact I like neither man because of ego. Rashad has a better skill set. Also see it going to decision the loser will talk crap based on that fact
ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23
  • Predictions:  2,885  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 77

11.16.2013 | 3:44 PM ET

Should b a good fight.. I would say Rashad wins by decision. But would love to see one of Sonnen's victory speeches!!
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

11.16.2013 | 4:36 PM ET

I don't really understand the matchmaking here. Sonnen can win, I'll give him a shot.

"I live, I die, I live again."

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

11.16.2013 | 4:40 PM ET

whatever happens, both guys will be class acts after due to their relationship. I think sonnen will pull of the decision, but it really could go either way.
Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

11.16.2013 | 4:58 PM ET

I hope I'm wrong. This might be a snoozer though.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.16.2013 | 5:28 PM ET

Greg, the rationale for this fight is; if Sonnen wins he has victories over two highly regarded fomer champions at 205, so maybe he should challenge for the title again. (I don´t want to see that either, but its the Chael hype mentality), and if Rashad wins he gets fans talking about him again, because Rashad needs something big to prove he´s still in this game.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Gregory
Gregory

11.16.2013 | 5:50 PM ET

@ben I just feel like Sonnen would be better off taking a more winnable fight at 185, and then be in a position to take on Weidman (if Weidman wins).   Not that I don't think Sonnen can beat Evans, in fact I picked him, but I think it's a really tough fight for him that might be boring.

*edit... means to say "not that I don't think Sonnen CAN'T beat Evans"

* Edited at 11.16.2013, 5:58 PM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.16.2013 | 5:55 PM ET

So you don´t see it as a good idea from Sonnen´s perspective. That makes sense. I hadn´t really thought about it that way since i am such a big Rashad Evans fan. Rashad has a lot to gain beating Sonnen, and i honestly believe he will. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.16.2013 | 5:56 PM ET

Sonnen, in reality would still have to fight Machida or Jacare to get a shot a Weidman, I think Rashads an easier outting to be honest. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Gregory
Gregory

11.16.2013 | 6:00 PM ET

@Nomad It depends whether the UFC wants to make Sonnen earn it the legit way, or fast-track him the easy way because they want Sonnen headlining ASAP.   He should have to face those guys to get a shot, but the UFC will do what it wants...

yossgold
yossgold

11.16.2013 | 6:04 PM ET

Looks like he's gunning for Vitor after Wand:

From BJPenn.com:

“I just don’t like him,” Sonnen said of Belfort at a recent media event. “I’m not into the whole schtick. I’m not into the whole bringing Jesus into the Octagon and acting like he’s helping you knock another man to sleep. I’m not into a lot of the hypocrisy, plus he’s fought a lot of friends of mine, and he’s hurt some of them. So it’s also a revenge factor.”

“I haven’t been crazy about Vitor for a considerable period of time. But I do recognize how good he is, I do recognize how dangerous he is, experienced, explosive, you can go on and on… I couldn’t imagine not fighting Vitor. He’s doing a good job. I don’t know what’s next for him. But he and I will eventually cross paths, yes, absolutely.”

An easier fight for him than Machida or Jacare if you ask me ... I know Vitor's on a tear, but I think they were all very winnable fights for Vitor that played perfectly into his style while Sonnen would be a nightmare fight for him ...

* Edited at 11.16.2013, 6:04 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.16.2013 | 6:05 PM ET

I mean, yeah that's possible but the MW division and title picture is so ridiculously stacked right now with Weidman rematching Silva, Vitor awaiting the winner, Machida facing Mousasi and Jacare awaiting a big next opponent. I'm just not sure they can let even Chael at this point slide right into the title picture after coming down from 205 without facing at least one of them. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

yossgold
yossgold

11.16.2013 | 6:09 PM ET

Chael won't get a title shot after beating Wand that's for sure ... he'll most likely have to go through at least one more top contender (depending on who that guy is by the time he finishes TUF Brazil 3).

yossgold
yossgold

11.16.2013 | 6:11 PM ET

Oh, and lets not forget that he still needs to get pass Rashad Evans who I consider to be Chael's nightmare matchup (if he's fully motivated) ...

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: Mike Perry faces 60 days off after 60-second bout
  • MMA Mania : Hughes Debut Set For Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal rips Jake Paul for MMA callout: ‘You can’t even box, now all of a sudden you’re doing f*cking MMA?’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev says he has the key for an 'easy fight' vs. Dustin Poirier: 'It's worst style for this guy'