Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva minimizes pressure and says: "my legacy is already cemented".

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

07.04.2013 | 2:55 AM ET

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/spider-minimiza-pressao-acho-que-meu-legado-ja-esta-concretizado.html#atleta-anderson-silva

Interesting quotes: "Weidman has a lot of weapons: fine striking, good wrestling and good jiu-jitsu. That is normal. Everyone who fights in the UFC is among the very best in the world."

"I think I have changed Chris Weidman's life, because he will fight for the title this Saturday. Things like this are my true legacy, and opening doors to new fighters is very important. Chris has a great opportunity, and that is important for the sport."

"I am relaxed because I have been doing this for a long time, and this is what I like to do. I don't fight because I have the belt, I don't fight because I am the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. I fight because I love what I do. Martial arts have changed my life, and the lives of many people around me. MMA is a sport, but martial arts are something different. My master Steven Seagal told me that as good as I am, I can't waste the opportunity that I have of changing the lives of many people through martial arts. He is right: that is what truly is important."

"I think that my legacy is complete. I have achieved everything I could, and future fights with Jon Jones, Georges St. Pierre, and Chris Weidman won't change that".

"Every time God talks to me He says "Anderson, you can achieve something truly great. You are good, you have helped the sport, but it is time for you to stop, come back to your family, stay with your children and pass the wisdom of martial arts to every child you can."

About moving to 205:

"I am comfortable where I am. This is not the beginning of my career, this is the end, and 185 is where perform best. I can't change that now, and I don't want to."

"The toughest guys I have ever faced were Dan Henderson and Carlos Newton."

* Edited at 07.04.2013, 2:58 AM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.04.2013 | 4:16 AM ET

Well, it will be another notch on the belt and legacy of The Spider...

Love the nod to Newton at the end aswell..

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

07.05.2013 | 10:59 AM ET

What I don't like about this is his passing the torch speech... Goddamnit is it too much to ask him to stay middleweight champion for 40 more years? I want him to come to the octagon in a wheelchair while still expecting him to win. Lol.

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

07.05.2013 | 11:00 AM ET

I'd like to see Anderson fight for atleast 25 more years. If he can't do that then I guess he just isn't committed to the sport anymore. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

07.05.2013 | 2:27 PM ET

Interesting comments. I thought he just signed a new contract for ten fights or something though? Sounds like he is almost ready to lose this one. 

Another thing I was wondering is did anyone ask Roy Jones if he would fight Silva? Jones is 44... UFC should do a boxing match in the octagon if that is really gonna happen.

And I can't beleive this master segal **** is real life

* Edited at 07.05.2013, 2:34 PM ET *

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

MMATycoon
MMATycoon
  • Predictions:  7,154  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 227

07.05.2013 | 2:31 PM ET

So humble and kind. What a champion.

"www.mmatycoon.com"

MMATycoon
MMATycoon
  • Predictions:  7,154  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 227

07.05.2013 | 2:32 PM ET

BTW I heard Roy Jones Jr said he wanted to try MMA. A boxing match in the octagon would be sick IMO.

"www.mmatycoon.com"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Ben Rothwell Scores Awkward 43-Second TKO Over Todd Duffee – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Alfredo Angulo, Jeremiah Riggs have 93-second instant classic at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Big Ben Scores 43-Second Phantom Punch KO
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor becomes part owner of BKFC: 'Welcome to the big leagues'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor becomes part owner of BKFC
  • Bad Left Hook : Ramirez survives scare to outwork Barthelemy, Ortiz destroys Dulorme: Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers