Tapology Forums

What are your best fighting attributes?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

02.19.2013 | 7:03 PM ET

Even if you don't fight (like me) and even if you have trouble staying in shape (like me), what do you think would be your main advantages? If you do train, what are your current strengths?

Footwork - I have great footwork from many years at the clubs. 

Slippery-ness - I've always been real wiry and slippery. I wasn't very good when I wrestled in middle school but I was damn hard to pin. Limber is maybe the word.

TDD - I have very good balance and strong legs so I think I would sprawl well.

On the negative side, I have thin skin so I cut and bruise easily. I also tend to get disoriented easily and I really don't like pain. But I'm hard-headed, does that count?

"The boy's got no fight in him. I don't get it. He spends five hours a day playing violent video games -- what's the point if they don't have any effect on him?
-Hank Hill

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Responses

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.19.2013 | 7:17 PM ET

I do BJJ. That's really all i train in, been doing it for nearly two and a half years.

As far as other random attributes, i have really dumb flexibility in my legs, i get complimented on it fairly often at jiu jitsu. I played soccer for about ten years, don't play that much anymore, so i can kick pretty well. I also think i have a pretty hard head and can take a punch. I'm not really in great shape, although i'm not in horrible shape. I'm not particularly big, tall, or strong, so i'm not about to out-strength anyone. I guess that's about it.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,608  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

02.19.2013 | 7:25 PM ET

I'm with Prodigy on this one. Just real flexible. Also double-jointed, helps me to get out of armbars and kimuras all the time.

"This is Shooto!"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

02.19.2013 | 7:28 PM ET

I'm skinny and weak with no technique and cardio to last 2 minutes on the mats.

Come at me bros!!!
yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,175  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

02.19.2013 | 7:29 PM ET

I do BJJ and Judo, did Pancrase before .. I ******* love allll kind of subs,  im not always technical but i always looking for the kill, squeeze and wring neck, arms or legs ! I got a kind of "nasty love" to feel that .. On the negative side, i ******* break all kinds of bones .. But mine .. =D I guess i had not drink enough milk as i had to, in my childhood ! lol

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,195  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

02.19.2013 | 7:32 PM ET

my flexibility its what always saves when i train  since i was a kid i always did **** with my legs always sat legs crossed or would randomly put leg behind my head now i can get put both legs behind my head with no help from my hands so as you can tell i love my rubber guard Lol i just started doin stand up so far my best thing there is i like to get hit  kinda crazy when it comes to stand up i got a chin and like to show it but i know ill regret it one day and get KTFO lmao and i hope to one day fight not go pro or anything but just fight amateur a bit see what its like  great thread ! @stealingfire .. and cutting weight would be easy for me i always do it with my cousin and best friend to help them so it aint so hard them doin it by themselfs when i cut weight i get down to 130 im usually 145

* Edited at 02.19.2013, 7:33 PM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.19.2013 | 7:32 PM ET

Im good at curling up in the fetal position so ill make the job easy for guys like Mazagati .

Cecil  still has me win all my fights 30-27 though

* Edited at 02.19.2013, 7:33 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

yorma
yorma

02.19.2013 | 7:33 PM ET

@Madmike @Curtwag Just ... LOOOOOOL =D

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

02.19.2013 | 7:35 PM ET

I would have to go with my flexibility, hips (pretty much used to describe things like balance, positioning; much needed for grappling), and I guess the fact that I would be a tall LW if I was to cut the weight. Then of course theres my years of wrestling, but Im a scrub

* Edited at 02.19.2013, 7:36 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

02.19.2013 | 8:26 PM ET

My biggest strength is my strength.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

02.19.2013 | 8:27 PM ET

@yorma  I've never broken a bone and I kind of feel like a wuss about that.

@Live2wrestle  I'm 5-10 and I could probably make bantamweight, hahaha

@MadMike  I'm calling you out first, man!  (edit -or curtwag)

* Edited at 02.19.2013, 8:29 PM ET *

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.19.2013 | 8:31 PM ET

I've only trained only boxing and kickboxing but I spar jiu-jitsu whenever I can despite never taking any classes. My kicks suck ass (except for my sidekick and push kick) and I have 0 head movement, I just eat shots. I'm also not very good at taking good hits to the head so that isn't very good. My coaches complain to me when I spar because I've a very rangy, boring, striker who tries to minimize damage taken and keep the opponent at bay with long-ass strikes.

If I were to cut weight, walking at 152 pounds right now could put me at bantamweight because I don't have much weight that can be cut. Standing at 5"10 1/2 would make me one of the tallest bantamweights, if not the tallest.

I do have only one natural advantage over most people; I have a 78 inch reach, which is ridiculous especially for a guy who has a skinny upper body (my arms are something like 36 inches long, if I was an NFL wide receiver I'd have the longest arms in the NFL). That would give me a longer reach than anyone in the UFC at 135, 145, 155 and 170 and my reach is longer than Anderson Silva's (6"2) and Alexander Gustafsson's ("6'5).

But that's all I got. I would not be fun to watch.

"الله أكبرl"

yorma
yorma

02.19.2013 | 8:34 PM ET

Lately i broke my big left toe, my right lil toe, an infection on the left lil finger (surgery etc), and before i broke 3 times my right lil finger, and one time the two on the left of it ! Its my Achille's heel i guess ..  Fingers and toes ... :(

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

02.19.2013 | 8:35 PM ET

I love the honesty and humility in this thread. Great character traits.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

yorma
yorma

02.19.2013 | 8:36 PM ET

Ahahah Anik eat shots ! Love it ! ;)
Jespere que tout va bien pour toi !

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

02.19.2013 | 8:40 PM ET

I still train, but not as much as i used to. I mainly just do gi bjj now. That **** is addictive.

"3HUNNA"

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

02.19.2013 | 8:43 PM ET

I have a good chin and really thick skin. i barely bruise and never get cuts on my face. got my ass kicked by my brother but landed like two punches that busted his face a bit and i never had a mark on me so everyone thought i won the fight.

* Edited at 02.19.2013, 8:46 PM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.19.2013 | 8:46 PM ET

@yorma ahhaha merci mais c'est pas bon necessairement.

I don't exactly have a great chin and sometimes I feel like a quitter. Like in my head I say I can't do it anymore, I'm quitting there's no point, but then my body does it anyway it's ****** up.

Like I did 3 5 minute round back-to-back of kickboxing and I was so ******* drained (doesn't help that I haven't quit that stupid cigar habit). I couldn't keep my hands up but everyone just kept telling me to push and I just went to the guy and swung at him Texas-brawler style with my head ducked and hooks over my shoulders. I already quit by that time, but my body didn't. Has anything ever happened like that to anyone here?

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.19.2013 | 8:51 PM ET

Strengths- Kickboxing, TDD, Chin.

Weaknesses- BJJ, Speed.

I trained Kickboxing for a long time and became fairly good at it. I took a bit of wrestling in highschool, but I never quite stuck with it. Yet for some reason I have extremely good TDD. And, I can take a punch. I discovered this when I was a stupid 14 year old who would box his friends in their garage.. It translated well. When I get hit I am very good at maintaining my composure and even better at recovering if I do get hurt.

I seriously lack BJJ and any sort of grappling, which is a shame because I think BJJ is one of the most important aspects of fighting. I've trained it a little bit, but I was never a great learner when it came to Jiu Jitsu. I would love to be able to say I was great at Jiu Jitsu, but I am far from it. Also, I'm not very slow, but when it comes to guys my size with a similar style of fighting, I don't have speed that compares to them. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.19.2013 | 8:51 PM ET

I'm huge, mean, and I'll ******* kill you. =]
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

02.19.2013 | 9:38 PM ET

I just lay n' pray in bjj.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says Mike Tyson the one who requested a professional bout: 'I'm going to f*cking put him down'
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Ready to Embrace the Backlash He’ll Receive by KO’ing Mike Tyson: ‘I’m Going to F*cking Put Him Down’
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Predictions, Main Card Preview And Betting Lines
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor 'disgusted' by Ryan Garcia's positive drug test: 'Get your head together or kill yourself'
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Has there been a UFC pay-per-view with less buzz than UFC 301?
  • Jits Magazine : Four Former Trials Winners Given Invites To ADCC 2024
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Puking Gomis Pulled from UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Cameron splits with Matchroom, signs with Queensberry
  • MMA Junkie : William Gomis vs. Jean Silva scrapped from UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins, bout cancelled
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Cal Ellenor vs Niall Wilson
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter lands just one punch for 11-second knockout
  • MMA Mania : Updated UFC 301 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’